Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2013, 17:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Bangalore -> Hyderabad on a Suzuki Hayabusa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harish.Krovvidi View Post
Hi Ram you are in my view a "busa legend" I have followed your posts about your experience on desponie. Have drooled at the pictures, untill I got mine.

I would love to join a long ride, we should try for the IBA on the busa something like Kashmir to kayakumari am game anytime. Am currently saving up for a MT01 to do a Len-Ladakh trip on a big bike do let me know your thoughts.
I am a hardcore SuperBiker and do not believe in the Maxim of "Ride on the weekends"
I get out at every possible opportunity to ride Despoine and even use it for my work in the gruelling Mumbai traffic
The sheer grunt of the 1340 engine with the Two Brothers roaring away to glory is enough to charge me up for the day

By the way, Despoine got a RockStar makeover

I would also like to do a Leh ladakh trip
Need to work out the logistics and which bike
lets connect soon

Here is a recent pic of Despoine
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore -> Hyderabad on a Suzuki Hayabusa!-rockstar-despoine.jpg  

pinnacle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 22:39   #17
Team-BHP Support

Hi Harish!

This is magnificent. A truly refreshing thread!

May your and Ram's tribe increase Please do keep sharing whenever you guys tour.

Cheers
Old 20th August 2013, 23:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Does C mode help a bit ? .I have read with C mode , only 1 injector will be in working mode .
The Hayabusa has a Dual Throttle Valve fuel injection system with dual 12-hole, fine-spray injectors per cylinder i.e. primary and secondary fuel injector set-up. A mode both injectors are 100% active, B mode 50% primary and 100% secondary injector and C mode has 100 % secondary injector. As quoted by Suzuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
The sheer grunt of the 1340 engine with the Two Brothers roaring away to glory is enough to charge me up for the day
I can not agree enough, Hayabusa is still the best way to recharge myself.

Quote:
I have seen you bike in person when I was in Mumbai few months back very shortly after you had posted the rock star make over, unfortunately by the time cousin stopped you were already away. The quality of the work is excellent and gives the bike that amazing unique look.

Quote:
I would also like to do a Leh ladakh trip
Need to work out the logistics and which bike
lets connect soon
Surely sir when ever you say we should definitely do this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
May your and Ram's tribe increase Please do keep sharing whenever you guys tour.
Thank you sheel, I just posted my ride #2, looks like have been doing thing in reverse lately.
Old 21st August 2013, 19:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:

Here is a recent pic of Despoine
Ram, your Despoine is looking really superb in the Rockstar Makeover. Totally changed her appearance.

Quote:

Thank you sheel, I just posted my ride #2, looks like have been doing thing in reverse lately.
Harish, firstly, well written narrative, enjoyed reading it. Secondly congratulations on the beauty and may I say it is refreshing to see a different colour from the usual Blacks & Whites that I have been seeing all the time. (No offence Ram, just my personal preferences!). Any issues faced so far riding a non KA registered bike in Bangalore?

I agree with your decision in replacing the horn. Most of the SBK bike horns are really pathetic since they are designed to stay within international norms and just dont do the job in a country such as ours. Especially so when you need to make your presence known to totally chaotic and noisy traffic around you.

In my opinion, in our country a good loud Horn and strong powerful headlights play a major part in riding safety on road therefore priority to these upgrades should be higher than cosmetic ones for any new SBK owner.

Happy and safe riding guys.
plimsollmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 19:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plimsollmark View Post
Any issues faced so far riding a non KA registered bike in Bangalore?
I have been stopped few time but mostly let go after I walked up to the inspector and requested him to see the bike, explained its an import. I have even taken few of the cops from Jeevan Bhima nagar for a ride once till the telephone exchange. Did it as was fed up getting stopped everyday while returning home at 9pm-10pm.

The funniest was when one guy just did not want to let me go and insisted the saree guard is a must at gangamma circle near air force station. Lucky was carry the Ipad in the bag i open the Karnataka MV act and showed him the clause stating its applicable for bike upto 1000cc.

From a road tax perspective I paid it for 1 year in April 13, this is because legally you can use the bike without paying road tax for a year provided you can prove it you were here from a particular date (always carry the transport bill from the packer for this).
Old 22nd August 2013, 06:06   #21
BHPian

I love to read superbike touring triplogs. Good to see many SBKers using bikes to go to places .

Congratulations on the bike and for having a good time with the bike during the ride. Next time when you decide to come to hyderabad, Do give me a buzz.
Old 22nd August 2013, 07:13   #22
BHPian

Hi Harish. Good thread and photographs! your bike is a beauty.

You live in Bangalore and drove to Hyderabad - any specific reasons for owning a PB29 regn?
Old 22nd August 2013, 22:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
At this stretch I encountered an Audi A6, you guys are going to love this part - the driver was dead center of the NH7 after a few beeps there he still refused to give way(trust me the horns are loud I put in the Pulsar 180 horns especially for this trip on a BUSA yes I did that). I had managed to overtake him, looks like the sales man at Audi misinformed him that his car was the fastest thing on India roads. Instead of giving way he kept pushing harder. Frustrated, I changed on to A mode to overtake him.
Dear Harish,

Awesome ride brother. I am also a hayabusa fan and I really agree with your kerb weight explanation for busa. After all its ain't a track bike, its a beast made for ruling the streets. I am also happy with the above incident of A6 you mentioned. All the four wheelers take two wheelers for granted and you hopefully taught him its not the case. Hope he will never dare to mess around with any superbikes.

I don't know about the stretch of roads at your place, but its bad at our place. So drive safe.

Cheers

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 23rd August 2013 at 15:16. Reason: Edited quote as per original post.
Old 22nd August 2013, 23:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
. Next time when you decide to come to hyderabad, Do give me a buzz.
I will PM my plans before then next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
You live in Bangalore and drove to Hyderabad - any specific reasons for owning a PB29 regn?
Have PM'ed you

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
he will never dare to mess around with any superbikes. . I don't know about the stretch of roads at your place, but its bad at our place. So drive safe.
One thing for sure am never going to dare another stunt like that ever, I had lost my cool (which is not good especially on a SBK ) because he was driving in the middle of the highway blocking both the lane and refusing to give way. I will be more care full not to pick up others garbage and risk myself.
Old 24th August 2013, 05:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
One thing for sure am never going to dare another stunt like that ever, I had lost my cool (which is not good especially on a SBK ) because he was driving in the middle of the highway blocking both the lane and refusing to give way. I will be more care full not to pick up others garbage and risk myself.
Amen to that !
Is true on ANY motorcycle and holds doubly true on one that can crack 300kays

P.S: Photos please !
Old 7th September 2013, 09:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Looking good. Touring on the hayabusa is always a joy. I noticed your bike is Moga ( punjab) registered. I think i ve seen this bike in the vicinity. Anyhow , the hayabusa is made for touring and is specially a pleasure when the roads are well carpeted.I tour alot myself and always look forward to reading travelogues off fellow bikers. Ride far , ride safe !
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks