Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2013, 12:30   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: GKEIC's Road Trip - 4 Average Joes, 16000 KMs, 16 Countries, 40 Days in a Puny Ca

It was a truly mesmerizing experience for me sitting in front of a computer screen reading & watching your log. So, I can only begin to imagine the feelings, emotions and the journey experienced by you.

And you guys are so humble to be thanking us at the end of the last post for reading your travelogue. On the other hand, I can't thank you guys enough for sharing your story, experiences and the wonderful vistas with us. A memorable read, it was.

I do know I am going to read this log over once again. There have been stupendous travelogues put up here on T-bhp, but this one's my all time favorite. Thanks!
Old 13th September 2013, 13:01   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: GKEIC's Road Trip - 4 Average Joes, 16000 KMs, 16 Countries, 40 Days in a Puny Ca

Hats off to all of you. And thanks for taking us through the trip. Very well and honestly written log. Loved every word of it.

And the trip - vow what an journey it was. Reading it itself was a thrilling experience
Old 13th September 2013, 13:21   #108
lsp
BHPian

RESPECT!! sheer respect.
Take a bow sir. You guys have done what many dont even dare to dream.

40 days on the road across 16 countries over 16000 kms... stuff that legends are made of!!

Having followed your journey from the start till the end has surely been very entertaining for us. This Tlog deserves more than 5 stars. I am sure post this jouney you guys must be thick as theives. Kudos to your friendship and spirit.
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 13th September 2013, 13:31   #109
BHPian

What is more shocking to me is the amount FUN all four of you had on your epic journey. It is not very easy to have fun and also drive on those unpaved, deserted roads. It must have been an enduarance test for all of you. Hats off to all of you.
Old 13th September 2013, 16:59   #110
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for taking us along with you on an unforgettable journey! The way you've described, detailed and captured your story in words and pictures was nothing short of fun, suspense, beauty and anticipation for us readers.

Congratulations once again for completing a journey of such an epic proportion.

Kudos to the GKEIC team.

Thread rated a fully deserved five stars.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 13th September 2013 at 17:00.
Old 13th September 2013, 22:50   #111
BHPian

What an EPIC travelogue!!!

I have been following this thread for a couple of weeks and was anticipating the next day's log.

The feeling that the epic journey has come to an end is like watching a serial, you want to know what happens next but do not want it to end.

But as you said, this is life.

Looking forward for your next adventure.
Old 14th September 2013, 21:20   #112
BHPian

Hi guys,
Have been reading this travelogue since the very beginning and kudos to you guys for completing this rally! Great pictures too.
I'm sure you guys won't be able to get the rally out of your mind for a really long time to come.

Cheers!
Old 16th September 2013, 17:28   #113
BHPian

It's a saga! Have been reading your posts since the very first. The entire narration is very lively and captivating till the very end along with excellent pictures! For me personally, after a very longtime this was an article that kept me glued yearning for the next post!

All the very best guys!
Old 18th September 2013, 15:10   #114
BHPian

Rejoy,
Have been closely following this wonderful thread on what can truly be called EPIC.

I bow to your courage and guts. You guys trace your lineage to adventurers like Marco Polo and Christopher Columbus!

Once again, thank you for sharing with us. Hope to read many more of such adventures from you!

...And as for this one, hope to see a book published or a film made on it!
Old 19th September 2013, 15:53   #115
BHPian

Very interesting!! Needs loads of guts. Subscribed and look forward to reading more of your travelogue.
By the way can you mention the costs incurred alongside?
Old 20th September 2013, 00:02   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath_rbk View Post
Fantastic journey and a lovely travelogue!! Kudos to you guys for braving all kind of situations and completing the rally successfully! Cheers.
Thank you Bharath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
EPIC !! Look forward to your next Mongol rally or something similar . Keep writing . Rated 5 star .

()^100000 .
Thank you Girimajiananth, I like the number of zeros you added to that index of the smiley. Next, well I am sure we will be able to find something - lets see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Not all those wander are lost... Awesome lines that fit you awesome people!!

Hattsoff to you guys!! The brave four members of GKEIC. Been following your thread silently all through. I don't think I have the words that would justly describe my feeling but all I can say is you have really read the book of life.

Honored to have been able to read the best travelogue on TBHP till now.
Thank you Vinay. That line was selected by our director - editor Arun Francis ( Pranchi ) and Vinesh TV ( TV).
Your words indeed makes me feel humbled, Thank you so much for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulerofsun View Post
I was following this thread from the start and was glued to it. Checked it on my phone refreshed the PC for updates and what not. Write a coffee table book I am sure it will sell like hot cakes.
I am sure your experience through this drive has elevated you as individuals.

The Video at the end was amazing. The Write up superlative and you guys ROCK!!! I bow to you.

RoS
RoS, Thank you. Well I know there have been times when I took a bit more time than many of your likings, it was not intended and it was mainly because every post was written 2/3 days before it was posted.
Yes Coffee table book is one of the things in our list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks for sharing the travelogue Rejoy. An epic journey indeed, and something which you guys will relish for a lifetime. Appreciate the effort you took in penning down the whole 40 days’ episodes

My favourite picture – one of you (Kent?) posing in a mundu with the Russian friends
Hey Vb-San, Thank you. Completing the whole travelogue was taken more as a commitment to the T Bhp junta than a mere mentioning of events happened in our trip.
Hehe, yes Kent ( Allwyn Kent ) was posing in your favorite pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Rejoy,

I have been following this thread right from the first thread till the end. Frankly speaking I am short of words to describe the awesomeness here.

This journey will be the one all four of you will relish for rest of your lives & it was really great reading your experiences. Probably very few of us here will actually be ever able to do what you guys have done during those 40 days.

Hats off to all yours spirits to carry it on & finally completing the rally despite all the odds. By the way what was the total expense of the trip?

Thanks,
Thank you , thank you and thank you.
The total expense, honestly there is no exact figure, as there was no exact tracking of expenses incurred everyday. One of the main expense was the return ticket per person from Ulaanbaatar - ~60K one way. Visas cost us 1L + ( including the visas of countries which we never visited ) per person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Hey Rejoy and others

Congratulations. i know you completed it one year back since i didn't get to congratulate you then, let me now.

It was really an Epic journey by any measure. I followed the travelogue from day 1 and never missed even a single episode. I too feel a little sad that your narrative has come to an end, i will miss reading it for sure. I can only hope to imagine how it would have been for those 40 days. I am sure it will be something that will stay with you for the rest of your lives

Respect for dreaming big and making it a reality.
Thank you Mohan ,yes indeed it will stay with us for the rest of our lives.
Thank you for following us from the beginning till end.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Epic stuff Rejoy. Sad to see the log ending.
Thank you Rajesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
One of the best travelogues comes to an end. 40 days in 7 pages, very crisp and interesting. Got all of us hooked.

It must have been an amazing journey for you guys. You have guts to execute something of this sort.

Just out of curiosity - which route did you fly back to BLR?
Thank you BusyboyKK. I am happy to know that you found it crisp and interesting - frankly you made my day.
From Ulaanbaatar we took a flight to Beijing , then to Cheng du and from there to Bangalore. It was a long journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by premc44 View Post
Hi Guys
Congratulations on this wonderful achievement. You have made us all proud (and somewhat jealous too).
Thank you Premc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
It was a truly mesmerizing experience for me sitting in front of a computer screen reading & watching your log. So, I can only begin to imagine the feelings, emotions and the journey experienced by you.

And you guys are so humble to be thanking us at the end of the last post for reading your travelogue. On the other hand, I can't thank you guys enough for sharing your story, experiences and the wonderful vistas with us. A memorable read, it was.

I do know I am going to read this log over once again. There have been stupendous travelogues put up here on T-bhp, but this one's my all time favorite. Thanks!
RRSteer, thank you so much indeed. Your encouragement and enthusiasm from the beginning made me complete the travelogue. Your last paragraph is something all four of us at GKEIC will take it as one of the biggest compliments that we ever had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Hats off to all of you. And thanks for taking us through the trip. Very well and honestly written log. Loved every word of it.

And the trip - vow what an journey it was. Reading it itself was a thrilling experience
Thank you Mallumowgli.
In between interesting name :-) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
RESPECT!! sheer respect.
Take a bow sir. You guys have done what many dont even dare to dream.

40 days on the road across 16 countries over 16000 kms... stuff that legends are made of!!

Having followed your journey from the start till the end has surely been very entertaining for us. This Tlog deserves more than 5 stars. I am sure post this jouney you guys must be thick as theives. Kudos to your friendship and spirit.
Thank you Thank you. Bow in front of all the Bhpians here too. We are indeed so pleased to take each and every word of your appreciation and encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
What is more shocking to me is the amount FUN all four of you had on your epic journey. It is not very easy to have fun and also drive on those unpaved, deserted roads. It must have been an enduarance test for all of you. Hats off to all of you.
Thank you Jose. The Fun,it was only because of knowing each other for so long. We also found time to get ourselves into heated arguments during our rally -So many times .But never we had a second thought about going forward in the worsts of the situations that we had in this rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Thanks for taking us along with you on an unforgettable journey! The way you've described, detailed and captured your story in words and pictures was nothing short of fun, suspense, beauty and anticipation for us readers.
Kudos to the GKEIC team.

Thread rated a fully deserved five stars.
9thsphnix - Thank you from my side for your words on the travelogue. I still need to polish my skills to get better at it.
Thanks from the GKEIC team as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchkamalesh View Post
What an EPIC travelogue!!!

I have been following this thread for a couple of weeks and was anticipating the next day's log.

The feeling that the epic journey has come to an end is like watching a serial, you want to know what happens next but do not want it to end.

But as you said, this is life.

Looking forward for your next adventure.
KatchKamalesh, Thank you so much. I am very glad to know that you were following us from the beginning and that each day's log made you be with us till the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Hi guys,
Have been reading this travelogue since the very beginning and kudos to you guys for completing this rally! Great pictures too.
I'm sure you guys won't be able to get the rally out of your mind for a really long time to come.

Cheers!
Thank you Strange Wizard. Its very difficult to get the rally out of our minds. Question is should we just stop trying to get it off our heads or just live in those memories . May be another trip will give us the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh.n View Post
It's a saga! Have been reading your posts since the very first. The entire narration is very lively and captivating till the very end along with excellent pictures! For me personally, after a very longtime this was an article that kept me glued yearning for the next post!

All the very best guys!
Woww, thank you Adarsh.n. I hope that more and more Bhpians wander around the world and present us with similar or better travelogues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Rejoy,
Have been closely following this wonderful thread on what can truly be called EPIC.

I bow to your courage and guts. You guys trace your lineage to adventurers like Marco Polo and Christopher Columbus!

Once again, thank you for sharing with us. Hope to read many more of such adventures from you!

...And as for this one, hope to see a book published or a film made on it!
Thank you Top-Gear, hehe may be Vasco da Gama. We hail from the same coast that he landed in. Jokes apart, I wonder how did those guys manage to get they way around the mighty ocean and winds that too in those times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkark View Post
Very interesting!! Needs loads of guts. Subscribed and look forward to reading more of your travelogue.
By the way can you mention the costs incurred alongside?
Pushkark, Thank you. But then the log is over officially in my last post when I mentioned about reaching Ulaanbatar. The costs, I have given some rough estimates in the comments above.
rejoycjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 16:52   #117
BHPian

WOW ! speechless!.. Not much is left to be said in praise of your epic trip. And nothing would suffice or truly express the admiration and appreciation one would have for your courage/determination/passion/attitude and cool and calm heads of yours to not only dare but complete such a trip. Reading through it and literally feeling it compels one to compliment your story telling skills as much as all those other qualities of the team GKEIC.

Feeling privileged to have read it Thanks for taking time to share it in detail.
LongDrive lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 14:31   #118
BHPian

WOW GKEIC team, I am Lost of words to congratulate you guys on completing this Marathon journey. You guys are not just average Joes, any one can ride/drive in any favorable condition, but driving in 10kmph for hours clearly states that your are the warriors - "The Spartans of TBHP".
Just by reading your Travelogue, I have changed a lot and accepting the factors, I see this as a greatly motivating. Am sure that you Spartans have graduated to a top level in your life with this journey. kindly create a book. I would like to buy one.
Rated 5*
raguprasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 15:11   #119
BHPian

great going guys , this is one amazing travelogue and quite interesting too
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 16:22   #120
BHPian

great going guys , keeping me hooked like anything , nice pics in the log
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks