Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2015, 21:34   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post

Thanks Mayank! Very useful and precise indeed. I have not yet booked an accommodation, but have shortlisted the Ashok. Will look around though.

Are you following the same route?

Little OT: I am closely following Tuki-san's open heart procedure! Impressive work there!
Yeah, well, I'm taking the family over, so research is necessary. I'm taking the same route, I mean, it's the quickest, albeit the most boring.
Ashok, eh? Check on Agoda, there may be good deals. Although, I think this one, kadamb is a good one, and another one, kiran villa, I think, that's also good.
As for the tooky, she's back, but there's a 1000k of run in, which I'll do in City only.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 11:14   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Keoladeo National Park - Bharatpur

SO, left from Mayur vihar at 7pm, and was on the YEW at about 7:45.
Reached mathura off-ramp at about 945. This was very late in the night, and it was raining on and off, after a heavy downpour.
The roads aren't lit that point on-wards, and rutted in spots. Reached Bharatpur at about 1030, and passed through a town full of decimated streets. I don't know the route, since we were following google navigation, and passed through the heart of the town, and reached an old time fort gate sorts. Sort of like kashmiri, but smaller.
From thereon, we hit the highway(NH11 I think), and the hotel was about a km from the entrance to the park.

I don't have very many pictures of the trip to the park, since 1) Not a good photographer, 2) was there for the experience, and enjoyed the birdies nesting to the max(nice overcast weather throughout), 3) There are umpteen number of pictures by so many good photographers, that its not necessary.
Basically, I didn't have my SLR.

Couple of pointers:
1. Ashoka, in the sanctuary, the rooms are available at half rate till Oct. So, 5k for 2 people, one room, 2 nights. Go!
2. Jhingurs are the prevelant lifeform here(due to the rains), squatters they are. They'll be coming out of all rooms, and will barge in when you throw them out. Gundas.
3. Lizards have been given keys to the rooms by the jhingurs at the bar, and they come in, asking about the dinner.
A can of Hit spray is necessary. Soak up a newspaper liberally and stuff it under the door, or wherever these people are coming in from.

If planning to go there, look up birders inn. Its very decent place to stay, considering the locale. and while there, have the Lal maas, tell him to do it properly. Its melt in your mouth mutton!
I am ABSOLUTELY sure the ashoka will be occupied by even more resolute Sarkari Jhingurs and lizards!

Coming back, circle around the town of bharatpur. The day after we arrived I saw the route we came in through the previous night, while going to lohagarh fort. It was worse than Chandni chowk in wedding season!

Last edited by mayankk : 15th July 2015 at 11:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks