Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Pune to Coorg (My Eden); Coorg to Pune in a Gypsy - Travelogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Wow a long road trip in a Gypsy King! I am sure you get asked this a lot, but just curious to know, What mileage did you get from the Gypsy on this trip? Also what speed do u maintain on highways? I am assuming yours is a Gypsy King MPFI?
if the question was intended for me, than the answer is, I did it Innova, I don't have a gypsy

once I did a Pune-Lonavala-Pune in a Gypsy and had a backpain for 3 days, Gypsy is not my cup of tea
Anupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 02:11   #17

Re: Pune 2 Coorg (My Eden); Coorg 2 Pune in a Gypsy - Travelogue

Am planning Pune - Coorg - Pune in Oct / Nov and since you have done the route fairly recently, am curious to know what route did you follow from Coorg to Pune (basically, how did you get back to AH47 from Coorg) and how was the road condition?
Old 23rd June 2016, 08:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSr View Post
Am planning Pune - Coorg - Pune in Oct / Nov and since you have done the route fairly recently, am curious to know what route did you follow from Coorg to Pune (basically, how did you get back to AH47 from Coorg) and how was the road condition?
I may not be able to give you the best answer here, while i was told that i should Come back via Mysore as well, but i started from Madikeri at 5pm and wanted to stop over at Haveri, hence decided to follow the google map for the shortest route

I took a left turn after Kushal Nagar and after that I was mostly on inner state higways, cutting across series of other state highways and towns

These roads were completely deserted and not so good rood, in case of any situation it would had been tough for me to find a solution

I recommend you to check with HVK forum for the best route back
Anupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 21:01   #19
BHPian

Sharing a video of the elephants in the Tata coffee plantation at Coorg

[url]

Last edited by Anupam : 28th June 2016 at 21:02.
Old 2nd December 2017, 02:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Wow a long road trip in a Gypsy King! I am sure you get asked this a lot, but just curious to know, What mileage did you get from the Gypsy on this trip? Also what speed do u maintain on highways? I am assuming yours is a Gypsy King MPFI?
Been off bhp forum since a long time.. The time I did these trips mine was the 1.3 carb and I remember getting 13 km/L on the way.. really dint care much on that .. It was the the DRIVE that mattered
The constant speed that we could maintain was 70'son the Highways, but on the state roads it was not more than 40-50's

I know I'm too late on the answers .. hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSr View Post
Did you end up visiting Coorg?

Last edited by Twinn : 2nd December 2017 at 02:42.
Twinn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 10:32   #21
BHPian

We are planning to visit Coorg (Virajpet) in second week of May.

I will appreciate Tips from fellow BHPians on which route we should take and dos and don'ts.

Google is showing Davangere - Shivamonga - Hassan route bypassing Madikere. Is road good and safe after Davangere?
Old 30th July 2019, 15:02   #22

Planned to drive from Pune to Madikeri via Davangere-Channagiri-Birur-Banavara-Hassan. Have any fellow BHPians used this route and have update on road condition between Davanagere to Hassan? Thanks for responses in advance
Old 17th February 2023, 11:02   #23

Pune to Coorg & Wayanad

Hello

We want to take a road trip to Coorg & Wayanad from Pune next week. I will be travelling with my 85 year old mother so not planning much of sightseeing etc. The intention is to enjoy the scenery along the road or road side halts without much of walking. As usual I have divided the trip in two parts the transit and the tour.

I would like suggestions / help for deciding a circular route in the Coorg & Wayanad region for about 4 days (a bit flexible say 3 to 5 days).

For transit from Pune to Coorg / Madikeri I am thinking of a halt at Davangere and Belgavi or Kolhapur on return journey, any alternate suggestions even this are most welcome.

It is a last minute plan, so no stays are booked, will be doing that once the route plan is in place.

Thanks for the help
Sanjay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks