Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2013, 17:27   #31
BHPian

Re: The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Autobahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
With this kind of technology, seems like the driver will soon be reduced to the status of glorified passenger in the front seat ...
We are slowly but surely moving to a era where there will be driver less cars anyways
Old 9th September 2013, 17:34   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchanda View Post
Nice write-up Tamoghno. Reminds me of the 85 mph road in the US between San Antonio and Austin known as Pickle Parkway. Was driving there last November in a Chrysler 300.
Is it just me or did someone use a black marker to make the "3" into a "8" on the speed limit sign? :-)
The road looks like a 2-lane country road, surely not an 85-er, more appropriately a 35 mph road.
Old 15th September 2013, 13:16   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sinha View Post

Is it just me or did someone use a black marker to make the "3" into a "8" on the speed limit sign? :-)
The road looks like a 2-lane country road, surely not an 85-er, more appropriately a 35 mph road.
This is the road I took when I was driving from san antonio to austin in Texas. It is open country so yes...the road is a country road. Didn't find any reason why I would boast about the speed but maybe its common place for you to do so.
Old 19th September 2013, 22:30   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Yes, you are right.

One more thing worth mentioning, I have noticed, the commuters here in Germany follow lane discipline very well. A lot of accidents in Autobahn are avoided due to this reason. I have not driven in other parts of Europe so I don't know how it is elsewhere.

Spike

Very similar in the rest of Europe. Germans have the reputation of being very disciplined in everything they do, but lane discipline is a given in Europe. You will never see 6 cars abreast on a three lane road, like we see here in India.

But then, driving in India is very different from driving in Europe all together, lane discipline is just one of those differences.

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 22:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Very similar in the rest of Europe. Germans have the reputation of being very disciplined in everything they do, but lane discipline is a given in Europe. You will never see 6 cars abreast on a three lane road, like we see here in India.
Yeah true in most parts of Europe I'm told. My friends who were in Italy last month told me, Italy reminded them of driving in India, well pretty much.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 22:41   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Yeah true in most parts of Europe I'm told. My friends who were in Italy last month told me, Italy reminded them of driving in India, well pretty much.

Spike
Well, maybe a little bit like India in the big cities! But trust me, India traffic is pretty unique!
Jeroen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 16:39   #37
BHPian

Here is my experience driving the Autobahn on a Mercedes Benz Cla Shooting Brake. The car is fitted with All Weather tires and the cabin noise gets quite loud at speeds over 150 kph. Also the frame less doors dont help the situation in this regard. However the excellent sound system helps to ignore this road noise.
Old 19th December 2022, 11:24   #38
BHPian

Although I have not driven myself at the Autobahn, but experienced the lovely highway that is the Autobahn. So last October, a beautiful Autumn morning I was staying outside of Dusseldorf airport at a budget hotel, and I decided to film the Autobahn from the skies.
Here is a short aerial footage of the Autobahn outside of Dusseldorf, hope you like it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks