Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 19:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: No Heaven Without Hell - Sierra Mountains, CA

Nice!

I flew from ohio to vegas to see the west in summer, you should do it sometime . I has earlier planned to go thru death valley, but changed it to this route.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post2402443 (Wild west: Vegas, canyons, arches, salt flats, lake tahe, San francisco and more.)
vivekiny2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 21:43   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
Please stop this atyachaar. I cannot see such pictures sitting at home. I am sorry. I am glad that you shared these pictures.
Glad you enjoyed it, akbaree. It truly is an amazing place, especially in the Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
These pictures have left me speechless and , you wifes smile says it all. She is happy and so are we . Am speechless looking at the pics and that car is total drool maal .

Wish there were more pics , please say you have more , we'd all like to see more .
Yup, wife very happy. Amazing how your worldly troubles just vanish in the face of such beauty. I have some more pics but didn't want the whole thing to look repetitive. I can post them if you guys really want me to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Some really amazing pictures of the nature VLOCT!

But pictures are too bright so may be you can do some PP and increase sharpness.

Also in the first set of pictures, I see that people are driving with headlights on during day time. Any particular reason.

Cheers
Thanks MileCruncher. Coming from you, I'll take it as a great compliment of the pictures. The shots from inside the car was taken by my wife and the compliments truly belong to her. I'll have to experiment with some processing to make them look better. We're amateurs in photography and like everything else, you need to spend serious time if you want to become good. You only have so many hours a day!!

All cars now come with an Auto setting for the headlights and most people just leave it on that setting. This causes the headlights to turn on and off depending on outside light. Daylight driving lights are pretty standard now. There are roads where no matter what, daylight driving lights are compulsory. They're also compulsory for motorcycles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Whoa, the golden vistas complement the yellow Porsche so well! To me, a drive to the Sierras is always exciting and with great views. Keep 'em coming mate.
The car is actually Pontiac Solstice GXP, not Solstice, which is a pretty mediocre car. The GXP is a completely different car and GM only made limited numbers, less than 3000 I believe, before they shutdown the Pontiac brand. It truly is an amazing car with fantastic build quality and awesome power. Its been cleaning up in the Sports Car racing circuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
The second and third set of pictures are truly amazing.

Keep the rest coming.
Thanks. Like I said before, I will post more if you guys really want me to. Just didn't want to look repetitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I want that Car!!
Perfect yellow car to drive on those roads. It must have been on the twisties and then to whoosh past those yellow trees.
The last set of pics are absolutely astounding.
Can we have the car's interior pics as well please.
Thanks Fordmanchau. It truly was an amazing drive. I'll post the car interior if you think that's appropriate in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Nice!

I flew from ohio to vegas to see the west in summer, you should do it sometime . I has earlier planned to go thru death valley, but changed it to this route.
Thanks vivek. This was just a two day trip. We got plenty of time to do the places you showed, in piecemeal.
Old 21st October 2011, 00:49   #18
BHPian

Amazing place and beautiful pics VLOCT , rightly titled heaven it is
Your log has got me tempted to go there now.

OT: Do your ride a motorcycle too?
kraft.wagen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 12:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pictures and log, Vloct. Just loved it! Your car is awesome!

Rating this thread 5 stars for the wonderful pics you captured!
Chevy_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 12:33   #20
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful pictures VLOCT! Rating a well deserved 5 stars for the landscapes and making my day

Have to say you have a knack of the getting the best of everything, machines included :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post

OT: Do your ride a motorcycle too?
Bro! He's got a Ducati 999.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-666-pics.html

Last edited by JVH : 21st October 2011 at 12:34.
JVH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 12:50   #21
Team-BHP Support

Wow it must be hard keeping your eyes on that beautiful stretch of tarmac as you drive along, when you have such gorgeous trees that flank that lovely ribbon of tarmac and those snow-capped peaks peppering the horizon in the distance. Wonderful!

Sierra Nevada is one of the best driving roads in the US and your pictures prove it once again. Not only are you treated to wonderful roads, the Mountains makes for a fantastic views. Scenic and picturesque!

You've taken the perfect car for your drive. A two-seater Solstice with a great view!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st October 2011 at 12:54.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 14:11   #22
BHPian

Really beautiful pics. Had me spellbound and even I had my jaw drop for most of the pics. Thank you so much for sharing! The beautiful ride complements the golden shaded mountains of the Aspens Need to make a visit to the US just for things like these
rdna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 16:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

I re-iterate my point. Dont be so humble! The pics are awe inspiring. Makes one want to drive on that stretch right away.

I agree with Fordmanchau. I want that car! Please post more details if you have any. Of the journey and the car.
Old 21st October 2011, 18:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Excellent pictures and log, Vloct. Just loved it! Your car is awesome!

Rating this thread 5 stars for the wonderful pics you captured!
Thanks a lot Chevy. From a seasoned travelogue(r) like you, it means a lot. We're nowhere near proficient in photography as you both are, though. Luckily, the amazing camera makes up for it. I'm gonna post some pics after adjusting the exposure of some photos as MileCruncher suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Beautiful pictures VLOCT! Rating a well deserved 5 stars for the landscapes and making my day

Have to say you have a knack of the getting the best of everything, machines included :-)

Thanks a lot JVH. What can I say. The man upstairs has shown kindness to me. That, and only that, is the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Wow it must be hard keeping your eyes on that beautiful stretch of tarmac as you drive along, when you have such gorgeous trees that flank that lovely ribbon of tarmac and those snow-capped peaks peppering the horizon in the distance. Wonderful!

Sierra Nevada is one of the best driving roads in the US and your pictures prove it once again. Not only are you treated to wonderful roads, the Mountains makes for a fantastic views. Scenic and picturesque!

You've taken the perfect car for your drive. A two-seater Solstice with a great view!
Yes, a pleasurable difficulty it is. We made a lot of stops when the distraction became too much. You're absolutely right about the car. The Solstice GXP is simply an underrated car. Excellent build quality, balance and fantastic power and comes with all the bells and whistles as standard options. Its a completely different car from the regular Solstice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
Really beautiful pics. Had me spellbound and even I had my jaw drop for most of the pics. Thank you so much for sharing! The beautiful ride complements the golden shaded mountains of the Aspens Need to make a visit to the US just for things like these
Thanks a lot rdna for your appreciation. I'll be posting some pics later. It truly is an incredible place and nothing beats Fall for the colors.
Old 21st October 2011, 18:48   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post

Yes, a pleasurable difficulty it is. We made a lot of stops when the distraction became too much. You're absolutely right about the car. The Solstice GXP is simply an underrated car. Excellent build quality, balance and fantastic power and comes with all the bells and whistles as standard options. Its a completely different car from the regular Solstice.
But you know, I get the feeling that your '71 Porsche 911T would have been better. Actually, it would have been my choice, for these roads. Nothing can replace that wonderful 6-Pack rumble behind your ears. Plus, the 911 would have looked better than the Pontiac in sepia images!
Old 21st October 2011, 22:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Thanks vivek. This was just a two day trip. We got plenty of time to do the places you showed, in piecemeal.
Envious!

It's a different world altogether if you are going from east/mid west.
Old 21st October 2011, 23:26   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post

Yep saw it late yesterday... Now i'm heading to vegas soon.. what say VLOCT
Old 22nd October 2011, 07:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

VLOCT, the snaps are too good to be commented on, out of the world should say. Nature at its best, hope you get some time off to do the antelope & grand Canyons and give us a visual treat.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 08:02   #29
Team-BHP Support

Whoa! What a helluva of a drive!

The place looks heavenly; can imagine the fun you had being there and driving to and fro.

That's the thing with Americans, every little place they have, they'll maintain and advertise so pompously, you'll enjoy it even more!

The pictures are amazing and so is the ride. The pics reminded me of this track in some of the NFS games!

Overall, a fantastic TL!
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 09:17   #30
BHPian

Wow

Those pics are amazing, thanks for sharing. Nice TL, keep rolling.
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks