Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2012, 21:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: From Chaotic Bangalore to Calm Masinagudi

great TL buddy. am planning to visit Masinagudi in early September. will be staying at Club mahindra/zest. any feedback on this place ?
Old 9th August 2012, 21:42   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
great TL buddy. am planning to visit Masinagudi in early September. will be staying at Club mahindra/zest. any feedback on this place ?
I had stayed in this place on my first visit to Masinagudi in 2003. It was then called Casa Deep Woods. It used to be a beautful place with a stream running through the property and hopefully it remains the same. The cottages were neat and nice. We stayed in a room at the end with a Bamboo grove right next to the cottage and the sounds of bamboo could be creepy at night. I think this place is among the better ones in Bokkapuram so you would enjoy I am sure.

Deepak
deepak_misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 10:12   #33
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to drive to masinagudi from bangalore on 30th morning. How is the road condition and which route should I take?

If the road isnt good then i will change plan to chikkamagalur
Old 17th December 2012, 16:03   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
Hi,

I am planning to drive to masinagudi from bangalore on 30th morning. How is the road condition and which route should I take?

If the road isnt good then i will change plan to chikkamagalur
The road condition was good when I went in March. Dont know the condition now. The normal route is Bangalore - Mysore - Gundulpet - Bandipur - Masinagudi. The Bangalore Mysore highway is quite a busy one but has eating joints every few kms. If you want a change you could go Kanakpura - Kollegal - Chamrajnagar - Gundulpet. This road did not have much traffic but did not have any eating places either.

Masinagudi and Chickmagulur are completely different experiences so I would reccomend chosing the place on what you are looking for.
Old 18th December 2012, 10:18   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_misra View Post
The road condition was good when I went in March. Dont know the condition now. The normal route is Bangalore - Mysore - Gundulpet - Bandipur - Masinagudi. The Bangalore Mysore highway is quite a busy one but has eating joints every few kms. If you want a change you could go Kanakpura - Kollegal - Chamrajnagar - Gundulpet. This road did not have much traffic but did not have any eating places either.

Masinagudi and Chickmagulur are completely different experiences so I would reccomend chosing the place on what you are looking for.
Thanks Deepak.

Plan change, we are going to chuckmagalur as my brothers wanted it so. I have never visited masinagudi before but will do next month or so.
Old 13th July 2014, 09:36   #36
BHPian

I dont know the appropriateness of reopening such an old thread but consider this as a public information.

This travelogue started with a tribute to Kenneth Anderson and there seems to be quite some readers of his books among the members.

His son Donald appears in many of his stories and was an integral part of many of the stories. Donald was very close to his father and spent his early life roaming through all the jungles of South India with his father and later until the new forest laws stopped such activities.

What was not well known was that Donald lived in Bangalore and led the life of a recluse for many years.

Donald passed away yesterday morning at the age of 80 and I thought I would share this information for Kenneth Anderson readers among the members.
deepak_misra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks