Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 11:26   #1816
BHPian

Re: HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)

Sach pass is added to my list yet to be visited places in the Himalayan region. The others being - Zanskar-Padum and Interiors of Changthang.

And am sure the entire Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition team will be helping me out with the Routes and Other HELP that will be required.
Old 29th February 2012, 11:31   #1817
Senior - BHPian

Re: HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
OT - Guys our HVKumar and his Scorpio just finished 3L kms and 7 years of companionship and touring in India on 23rd Feb 2012 when he and JeepCaptain were on the way to Desert Storm 2012. CONGRATS HVK!!!
(I am sure it will take him a lot of time to compile the details...till then lets have a small/quick party)
Me too silently join the HVK scorpio celebrations on clocking of 300KKms. Fantastic effort HVK. And that too in only Seven years. Would be interesting to know the hours you spent behind the wheel of this scorpio.
Expecting a detailed vehicle maintenance log on the Seven year's glitches.
Wishing you many more smiling miles.

Last edited by rajeev k : 29th February 2012 at 11:52.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 13:39   #1818
BHPian

Congrats to HVK and his Scorpio on completion of 3Lakh Kms on road (and a few off road too!!!)

Salute to HVK the king of Indian Roads.

Sirji there is lot to learn from you, and I will keep on doing it.
pushkark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 14:40   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
OT - Guys our HVKumar and his Scorpio just finished 3L kms and 7 years of companionship and touring in India on 23rd Feb 2012 when he and JeepCaptain were on the way to Desert Storm 2012. CONGRATS HVK!!!

Attachment 894414

Attachment 894412

Attachment 894415

Attachment 894419

I am sure we all know that ....apart from the IPHE2011 there is a loooonnngg list of destinations to which he has driven his Scorpio. (I am sure it will take him a lot of time to compile the details...till then lets have a small/quick party)

Attachment 894420

Attachment 894410

Attachment 894411

Attachment 894413

Nice little tribute there KSM. HVK Sir deserves every bit of it and more. Many Congratulations Sir and i wish those miles never stop coming.

Cant wait to reach next leg. Heart pounds heavy everytime i think of Sach.
doctorque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 05:17   #1820
BHPian

HVK, Congrats on 300K!!!
kesri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 10:51   #1821
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on achieving the 300K mark Kumar Sir. Guess both of you are legends/sources of inspiration for travellers. Wishing you many more miles of happiness with her.
Any reason why the sach pass was chosen against all odds? (in the sense was it meant for only exploration or does it lessen distance by any means?)
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 10:55   #1822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Any reason why the sach pass was chosen against all odds? (in the sense was it meant for only exploration or does it lessen distance by any means?)

Various reasons -

1. It was extremely challenging
2. None of us had ever been there and also we had done the other entry and exit points in the past, so why not do something new when the option is available.
3. Coincidentally it is a shorter route also (though that was not the criteria)
KSM-Vtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 11:10   #1823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Various reasons -
Awaiting further inputs to see how the swift coped up with the demanding conditions...
Old 1st March 2012, 15:54   #1824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Awaiting further inputs to see how the swift coped up with the demanding conditions...
I am surprised! That after the brief description of the horrors at Sach Pass you are still hopeful of the Swifts making it to the other side!

Lets see how far the Swifts actually make it!

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 1st March 2012 at 15:56.
Old 1st March 2012, 16:01   #1825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am surprised! That after the brief description of the horrors at Sach Pass you are still hopeful of the Swifts making it to the other side!

Well Kaushik,
It has been 33 years of my existence on this planet and still never made an opportunity to visit leh/ladakh. Have firmed up my plans to make it this year with the mentality of 'come what may'. Since I own a swift want to ensure that I get a proper hang off the environment.
Yes Kumar Sir has already given me a map and general instructions, however the plan is still in nascent stages. Hopefully this weekend should be able to add some more meat to it

Last edited by ku69rd : 1st March 2012 at 16:07.
Old 1st March 2012, 16:02   #1826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

KSM too much suspense will surely kill the cat Lets read further to see what happened, you can it pen it down if others are busy.

Quote:
Well Kaushik,
It has been 33 years of my existence on this planet and still never made an opportunity to visit leh/ladakh. Have firmed up my plans to make it this year with the mentality of 'come what may'. Since I own a swift want to ensure that I get a proper hang off the environment.
Yes Kumar Sir has already given me a map and general instructions, however the plan is still in nascent stages. Hopefully this weekend should be able to make some plans
When is your plans to visit Leh this year? Nothing special I am also thinking of cooking up something.

Last edited by motomaverick : 1st March 2012 at 16:04.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 16:36   #1827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
When is your plans to visit Leh this year? Nothing special I am also thinking of cooking up something.
Ahh smelt it by your first part of the sentence. Tentative plan is to start from 22nd Sept and wind up by 10th Oct. Have factored in 4 days of buffer considering the fact that we would be doing this at the fag end of tourist season and prospects of snow.
What are your plans though? You by car or motorcycle?
Old 1st March 2012, 16:39   #1828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ahh smelt it by your first part of the sentence. Tentative plan is to start from 22nd Sept and wind up by 10th Oct. Have factored in 4 days of buffer considering the fact that we would be doing this at the fag end of tourist season and prospects of snow.
What are your plans though? You by car or motorcycle?
Its car, but not sure Manza or some Jeep, mine is even more nacent than your plans, but if we have a HumbLeh'd III then it would be a jackpot
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 17:02   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Its car, but not sure Manza or some Jeep, mine is even more nacent than your plans, but if we have a HumbLeh'd III then it would be a jackpot
Dear motomaverick, HumbLeh'd III is very much in the pipeline. Plans are there. Nothing finalized, nor the team!!

Only difference I can think of is .. It will not be Indo Polish Expedition, But could be a Indo Turkish, Indo Egyptian or even Indo Brazilian Himalayan Expedition.

Watch this space or my FB page Shibu Varghese | Facebook for updates.
JeepCaptain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 17:57   #1830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
KSM too much suspense will surely kill the cat Lets read further to see what happened, you can it pen it down if others are busy.
Agree with you! We will post very soon.

As you guys know, we are compiling all the comments and putting it up as one post. So coordinating on email and then sequencing and formatting it is taking a little time.

Quote:
Well Kaushik,
Yes Kumar Sir has already given me a map and general instructions, however the plan is still in nascent stages. Hopefully this weekend should be able to add some more meat to it
Thats Nice! Dont worry, the Swift can do Ladakh if driven well and with care. Also traveling in a group helps the SUV's also.

It was only Sach Pass which .....

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 1st March 2012 at 17:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks