Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2011, 10:02   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortune

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Awesome pics Nilanjan! I had visited Kanha in the winter of 09 and fell in love with the place. Had a very good sighting of a big male tiger - that day will remain a red letter day for me
Some pics here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nd-tigers.html
Thanks for the pics... made me nostalgic. I've been meaning to head to the forests for a while. Planning Corbett, Kaziranga, Pench, Bandhavgadh, Ranthambore... long list!

And by the way, your faithful Bison looks awesome too. Did a trip in a Fortuner recently and I have started to appreciate it beyond its butch looks!
Thanks - glad you liked the photos. I have been reading a few other MP travelogues, and as I mentioned in a previous post, it is great to experience the forests from the photographer/writer's perspective.

I loved the tiger standing up/clawing tree picture aad 'eye of the tiger' pictures in your thread.

The Bison is straining to get out of the city jail. Glad you had a chance to appreciate the Fortuner - most people can't see beyond its external butch looks or 'Innova-like' interiors.

That's quite a long list of forests :-) . My list includes Corbett, Namdhapa, Kaziranga + Manas, a few high altitude Himalayan parks. I used to love the Chhotonagpur forests (have camped in the jungles of Bihar, Orissa), but now there is too much political unrest that side. I also want to revisit the North Bengal forests, which I visited many times when I was a kid.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 16th July 2011 at 10:09.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:21   #107
BHPian

Re: Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortune

Nilanjan Sir, the safari timing at Kanha is 5.00 a.m. to 11 a.m. and evening is as you have mentioned. But generally, during summer you may not find a single creature after 10 a.m., so mostly people returned.

Nice captures Sir. The picture of Kisli gate - you took me to the marathan 8 safari i did during my visit in May 2011.
Old 20th July 2011, 18:27   #108
Senior - BHPian

Anyway, back to MP...

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_7190.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-csc_6004-2.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_6699.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_6771.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-csc_7209.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_7200.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_7378.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_7202.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_7231.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th July 2011 at 15:48. Reason: Splitting post between 2 threads.
Old 21st July 2011, 17:05   #109
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note : A few posts from this thread discussing the management of wildlife sanctuaries has been moved to this thread

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 16:55   #110
Senior - BHPian

A few more pictures...

Morning at Pench
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_5554.jpg

Dryish watercourse @ Pench
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_5583.jpg

Shot taken at long distance...I noticed the deer only when I had a closer look
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_5585.jpg

Kanha...the enclosed space is meant for Barasingha conservation, AFAIK
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_6817.jpg

Pench
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_5581.jpg

Roadside tigress
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_6505.jpg

Another kill picture
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_6541.jpg

Catwalk in Sepia
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_6525.jpg

Somewhere in Kanha...the road looks inviting for a walk
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_6678.jpg

A companion from Bandhavgarh...he used to rest in the outhouse washing room (panting in heat), and get up and go outside everytime I would come in to wash my hands after a meal.
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_6649.jpg
Old 17th August 2011, 11:32   #111
BHPian

Nice captures again Sir. Where in Pench, you got those painted stroke pictures?
Old 17th August 2011, 16:51   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Nice captures again Sir. Where in Pench, you got those painted stroke pictures?
From the bank of Pench river. These birds were there on the other side of the river, so I had to take the shot at full zoom and then crop.
Old 6th December 2011, 11:41   #113
BHPian

Nilanjan,

I am a newbie on tBHP and have spent a lot of time going through your postings and this travelogue as well. I have enjoyed it thoroughly and you probably inspired me to do a lot more travelling than I do currently (into the woods I mean). What i badly need is a used SUV now (Can't afford a Bison now . Great photos and loved each one of them. Keep the postings coming. There are more following this thread than you can imagine.

Rated this thread 5 stars. Would love to join you for one of your frequent trips to Masinagudi (if you don't mind)

Cheers
Old 6th December 2011, 20:18   #114
Senior - BHPian

Thanks R0ckstar.

This trip was quite a few months back...have started dreaming about my next one (drive to Corbett or North Bengal Dooars).

Will let you know when I plan my next Masinagudi trip. PM me your phone number.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:22   #115
BHPian

Thanks for the quick response Nilanjan. I am a newbie and only the BHPians get to send new PMs. I can only receive one. I have to get promoted (waiting for a promotion here as well :( ). So if you don't mind, can you send PM me when you visit Masinagudi in the near future? Will forward to other postings and travelogues from you.

BTW, where in Bangalore do you stay? I live in the JP Nagar area near Bannerghatta Road.
Old 17th January 2012, 23:00   #116
Senior - BHPian

Some more random pictures...

MP state highway
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_5647.jpg

Male? Female? Size? Age? Need to reread Corbett to understand intricacies of a pugmark
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_5948.jpg

Tourists waiting for a glimpse in front of a Gaur kill
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_5682.jpg

Bandhavgarh
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_5710.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_5719.jpg

Claw marks on a tree
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_5923.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_6038.jpg

Marking territory
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_7576.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_6803.jpg

Barasinghas crossing a road
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_6712.jpg
Old 29th January 2013, 00:05   #117
Senior - BHPian

Was going through the MP photos after a long time and reliving the trip. Am sharing a few more.

I plan to make one more trip to Kanha and Bandhavgarh. Perhaps this year.

Sleepy tiger, Kanha, late morning
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_7292.jpg

Egyptian Vulture. Blood marks on the wall.
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_5624.jpg

A huge male Sambhar in Pench.
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_5566.jpg

Roller Birds
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_5725.jpg

A tigress carrying a half eaten kill, Bandhavgarh (one more photo of that memorable sighting)
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_6546.jpg

Changeable Hawk Eagle, Bandhavgarh.
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_5758.jpg

Light and shadow, late afternoon,Kanha. The Barasinghas are looking at a potential tiger (Cheetal alarm calls were happening that time).
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_7098.jpg

Serpent Eagle
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_6591.jpg

A monster Gaur
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_7117.jpg

Brown Fish Owl
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_7204.jpg
Old 29th January 2013, 12:24   #118
BHPian

[FONT=Credit Suisse Type Light]Phenomenal pics and and inspiring trips nilanjan! I just took delivery of my fortuner 4*4 (Metallic Blue) a couple of weeks back, and I wanted to thank you, Gguderian, Dkaile, and Manuuj profusely for the awesome and detailed reviews, which helped me decide on going for a fortuner. Am just loving the ride, and it is all and more than what you guys have described.[/FONT]

[FONT=Credit Suisse Type Light]P.S. – Rated this thread a well deserved “5 stars”![/FONT]
venkat_iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 14:12   #119
BHPian

Nilanjan - mind-blowing! You just took me through a crash tour of Bandhavgarh, Pench and Kanha. Stunning photographs and riveting narration - all the 3 places came alive in the last 8 pages of post! I have to plan this stretch soon. Will bug you for more details!

Cheers!

- Siju
soul-on-4wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 23:32   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat_iyer View Post
[FONT=Credit Suisse Type Light]Phenomenal pics and and inspiring trips nilanjan! I just took delivery of my fortuner 4*4 (Metallic Blue) a couple of weeks back, and I wanted to thank you, Gguderian, Dkaile, and Manuuj profusely for the awesome and detailed reviews, which helped me decide on going for a fortuner. Am just loving the ride, and it is all and more than what you guys have described.[/FONT]

[FONT=Credit Suisse Type Light]P.S. – Rated this thread a well deserved “5 stars”![/FONT]
Thanks. And welcome to the Fortuner family! Good that you went for the 4x4 - the only version worth buying imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul-on-4wheels View Post
Nilanjan - mind-blowing! You just took me through a crash tour of Bandhavgarh, Pench and Kanha. Stunning photographs and riveting narration - all the 3 places came alive in the last 8 pages of post! I have to plan this stretch soon. Will bug you for more details!

Cheers!

- Siju
Thanks. Glad you liked the travelogue. PM me if you need any inputs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks