Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2011, 19:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains

Beautiful photos KarthikK. Your T-Jet looks grand.

Great shot of the winding roads to the Mattupetty dam. Please post more if you have.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 21:36   #32
BHPian

Wonderful Pics and log Karthik. The HDR effect really makes the T-jet look special. And knowing how well you maintain it, I am sure it looks even better in flesh.
Your T-jet is finally run-in and that is reason enough to have another B'lore meet and drive I think!
Old 7th December 2011, 23:30   #33
BHPian

This thread just made my day. Great pics and great travelogue. Munnar is truly awesome.
Old 7th December 2011, 23:42   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Stunning T-Log man! Rated 5 stars. This was a visual treat. I don't think I have come across any other thread so lavish with the ride pics!! And some of the nature pics and bl**dy AWESOME !! Thank you for such a beautiful thread - brought back my memories of a 2008 Jan trip to Munnar.
Old 8th December 2011, 10:11   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Wow! Enjoyed reading or should I say savoring the photo-logue. Most of the snaps are desktop wallpaper material. A snap of the car with hills in the background looks classy. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot! Glad you enjoyed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
awesome photography. I love the water blurring effect. Have you used the polarizer filter get the blue effect
thanks! Do you mean the blue effect of the sky on the second day evening? I used a graduated ND filter and took 3 exposures, fused them later into a HDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Beautiful photos KarthikK. Your T-Jet looks grand.

Great shot of the winding roads to the Mattupetty dam. Please post more if you have.
Thanks. I'll try to post some more pics of the winding roads tonight. There must be another 3-4 of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Wonderful Pics and log Karthik. The HDR effect really makes the T-jet look special. And knowing how well you maintain it, I am sure it looks even better in flesh.
Your T-jet is finally run-in and that is reason enough to have another B'lore meet and drive I think!
thanks man! lets do another drive/meet then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
This thread just made my day. Great pics and great travelogue. Munnar is truly awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Stunning T-Log man! Rated 5 stars. This was a visual treat. I don't think I have come across any other thread so lavish with the ride pics!! And some of the nature pics and bl**dy AWESOME !! Thank you for such a beautiful thread - brought back my memories of a 2008 Jan trip to Munnar.
Thanks a lot! It is a truly beautiful place, one of the best drives I have done till date.
Old 8th December 2011, 12:44   #36
BHPian

Hey Karthik,

Great T-Log man !! Absolutely lovely photos and the car rocks buddy. Brought back memories of my trip to Munnar exactly a year back.

Had passed thro' Pallivasal and had seen the board also. Never thought this resort would be so beautiful.

More photos please!! They will be making more justice to the already 5 star rated T-log. Thanx.
Old 8th December 2011, 13:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

Some wonderful pics there and that's a lovely jet that you got there. Congrats!

Can you please post more photos?

Rated 5 stars.
Old 8th December 2011, 16:50   #38
BHPian

Wow! I mean just wow! Excellent write up and stunning photography, Karthik.
Seriously, your photographs and description of the Jet make me want to go and buy one right now.
And what a lovely place Munnar is. Gotta visit there some day.
Old 8th December 2011, 18:34   #39
BHPian

Wow Kartihkk, Great Travelogue. The amount of effort you've put in to draft and organize the pics is definitely showing up. Thanks a lot for sharing the same.

I must admit and say these are the best Pics that Ive seen of any Linea firstly and secondly that of Munnar! You have an amazing eye!

Especially loved the Roads clicks and Linea snaps. and boy your car IS SE*Y - side shots are priceless.

, if I may mods:

Karthikk, please can you let me know (PM is fine) the kind of editing you did for the blue sky pics (software used and general tips) and also have you used any Filters to create the milky effect on waterfall snaps? I am guessing you have used Tripod too there?
Old 8th December 2011, 20:35   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
Hey Karthik,

Great T-Log man !! Absolutely lovely photos and the car rocks buddy. Brought back memories of my trip to Munnar exactly a year back.

Had passed thro' Pallivasal and had seen the board also. Never thought this resort would be so beautiful.

More photos please!! They will be making more justice to the already 5 star rated T-log. Thanx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Some wonderful pics there and that's a lovely jet that you got there. Congrats!

Can you please post more photos?

Rated 5 stars.
Thanks a lot! More photos on the way, second batch of photos will be uploaded tonight. Hope they don't get too repetitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Wow! I mean just wow! Excellent write up and stunning photography, Karthik.
Seriously, your photographs and description of the Jet make me want to go and buy one right now.
And what a lovely place Munnar is. Gotta visit there some day.
Thanks a lot! Glad you enjoyed it! Munnar is a fantastic place, do plan a visit some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofdriving View Post
Wow Kartihkk, Great Travelogue. The amount of effort you've put in to draft and organize the pics is definitely showing up. Thanks a lot for sharing the same.

I must admit and say these are the best Pics that Ive seen of any Linea firstly and secondly that of Munnar! You have an amazing eye!

Especially loved the Roads clicks and Linea snaps. and boy your car IS SE*Y - side shots are priceless.

, if I may mods:

Karthikk, please can you let me know (PM is fine) the kind of editing you did for the blue sky pics (software used and general tips) and also have you used any Filters to create the milky effect on waterfall snaps? I am guessing you have used Tripod too there?
Thanks @spiritofdriving! Glad you liked them.

I don't think PM facility is available for newbies so I will post it right here.
Some of the pictures are HDRs. You can make out some pictures have well defined skies AND surroundings. I take 3 exposures and fuse them into HDRs using Photomatix pro.

- For the blue sky, I used a graduated ND filter to get the blue effect and took 3 exposures as well (into HDR). That gives the high contrasting shades of blue and green.

- For the waterfall snaps, no filters were used. I just set the shutter speed to a low speed of 1/5th of a second. That was enough to produce the motion effect of the flowing water.

- I had carried the tripod for this trip but I used it only to take a family picture once or twice. All these uploaded snaps were managed by handheld method, thanks to the 10-24mm wide angle lens. Wish I had carried the tripod to the waterfalls. Probably I could have gone at an even slower shutter speed and got more blur effect

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th December 2011 at 03:01. Reason: Corrected typo as per request.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 21:08   #41
BHPian

Wonderful Travelogue Karthik, your JET looks awsome with Green Tea estates at the back ground.
Hope you would had crossed Dharapuram in both onward and return journey. Thats my native and i was there during your ride. hope we would had had a short meet there if i would had known about your plan earlier.

may be next time .

The same day i was planning a ride to kodai in my Multi-Jet, but plan cancelled at the last minute .
BulZire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 21:30   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Thanks @spiritofdriving! Glad you liked them. I don't think PM facilities is available for newbies so I will post it right here.
Some of the pictures are HDRs. You can make out some pictures have well defined skies AND surroundings. I take 3 exposures and fuse them into HDRs using Photomatix pro.
- For the blue sky, I used a graduated ND filter to get the blue effect and took 3 exposures as well (into HDR). That gives the high contrasting shades of blue and green.
- For the waterfall snaps, no filters were used. I just set the shutter speed to a low speed of 1/5th of a second. That was enough to produce the motion effect of the flowing water.
- I had carried the tripod for this trip but I used it only to take a family picture once or twice. All these uploaded snaps were managed by handheld method, thanks to the 10-24mm wide angle lens. Wish I had carried the tripod to the waterfalls. Probably I could have gone at an even slower shutter speed and got more blur effect
I have an amateurish interesting in Photography but never got myself to download/buy and use a Pro editing tool - I am now thinking that maybe I should; with the results I see here. I have a Canon 550D with stock lens. Planning a Telephoto lens but have to save up a bit more.

You must be having a very steady hand to get snaps at that shutter speed without shakes - Waterfall snaps!

Anyways, not hijacking the post to a photography discussion. Thanks again for the details. I shall try Photomatrix. Cheers.
spiritofdriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 22:55   #43
Team-BHP Support

Here's an update to the travelogue -
I managed to dig out some more snaps to add to the travelogue, as requested by some members. I had overlooked these as part of the initial filtering. Pardon me if some sights are repetitive.

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0054.jpg

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0091.jpg

Rain drenched roads inside the estate
The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0134.jpg

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0186_7_8_tonemapped.jpg

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0194.jpg

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0203.jpg

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0262.jpg

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0267.jpg

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0331.jpg

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0351.jpg

Athukkad falls - a wider perspective
The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0363.jpg

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0387.jpg

Matupetty dam - one of the gates opening up
The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0424.jpg

Silken roads all the way to Top station
The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0439.jpg

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0472.jpg

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0538.jpg

Jets cannot takeoff on foggy days due to low visibility
The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0557.jpg

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0333.jpg

A serene lake near Echo point

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0451.jpg

These 3 snaps were taken at Top Station / on the route to Top station.

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0477.jpg

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0479.jpg

The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains-dsc_0480.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Wonderful Travelogue Karthik, your JET looks awsome with Green Tea estates at the back ground.
Hope you would had crossed Dharapuram in both onward and return journey. Thats my native and i was there during your ride. hope we would had had a short meet there if i would had known about your plan earlier.

may be next time .

The same day i was planning a ride to kodai in my Multi-Jet, but plan cancelled at the last minute .
Long time no see, BulZire! I didn't know your native town was on route, else I would have definitely tried to meet you on the way. I might be coming that way again if I decide to drive down to Valparai one of these weekends. I'll try to catch up there if you are at your native place at the same time.

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th December 2011 at 23:07.
KarthikK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 23:16   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Jetflies to Munnar: A 1000km blast to god's own mountains

Your T-Jet looks awesome! the pics too! and a nice write-up.
My next trip would be to Munnar.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 09:15   #45
BHPian

Good clean writeup Karthikk. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing.

How come you didn't include any pictures of the fireworks? It's one of the favorite events photographers like to take, and it sure would be interesting to see how the fireworks looked in a hill station.
w0lf is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright Đ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks