Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2013, 22:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Keoladeo National Park - Bharatpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
. I am no Guru but I think "monopod" should be a good answer to your requirements.
Yes! Even I thought so too, later on. A monopod would have gotten me more sharper pictures, especially considering that light was dull and the lens was a heavy one. However carefully you press the shutter button, some amount of vertical camera shake does make it's way into the picture when you hand-hold the lens. At the end of 3 days, my left arm muscles were more stronger from picking up and lowering the 1.7kg lens many times during the day!
Old 8th February 2013, 19:43   #17
BHPian

Great work WAGG7!

Reminded me of my trip in Dccember 2010.
We rented a bicycle and a guide and spent just about a couple of hours.

A few of the pics can be seen at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kasi67/...7625668557658/
(Only some are from Keoldeo rest are from Bird park, Kuala Lumpur)

I used a point&shoot (Panny FZ-7) with a long zoom, but the problem was that the lens was slow. With all the winter morning haze and slow lens, one is severely constrained.

I also agree that monopod is a good idea. Add a fast lens (if it is rented it is fantastic, considering that a long focal fast lens could could cost as much as a small car) and it would improve. Shooting in RAW and careful post processing can also help squeeze out more detail. I am sure you know that.

Keep shooting and posting!
SKavuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 00:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

I am not a bird enthusiast, preferring to shoot the big game. But your amazing pictures have made me rethink and Bharatpur has come into my radar. Soon a visit should happen.
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 07:51   #19
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I am not a bird enthusiast, preferring to shoot the big game. But your amazing pictures have made me rethink and Bharatpur has come into my radar. Soon a visit should happen.
WAG7 that's some great shots. Its one of my favourite birding spots. Been visiting there 2-3 times a year. Already 3 visits this year. The best part is one can plan a day trip from Delhi.

GD bhai , its worth visiting like Sariska. Let me know , will join you for the trip.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 14:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
Shooting in RAW and careful post processing can also help squeeze out more detail.
Thanks. I know some post processing, though I am still new to this area. I still have to learn a lot in post processing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
You should definitely go to Bharatpur! It's definitely worth every penny spent. Even a 1 day visit will be enough for getting some fantastic photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
The best part is one can plan a day trip from Delhi.
GD bhai , its worth visiting like Sariska. Let me know , will join you for the trip.
Yes, you said it. The best part is it is possible to do a day trip from Delhi. Have you and GD sir planned a trip to Sariska? Do put in your pics after you return, I would love to see them!
Old 14th February 2013, 14:08   #21
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you said it. The best part is it is possible to do a day trip from Delhi. Have you and GD sir planned a trip to Sariska? Do put in your pics after you return, I would love to see them!
No not yet. I went recently. Will upload some pics on this thread soon.
Old 14th February 2013, 21:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

I went on 10th to Sariska and though had no sighting of the Big Cats, did see some interesting scenes. Will write my travelogue & post pictures soon.

(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...r-cubs-26.html)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post

Have you and GD sir planned a trip to Sariska? Do put in your pics after you return, I would love to see them!
Old 15th February 2013, 07:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Good trip. It's a pity that light condition was really poor for most of the time. The Siberian Crane is incidentally not "extinct". According to IUCN Red List it is "critically endangered" with population trend "decreasing". It is so not because of anything that we have done or not done in India. It is because of some dams that they have created in China. Here is the link to the IUCN Red List page on Siberian Cranes.
http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/106002786/0
However, it is true that they have stopped coming to India.

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 15th February 2013 at 07:34.
Old 15th February 2013, 11:46   #24
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
No not yet. I went recently. Will upload some pics on this thread soon.
I have uploaded photos . The link is

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post3041935
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 16:35   #25
BHPian

Awesome work here, W.A.G 7. These pictures are simply breathtaking. Brilliant stuff. I wanna go there myself!
Old 23rd December 2013, 20:55   #26
BHPian

Please suggest a good route for bharatpur to gurgaon! Got totally bashed from alwar to bharatpur ! So need a saner return route
Old 24th December 2013, 06:41   #27
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Please suggest a good route for bharatpur to gurgaon! Got totally bashed from alwar to bharatpur ! So need a saner return route
Take Bharatpur - Mathura state highway , on entering NH2 take a U turn towards Agra and about 3kms left turn & drive 10 kms to get on to Yamuna exp way.
Old 6th July 2015, 14:12   #28
BHPian

We are planning a short trip to Bharatpur. We intend to leave on Saturday 19th July early morning and start from Bharatpur again on Monday, early morning. I have a few queries:

1) I have decided upon the following route: Ghaziabad, Greater Noida Expressway, Yamuna Expressway, Mathura and then Bharatpur. Is the last stretch of road OK?

2) Is this a good time to go considering it is monsoon (or whatever)? The idea is to experience the sanctuary in monsoon. Just relaxing in the Ashok resort and enjoying the surroundings. Is there a risk of waterlogging en route or in Bharatpur?

3) Nuisances on road, that I should be wary of, like short tempered locals, traffic police harassment (mine's a UP14 plate) and the like?

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 6th July 2015 at 14:19.
Old 6th July 2015, 15:54   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
We are planning a short trip to Bharatpur. We intend to leave on Saturday 19th July early morning and start from Bharatpur again on Monday, early morning. I have a few queries:

1) I have decided upon the following route: Ghaziabad, Greater Noida Expressway, Yamuna Expressway, Mathura and then Bharatpur. Is the last stretch of road OK? Is OK

2) Is this a good time to go considering it is monsoon (or whatever)? The idea is to experience the sanctuary in monsoon. Just relaxing in the Ashok resort and enjoying the surroundings. Is there a risk of waterlogging en route or in Bharatpur? Nice Weather, confirmed

3) Nuisances on road, that I should be wary of, like short tempered locals, traffic police harassment (mine's a UP14 plate) and the like? Nope
Answered in Bold.
Will be there at kadamb kunj myself, friday to sunday.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 20:52   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Answered in Bold.
Will be there at kadamb kunj myself, friday to sunday.
Thanks Mayank! Very useful and precise indeed. I have not yet booked an accommodation, but have shortlisted the Ashok. Will look around though.

Are you following the same route?

Little OT: I am closely following Tuki-san's open heart procedure! Impressive work there!

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 6th July 2015 at 20:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks