Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 21:58   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!

We sat around the calm beach and enjoyed the company of some hawkers and finally wife gave in and bougth that powerful laser torch for Rs.450 and also those demonish horns

Post that we went for a long walk across the entire length of that fabulous beach almost upto Calangute

Some more pictures of that evening :-
Attached Thumbnails
CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0674.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0663.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0675.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0651.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0652.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0686.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0687.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0690.jpg  

Old 5th March 2012, 23:00   #17
BHPian

Excellent travelogue Avi. Specially the route details will help a lot of Hyderabadis as we are very strategically located in India and have to stare at Google Maps for hours to search a good beach with a good road journey.

More reviews on the hotel would be much appreciated.
Old 5th March 2012, 23:38   #18
Team-BHP Support

So you were back in Goa, huh?! I guess after a long hiatus. Goa used to be your trademark Avi.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

And Why sir?, why weren't you not carrying your DSLR with you ?
Love that devilish horns on your head though!!!
Old 6th March 2012, 13:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
So you were back in Goa, huh?! I guess after a long hiatus. Goa used to be your trademark Avi.
If my memory holds good, I guess the route mobike008 used was your 'patented route', what say you?
Old 6th March 2012, 18:12   #21
BHPian

Fantastic writeup Avi. I was there in Goa for the first time for 2010 New Year and have been longing to drive there since then. Something or the other keeps be postponing the plan. Someday for sure. This route looks great.
mashmash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 18:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nice write-up and glued to see some pictures of Goa from your lens.
Within 12 hrs from Hyd-Goa that was a fantastic run.
No doubt it can be a patented route from Hyderabad to Sankeshwar.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 20:54   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
More reviews on the hotel would be much appreciated.
Hotel is situated in a small lane right behind the popular nightclubs Tito and Mambos.

Rooms are nice and clean, hot and cold showers all through and decent service.

Quote:
Yup, Almost 2 years that I have been to goa. Thats why i was itching to go again and finally did it. Now I can remain peaceful for rest of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
And Why sir?, why weren't you not carrying your DSLR with you ?
Love that devilish horns on your head though!!!
I did carry my DSLR with me but, too lazy to carry it along with me wherever i went. Besides, I didnt have the stock lens but, 70-300mm which wouldnt have been too useful in any case.

After the long exhausting drive the evening made us pretty relaxed and we were already feeling the buzz of goa. Due to ongoing elections most of the eating joints were closing up by 11pm which is bad for business in goa.

We trudged along the beach and enroute saw a nice looking restuarant and settled down for some Chicken Tikka Curry and Tandoori Rotis

Feb 23

We got up liesurely and decided to head out around 10am and instead of going to the janta beach of Calangute or Baga, we decided to drive down south towards Benaulim and Colva

Traffic these days between North and South Goa has increased tremendously and due to narrow highway and bumper to bumper traffic, its not a fun drive like it used to be before

We weaved through the Madgaon traffic and finally after some 60kms from Baga Beach reached Benualim Beach which is one of my favorite beaches in goa. Calm, Peaceful and totally serene

We promptly took a sun-bed which is given free if you order something from their shack and spent the next 2 hours staring at the beach and sipping on some fresh mocktails like orange juice and other fruity concoctions along with some delicious mushroom and cheese omlettes
Attached Thumbnails
CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0575.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0569.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0570.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0576.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img2012022300838.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0593.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0595.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0596.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0602.jpg  

Old 7th March 2012, 05:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Excellent Travel Log @mobike008, as you are frequenter to Goa and have seen all seasons you are probably better placed in answering my question. How would Goa be in March or April?

My daughters school group is planning outings to various places for this summer vacations and Goa is one among many in the list? The dates arent frozen and if its not worth it then i would influence them away from Goa to some other better place.
Old 7th March 2012, 08:48   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
How would Goa be in March or April?

My daughters school group is planning outings to various places for this summer vacations and Goa is one among many in the list? The dates arent frozen and if its not worth it then i would influence them away from Goa to some other better place.
TBH, the worst period that you could go to goa is between March-Early June. Its terribly hot, humid and spending long hours at the beach in that weather condition is not advisable for adults forget about kids. But, then since I know kids have their summer vacation so you cannot deny them that pleasure. Just ensure they are hydrated well at all times.

Typically, school exurcisions should be for hill stations like Ooty, Mahableshwar etc. Beats me why goa?

Feb 24th

Next day, we got up early and I asked our hotel guy to arrange for a bike and he gave me 2 options

Honda Activa : Rs. 250/day
Bajaj Avenger : Rs. 400/Day but, offered at Rs.350/day as discount ( Big deal)

My wife wanted to feel like god....So we decided to take the avenger which i rode for the first time.

We asked him to tank up a litre by paying Rs.80/litre ( petrol in black) as speedometer, odometer nor the fuel guage was working. Just wanted to be safe so got her filled up

We rode out and were simply meandering out on streets and were on the Nagoa road and saw the Country Club which had opened a new outlet there ( They have another fantastic property at Anjuna Beach) so we went in for a nice buffet breakfast by the pool

Then we spent the whole day riding around North Goa and visited upto the almost tip of goa which is Arambol then rode down to Vagator then Anjuna.

Some pictures of places that we visited on this day. Btw, the weather was excellent and not too hot. On the bike, there was a light breeze at all times during the day which helped us enjoy our trip and bike ride even more.

P.S: Sorry about the inconsistent quality of the pictures as some are taken from my phone, some with my P&S and some with my DSLR
Attached Thumbnails
CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img2012022400851.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img2012022400850.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img2012022400849.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0581.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0587.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0589.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0691.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0692.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0701.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0696.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0698.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0697.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0703.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0707.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0708.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0718.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0719.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0726.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0731.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0736.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th March 2012 at 08:50.
Old 7th March 2012, 16:34   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If my memory holds good, I guess the route mobike008 used was your 'patented route', what say you?
Your memory is definitely very good This is the route that I always used whenever I visited Goa. Speaking of which, I think I need to do an encore. It's about time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yup, Almost 2 years that I have been to goa. Thats why i was itching to go again and finally did it. Now I can remain peaceful for rest of 2012
How time changes. I remember, earlier it used to be at least twice in a year and you used to have that itch still. Now it is one trip to Goa after 2 years that too at the begining of the year and you will feel peaceful for the rest of the year. tch tch... we all grow old Avi.
Old 11th March 2012, 10:43   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How time changes. I remember, earlier it used to be at least twice in a year and you used to have that itch still. Now it is one trip to Goa after 2 years that too at the begining of the year and you will feel peaceful for the rest of the year. tch tch... we all grow old Avi.
LOL! Let my enemies grow old ( Direct translation of a hindi proverb)

Continuation....

After chilling out at all beaches in North Goa...We decided to just walk around and soak in the atmosphere of party spirit on the Baga stretch.

Wanted to go to Cavala but, they seemed to be closed for some reason.

Here are some more pictures of that day.
Attached Thumbnails
CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0747.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0748.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0752.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0753.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0758.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0640.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0643.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0641.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0644.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0646.jpg  

Old 11th March 2012, 14:59   #28
BANNED

Was in Goa during same time. We might have crossed especially at baga. Though pune is closer to goa compared to Hyd, had to opt for to and fro flight instead of car :-( due to time contraints and kiddo.

Also posted something about goa here..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-careful.html

Last edited by idea : 11th March 2012 at 15:00.
Old 15th March 2012, 21:11   #29
BHPian

Nice Travelogue, The route directions are really useful. This time I tried different route Hyderabad - Ponda & Margao by Bus and Margao - Belgaum by train and Belgaum - Hyderabad again by bus. Rather we met in Goa needless to say I was there in Goa at the same time. This time Margao - Belgaum by train was a memorable journey and that was very nature loving experience in its kind specially Dudhsagar Falls and Kulem. While coming back to Hyderabad came by same route in 8-9 hours
Old 16th March 2012, 10:12   #30
BHPian

Great travelogue mobike, I had been to Goa in Oct last year on Cruze, for ONE full week. We had stayed at Varca beach resort - IMHO most pristine beach. Martin's corner, wood oven pizza @Baga (Moon Star restaurant), Mum's Kitchen, a shack at Palolem.

Memories rekindled, thanks for sharing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks