Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2011, 14:34   #31
BHPian

Re: Fauji's Drivologues - Unwinding in wonderful Wayanad over the weekend!

@fauji: I have finally booked into a duplex villa at Crescent Residency in Sultan Bathery. Banasura quoted for 46k for 4 room nights, for Earth Rooms.

My brother has some exam till 2:30 pm in Bangalore and we'll start afterwards. PLanning to take Nanjangud -> Bandipur -> S.Bathery route. But if I leave BLR by 2:30 pm, can I get into the forest before 9:00 pm? Is it also safe drive after dusk?

BH.
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:01   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
@fauji: I have finally booked into a duplex villa at Crescent Residency in Sultan Bathery. Banasura quoted for 46k for 4 room nights, for Earth Rooms.

My brother has some exam till 2:30 pm in Bangalore and we'll start afterwards. PLanning to take Nanjangud -> Bandipur -> S.Bathery route. But if I leave BLR by 2:30 pm, can I get into the forest before 9:00 pm? Is it also safe drive after dusk?

BH.
BH, do let us know how the trip and the stay turns out? How much are Crescent charging you?
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post

BH.
Well done. Banasura is not worth it at that kind of money. They are fleecing customers. You can definitely get into the forest before 9 PM if you leave at 2.30. I would advise you to take the route i took which will not have traffic. If you are not comfortable on this route, go via Mysore road and since you are driving in the afternoon, it will be fatser.

Last edited by Fauji : 22nd December 2011 at 15:52.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 21:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolphie View Post
BH, do let us know how the trip and the stay turns out? How much are Crescent charging you?
Sure, will do. I am anxious too, because there is very little being written about it, online. I think I am the first t-bhpian to stay there.

I got it for Rs. 15600 for 2 nights, with breakfast + lunch or dinner. Seems like a decent price for a 2 bedroom duplex villa.

BH.
BurningHeart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 08:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Hi Damu,
The route via Kanakapura is scenic, less traffic, less humps, excellent road throughout. The only drwback is you don't have much choice of retaurants. There is a new " Gokul" restaurant in Kanakapura and there is a restaurant in Kollegala. If you want peaceful drive, this is the route.
Hope this helps.
Hello Fauji,

Your advice was absolutely correct! "Peaceful drive" is an exact description!

We spent New Year's at Red Hill Resort near Ooty. While going we took Mysore Road as we had to rendezvous with another group of friends who are from West Bangalore. But returning I told our group that we would take the Kanakapura route as we are in east Bangalore.

Kanakapura Road is way better than Mysore Road! Only at Chamarajnagar and Kollegal we had to ask our way through the town.

Only mistake we made was to enter Bangalore City; we got totally lost trying to find our way through all the Metro diversions and the GPS was of no help.

We should have taken the NICE road and hit Madiwala and thence to Indiranagar.

Thanks again!
Damu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks