Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2013, 13:43   #31
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Aamchi Mumbai - A photolog of a weekend spent there

Lovely to see ones own town in the eyes of a visitor. We just don't seem to find the time to do stuff like going to the beach early morning - or for that matter any time of the day, or just walking along and admiring the things that are there to see on the streets.

The clarity of the snaps is superb, love them.

Thank you, visit again.
Old 14th March 2013, 14:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
We just don't seem to find the time to do stuff like going to the beach early morning - or for that matter any time of the day, or just walking along and admiring the things that are there to see on the streets.
Yup ,totally agree.. Seeing ashesh's photologue makes me feel i missed out on those things in my 29 years of stay.All i did was get up ,rush to the station to catch the 8.12am fast local to churchgate
Old 14th March 2013, 16:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful.
Felt like , just completed a tour of bombay ( i still call it Bombay) seating @ bangalore itself . Immediately after reading this thread , asked a colleague of mine, who was in Bombay earlier, if he would like to go back to bombay if given a chance, and he answered yes.
Showed him the post and he started explaining me about all the places that you have captured through your lens .
Superb stuff .
Thanks for this thread.
Cheers
Old 14th March 2013, 23:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

Aaha! very beautifull pics sir, you missed clicking a padmini , it is also a symbol of mumbai.

I have been staying in pune since last 2 years and everytime i enter mumbai, the feeling is something else.The intensity,the energy is felt instantly in every scope of life.

Thanks to your photolog, i feel i should go and revisit all those places.

A mumbaikar can survive in most of the cities since he/she is brought up in a very competitive environment.

Last edited by silverado : 14th March 2013 at 23:18.
Old 15th March 2013, 09:10   #35
BHPian

Thanks ACM. That's so true we take so many things for granted.

Thanks Schoudhury. I wish I could have covered more. maybe some other time..

Thanks Silverado. I could not find a padmini on the roads else I would have surely clicked one. Mumbai welcome the visitors in a great way with charm and energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Lovely to see ones own town in the eyes of a visitor. We just don't seem to find the time to do stuff like going to the beach early morning - or for that matter any time of the day, or just walking along and admiring the things that are there to see on the streets.

The clarity of the snaps is superb, love them.

Thank you, visit again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Beautiful.
Felt like , just completed a tour of bombay ( i still call it Bombay) seating @ bangalore itself . Immediately after reading this thread , asked a colleague of mine, who was in Bombay earlier, if he would like to go back to bombay if given a chance, and he answered yes.
Showed him the post and he started explaining me about all the places that you have captured through your lens .
Superb stuff .
Thanks for this thread.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Aaha! very beautifull pics sir, you missed clicking a padmini , it is also a symbol of mumbai.

I have been staying in pune since last 2 years and everytime i enter mumbai, the feeling is something else.The intensity,the energy is felt instantly in every scope of life.

Thanks to your photolog, i feel i should go and revisit all those places.

A mumbaikar can survive in most of the cities since he/she is brought up in a very competitive environment.
Old 16th March 2013, 11:33   #36
BHPian

Bombay. the way we had it. the girl that everybody wants to have, but nobody seems to take care for her. yet, every day it she wakes up her millions and ensures that they have a piece of meal and a roof under the moon. The dreams she offers are unparalled in this country and the crores that flock here for livelihood with dream in their dreary eyes are not disappointed. There are countless of these Bombay dream come true stories around us.

Yet, we disappoint her each day, we spit, we throw crap, we yell, we honk, and yet there she is in one way or the other to help us survive the madness.

I stayed outside Bombay for years and could not do it anymore. Returned home like a fish to Water. Rightly said by GTO, a Bombayite will always find it difficult to settle outside.

Thank you for portraying my girl, the eternal city of Bombay in such a beautiful way.

Regards
Dieseltuned

P.S : she will always be Bombay to me
Old 16th March 2013, 13:55   #37
BHPian

Thanks Dieseltuned. Those are very touching words and I hope every one of us have the same sentiment about our places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Bombay. the way we had it. the girl that everybody wants to have, but nobody seems to take care for her. yet, every day it she wakes up her millions and ensures that they have a piece of meal and a roof under the moon. The dreams she offers are unparalled in this country and the crores that flock here for livelihood with dream in their dreary eyes are not disappointed. There are countless of these Bombay dream come true stories around us.

Yet, we disappoint her each day, we spit, we throw crap, we yell, we honk, and yet there she is in one way or the other to help us survive the madness.

I stayed outside Bombay for years and could not do it anymore. Returned home like a fish to Water. Rightly said by GTO, a Bombayite will always find it difficult to settle outside.

Thank you for portraying my girl, the eternal city of Bombay in such a beautiful way.

Regards
Dieseltuned

P.S : she will always be Bombay to me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks