Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2014, 13:28   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: N.E.W.S. Nepal & East to West in a Safari

Thanks for this Hemanth. Your trip to the Eastern corner of India has inspired me too. A plan's firming up in mind...
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 23:28   #92
BHPian

Re: N.e.w.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Day 10, 20-Oct-2013: Walong(AR11)-Tezu(AR11)

From here, Kibithoo was just 6 Kilometres. In another 3 Kilometres, We reached a point where the asphalt roads finished and the mountains were dug up for construction/widening of roads.

Here, at a particular hair pin bend I turned the vehicle only to be greeted but a long and straight heavy gradient. The vehicle didn't have enough grunt to climb up. So I stopped and slowly went back the hair pin.

I then slotted into first gear and with full throttle climbed up the hair pin. The vehicle also moved up the gradient without any problems.
Just as I thought that everything was fine, the gradient kept on rising and the vehicle was not able to cope up. It started to struggle and then the tyres started to kick up a lot of dust but the vehicle didn't move forward

That was the end of it.
Indeed! it's the end of the East and beginning of the West!

Thank you for such a wonderful and vivid description of our country from East to West through a marvelous sequence of words and photos.

I was having an extremely bad headache yesterday and had taken a strong pain killer. For some reason, I was not getting any relief from the medicine. So to have some distractions, I opened Team BHP and hit your travelogue. It struck immediately and I kept on reading your blog until I fell asleep last night. Your writing has been so intense that I was often forgetting that I was having severe headache. Anyway, I finished reading the whole thread now and wanted to say thanks and wish you good luck for your next adventure!
gmhossain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 01:52   #93
BHPian

Its a phenomal feat to complete two such epics in as many years and something you should be extremely proud of. I was as if travelling with you, while leafing through the pages.

Congratulations and all the best wishes for your little angel.
subirdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 16:23   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
2) how on earth do you manage to recollect all the minor details many many months after completing the actual travel ? hats off
Thanks venkyhere for the nice words

I had written this in my north-south travelogue and would like to repeat it again..."Memories can be erased, experiences can't".
But for some points, Rajesh and the SMSes, Emails and some photos did help me.

Quote:
3) there are only a few things in life which you can be actually feel proud about in the purest sense of the word - its not money/fame or anything such - it is really the exclusivity of experiences
Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Woah! That was an A.W.E.S.O.M.E travelogue.
What I loved about it
  • Excellent team work, despite different ages
Thanks samarth.bhatia,

Yes we were 24,30&36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
I was having an extremely bad headache yesterday and had taken a strong pain killer. For some reason, I was not getting any relief from the medicine. So to have some distractions, I opened Team BHP and hit your travelogue. It struck immediately and I kept on reading your blog until I fell asleep last night. Your writing has been so intense that I was often forgetting that I was having severe headache. Anyway, I finished reading the whole thread now and wanted to say thanks and wish you good luck for your next adventure!
Thanks gmhossain,

This travelogue- A pain killer. That's a nice compliment.
Old 24th August 2014, 19:04   #95
BHPian

I read it from beginning to end in one full sitting. It was such a riveting narration. What a wonderful experience you all had?

thanks for sharing this. Very inspiring
baskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 23:28   #96
BHPian

@administrators Hey,I don;t know if it's a bug in my system (everything else seem to be perfect), but the picture on this story on team-bhp home page is the picture from "my dad's gift, swift" review. Why's that ?
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 08:34   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
@administrators Hey,I don;t know if it's a bug in my system (everything else seem to be perfect), but the picture on this story on team-bhp home page is the picture from "my dad's gift, swift" review. Why's that ?
I know what you are talking about. one of my friends also faced the same the problem and he sent me a screen shot attacehd below.

N.E.W.S. Nepal & East to West in a Safari-img20140820wa0007.jpg

It looks like some cache problem of the browser. Press F5 and it shoud sort the issue (He did the same).

PS: The title of the thread on the homepage has changed after the screen-shot was taken
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 20:29   #98

Guys! Awesome. Hat's off to you guys. That's called a "JOURNEY". Very well documented. Can we see the coffee table book also?
Mayank Mohun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 18:13   #99
BHPian

One hell of a travelogue with awesome photography and attractive writing. Five star rating straight away. It took me three days to completely enjoy the full story. The part of the route in the north east is quite familiar for me, specially the route from kokrajhar to guwahati which i cover twice a month :-) One special mention to the photograph of the vehicle near the paddy (!) fields for a sunrise shot. I bet TATA will gladly put it in their website given the copyright. This story has everything from madness of durga puja in kolkata to natural beauty of north east, and excitement of formula 1 race tracks to awesome foods in surat.
phynix123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 20:37   #100
BHPian

Seriously guys!!

You have shocked many. Such details, excellent pictures, beautifully drafted.

I am sure the planning and the trip would have been once in a lifetime experience.
You guys are an inspiration for many.
Sleeplessdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 10:22   #101
BHPian

Its 10:00 AM on a working day and I'm in office. I side-lined all my important work and just read-through this travelogue.

So inspiring and you guys deserve a standing applause.
Srikanthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 20:35   #102
BHPian

It was really enchanting, inspiring drive.
And the attention to details was truly superb. Be it daily distance, fuel consumed or expenses and anything and everything you have mentioned.
Hats off to you guys and to your families for being so supportive.
Congrats for your new role in life.
Wish you millions of happy and safe kilometers.
TC
Orange GTX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 09:21   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayank Mohun View Post
Guys! Awesome. Hat's off to you guys. That's called a "JOURNEY". Very well documented. Can we see the coffee table book also?
Thanks Mayank Mohun,

I will start working on the book soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phynix123 View Post
One hell of a travelogue with awesome photography and attractive writing. Five star rating straight away.
Thanks for the compliments phynix123
Quote:
One special mention to the photograph of the vehicle near the paddy (!) fields for a sunrise shot. I bet TATA will gladly put it in their website given the copyright.
I just love that photo. One of my favourites of the trip.

Quote:
This story has everything from madness of durga puja in kolkata to natural beauty of north east, and excitement of formula 1 race tracks to awesome foods in surat.
We were fortunate to experience all those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeplessdriver View Post
Seriously guys!!
You have shocked many. Such details, excellent pictures, beautifully drafted.
I am sure the planning and the trip would have been once in a lifetime experience.
You guys are an inspiration for many.
Thank you so much Sleeplessdriver. Your handle brings back memories of some days where we were literally sleepless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanthan View Post
Its 10:00 AM on a working day and I'm in office. I side-lined all my important work and just read-through this travelogue.
So inspiring and you guys deserve a standing applause.
Thank you so much Srikanthan,
By the way, what will you fill in your time sheet for all the time you spent on reading our travelogue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange GTX View Post
It was really enchanting, inspiring drive.
And the attention to details was truly superb. Be it daily distance, fuel consumed or expenses and anything and everything you have mentioned.
Thanks Orange GTX
As soon as we spent something we used to note it down in our small notebook in the glovebox. This really helps later on.

Quote:
Hats off to you guys and to your families for being so supportive.
Congrats for your new role in life.
True, that. Without their support, it would have been impossible.
My new role is exciting and now I have along with me 2 confirmed passengers in all my next drives
Old 7th September 2014, 12:09   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Day 7, 17-Oct-2013: Siliguri (WB74) to Guwahati (AS01)

Attachment 1259206
Well this is not the route you took as per your photos and description, you definitely have gone over the coronation bridge section.

A great travelogue , our bad luck that your cams were not allowed on the eastern most section
YanTra Makto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 09:14   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A great travelogue , our bad luck that your cams were not allowed on the eastern most section
Thanks for the nice words YanTra Makto

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanTra Makto View Post
Well this is not the route you took as per your photos and description, you definitely have gone over the coronation bridge section.
You are right. Thanks for pointing it out.
I specifically checked for the correctness of the maps while proof-reading my travelogue. Even then I seem to have missed this one.

The one uploaded there is the default direction shown by google maps. I dragged a few points and modified the route now and the following one is the correct one.

N.E.W.S. Nepal & East to West in a Safari-day-9.jpg
Siliguri to Guwahati Actual

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 8th September 2014 at 09:17.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks