Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2011, 23:42   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)

Can you spot the 9 team-bhpians in this photo?

Last edited by hvkumar : 8th November 2011 at 23:43.
Old 9th November 2011, 01:07   #902
BHPian

Re: HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)

Day 12
Jeep Captain's PhotoLogue
Aug 23, Kargil-Padum, 248 kms

Another Video. Glacier views.

After driving for 6+ hours HVK found a nice stream crossing the road before Rangdum. And we decided to a take a break there. A well deserved break.

Old 9th November 2011, 03:49   #903
BHPian

Day 12

Lunch Break at Rangdum

Bolero Water Crossings combined videos.

Old 9th November 2011, 04:19   #904
BHPian

Day 12

After a good rest and lunch from Rangdum we moved on again.

Deluxe Camp Tents

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang01.jpg

Only accommodation available in this part of Zanskar valley.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang02.jpg

We are climbing

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang03.jpg

The road behind us

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang04.jpg

We are still climbing.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang05.jpg

Spot some more Marmots.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang06.jpg

Another Glacier

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang07.jpg

Statso Langtso Lake

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang08.jpg

Statso Langtso Lake

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang09.jpg

Watch tower for Tourists

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang10.jpg

JC Waiting for the cameramen to finish clicking.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang11.jpg

Penzila Pass

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang12.jpg

TS @ PENZILA pass

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang13.jpg

Discovery Bolero at Penzila pass

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang14.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang15.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang16.jpg

TS, JC & NJ at Penzila

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang17.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang18.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang19.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang20.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang21.jpg

We rarely found any vehicles on this sector for the whole day today. These were tourist Taxis going to Padum

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang22.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang23.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang24.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang25.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang26.jpg

NJ "The budding pro photographer"

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang27.jpg

NJ Posing with the beautiful Glacier in the background.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang28.jpg

Parking at Darang Durang Glacier

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang29.jpg

The Professional in Lalu

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-rangdum-darang-durang30.jpg

Last edited by JeepCaptain : 9th November 2011 at 04:31.
JeepCaptain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 12:30   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Can you spot the 9 team-bhpians in this photo?

HVK Saar,
Let me try, from left to right.
Laluks, Anku, Jeepcaptain, doctorque, HVKumar, Yogen, no_enthu_da (NED), Bol Bolero, ksm-Vtec

Am I correct or did I mix up a couple of handles?
akaush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 12:40   #906
Senior - BHPian

Perfect, akaush,

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_7602.jpg

So the only person missing in this picture is akaush himself, who did not come to Padum, so let me put his photo too separately down here,

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-314961_10150310169159473_746784472_7966818_1155767707_n.jpg
hvkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 13:00   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Day 12

Video of the Bolero Water Crossing in Rangdum
JC, Wonderful Pics and Videos .

But where are the fog lamps now in Bolero, I see you have one lamp in some pics. But that is also missing in the video.

For quite sometime i was wondering why you got only one fog lamp, as you had both in the initial days of the expedition. now both are missing.

did you remove it for any purpose ?
BulZire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 13:21   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
JC, Wonderful Pics and Videos .

But where are the fog lamps now in Bolero, I see you have one lamp in some pics. But that is also missing in the video.

For quite sometime i was wondering why you got only one fog lamp, as you had both in the initial days of the expedition. now both are missing.

did you remove it for any purpose ?
DearBulZire,, Bro Thanks for liking the pics and videos. Regarding the videos I am still learning how to edit them.

About the fog lamps,that was one of the damages to the Bolero during this trip. One foglamp fell off and broke during Sarchu to Leh drive and other one fell off and broke during Kargil Padum drive. That is why you are seeing with two intially. then one and later none.
It was a brand new set which was installed just before this Expedition.

JC
JeepCaptain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 13:39   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
As Lalu said, Kargil is the place to park your car if you do not want to take the Linea to Padum. There are many sections where large stones and rocks are unevenly on the road - and long wheelbase cars like the Linea can take a hit. With lots of skill, you can drive the full sector - like rkbharat did with his SX4 last month - but the problem is staying en route. IF you are slowed down, you will reach Rangdum at best and stay back there - acco is very poor there, although I did see a temporary "deluxe" camp site which I suspect must be fully booked by trekker groups on their way to and fro Padum. The JKTDC at Rangdum may or may not be open, and I think the only place to stay at will be the 3-4 tea stalls.
1. 11000 for the taxi to and fro, traveling as many people? If 8 ppl= 1375?

2. Adventure is one thing and excess is another: Linea will go and I am ready to be the first driver "WHO DUNIT?"

Biggest problem is lack of workshops. If no WShops for Jeeps, what risk is it a new model car, which will sure get some beating, and the terror to be tugged 250 kms, in the worst case?

Again, I can manage the roads, but she cannot 'SWIM' like the Boleros at those culverts...

So, I prefer Boleroing from Kargil.

And best time is September ?
Old 9th November 2011, 13:45   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunney View Post
11,000 ONE WAY, for 250 kms, Sumo or Xylo

You have seen glimpses of the road in our photos and vidoes, no surprises why taxi operators rip you off, such "roads" take a heavy toll on maintenance costs.

Quote:
2. Adventure is one thing and excess is another: Linea will go and I am ready to be the first driver "WHO DUNIT?"
Just do it! Don't worry.

Quote:
Biggest problem is lack of workshops. If no WShops for Jeeps, what risk is it a new model car, which will sure get some beating, and the terror to be tugged 250 kms, in the worst case?
That is a risk you have to take. There is no support for Fiat anywhere in Ladakh region.

Quote:
Again, I can manage the roads, but she cannot 'SWIM' like the Boleros at those culverts...
In Aug-Sep the water crossings are benign and hold no terrors, any car can do it. More than the dept of the water is the unevenness of the boulders under the water - which can hid crevasses (tyres can get stuck) or hit the underbody.

Quote:

Undoubtedly the best time. Any car. Any sector. Any how.
Old 9th November 2011, 13:53   #911
BHPian

And what about Jeep Captain, a Keralite come to Cochin with his DISCOVERY to have a 'face to face commentary' of the tour with us few fellow BHPians ??
Old 9th November 2011, 14:18   #912
BHPian

Quote:

Sunney, You can do it with your Linea. If SX4 can do it, Why not Linea.Only thing you have to do is. Take another friend who has a SUV with you.

Quote:

If you are talking about joining me.. It may not be Boleroing next time. It might be LR Defendering or LR Discoverying!!

Quote:
And what about Jeep Captain, a Keralite come to Cochin with his DISCOVERY to have a 'face to face commentary' of the tour with us few fellow BHPians ??
Sure, That would be wonderful to meet many bhpians in Cochin. Do you all have a regular bhpian meet there.? May be we can plan it when I am there next time.Add me of FB and we can be in touch. Thanks.
Old 9th November 2011, 14:45   #913
BHPian

Quote:

Sunny, Great enthusiasm and the "Just do it" spirit.
Btw before you take a final decision on taking your Linea, I would like you to read completely about the return leg from Padum till Kargil, before taking a decision. I am sure it will be fun talking about you taking a Linea after looking at the pics of the return leg. HVK Sir, I am waiting for the return leg. Jeep Captain, lets finish your photos till Padum fast.
Old 9th November 2011, 20:31   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaush View Post
Sunny, Great enthusiasm and the "Just do it" spirit.
Btw before you take a final decision on taking your Linea, I would like you to read completely about the return leg from Padum till Kargil, before taking a decision. I am sure it will be fun talking about you taking a Linea after looking at the pics of the return leg. HVK Sir, I am waiting for the return leg. Jeep Captain, lets finish your photos till Padum fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Sunney, You can do it with your Linea. If SX4 can do it, Why not Linea.Only thing you have to do is. Take another friend who has a SUV with you.
Akush, I understand your caution.
I am experienced abt 15 years as a driver, 1000kms. single sittings is no problem. But an overly worried drive kill the joy of it. A long wheelbased low GC car on this road limit the drive-comfort to an endurance test of the car, and kill the joy of the driver. A Bolero/ Jeep is a diff. vehicle, which is made for such roads.
May be thats why JC advised to take an SUV-friend with...

Finally it depends on the then-time road condition.
Old 9th November 2011, 20:35   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Akush, I understand your caution.
I am experienced abt 15 years as a driver, 1000kms. single sittings is no problem. But an overly worried drive kill the joy of it. A long wheelbased low GC car on this road limit the drive-comfort to an endurance test of the car, and kill the joy of the driver. A Bolero/ Jeep is a diff. vehicle, which is made for such roads.
May be thats why JC advised to take an SUV-friend with...

Finally it depends on the then-time road condition.
Hey Sunney,
No I am not kidding, just wait for the return photos. I don't want to unravel the surprise. Just let HVK complete the return journey pics till Kargil and you will know why I use term caution on this particular stretch (SUV or something else). You will also understand why JC is suggesting you to take a SUV friend with you. Right Jeepcaptain?

I know issues with low GC cars. I own a Honda City and at all speed breakers I keep calculating if it will scratch the belly or not.

Last edited by akaush : 9th November 2011 at 20:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks