Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2013, 18:22   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
Thank you TopGear for this wonderful photologue. I lived all my life in Mumbai and never explored these wonderful sites. These little tidbits about Mumbai that emerge ever so often remind us of its rich history. Thank you for sharing. Will definitely visit Kanheri when I'm in Mumbai next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Thanks, a good refresher for those of us in Mumbai who tend to not bother with whats next door. You should look up chinchoti falls as well, I am sure you will enjoy the place.

Thank you for your kind words! Those were my thoughts exactly when I went there after all these years! "Ghar ki murgi daal barabar"!

Oh yes, I had been to Chinchoti many years ago during the monsoons and I was blown away by the beauty. I had a LOT of fun at the water falls. Thanks for reminding, that gets added to my To Do list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Top-Gear,

You have shared good information about Kanheri caves. Also thank you for my reference in the opening post.

By the way, if you would have walked a little up the Kanheri caves, there is a point from where you can literally see entire landscape of western Mumbai right from Versova to Gorai islands. Also on the other side you can see high rises of Powai & Vihar & Powai lakes.
Thank you for the encouraging words, Jignesh!

I missed the view you are referring to! Next time, for sure!

Quote:
Hello,

Surprising, what would 6 year old learn / observe in McDonalds kitchen? Instead a trip to SGNP would have been a better learning / enjoyable experience for the kids.
+1 to that. As it is, we as a society are moving away from nature and our culture. I don't know why our schools are also contributing to this!

Last edited by aah78 : 7th October 2013 at 21:08. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+ / MUTLI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 8th October 2013, 11:06   #17
BHPian

Re: Kanheri Caves. Travelogue? Nah! Photologue? No,no! A short writeup on a quick get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
I also used to call it something similar .

Nowadays, I am not sure if kids get taken to such historical places for school trips any more! I guess they get taken to more 'upmarket' places, if you know what I mean!
Quote:
Hello,

That is very true, the "field trips" in school have really gone to "Upmarket" places.
Jignesh Sir, I am aware of that spot which you are referring to and its a beautiful view of the Powai lake from there.

OT- Sorry to go off-topic but these days I am quite shocked when I listen to the kinds of trips ICSE,CBSE,IG,IB board schools take their students to. Eg. Gokuldham school, Ryan International are taking their students to NASA (US), the trip costing 2.5 lacs.
And I wonder what would these kids even understand when they visit NASA. In 2.5 lacs 2 people can comfortably make the trip with many more places to visit alongwith nasa..

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 16:49   #18
BHPian

Re: Kanheri Caves. Travelogue? Nah! Photologue? No,no! A short writeup on a quick get

Staying right next to the entrance of SGNP and have not visited Kanheri in the last 15 years atleast.

This is an oasis in the wide concrete desert of Bombay. (I still call her that).

Your TL has inspired me to do a walk to the caves.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 16:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Staying right next to the entrance of SGNP and have not visited Kanheri in the last 15 years atleast.

This is an oasis in the wide concrete desert of Bombay. (I still call her that).

Your TL has inspired me to do a walk to the caves.

Regards
Diesel
Than you, Dieseltuned! Yes, it's a great route for walking/cycling! Enjoy your walk and fill your lungs with fresh air!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks