Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2014, 15:38   #16
BHPian

Re: Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn

Amazing photologue.. I feel like the theme is 'Solitude'. Some of the portraits (for eg: the lone boy near window) have stories of their own. Wish you could divulge your feelings as you framed those faces

Looking forward for more
Mysticeyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 16:04   #17
BHPian

Stunning and lovely photo's. Liked very much.

" With the scenic surrounding and with handpicked Illayaraja's songs on the backdrop it was one of the best moments of my life"

Above statement was very true and i have enjoyed the same feeling very much in the last kudremukh drive
Ramp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 19:21   #18
BHPian

Ecstasy Drive, breathtaking photologue of the "Jannat" in our motherland. Photos left me speechless ! Pl.post more pics if possible.
venkatt1800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 21:31   #19
BHPian

@Ecstasy_Drive - Very nice pics...

I am interested to know if you missed having a 4X4 vehicle during the trip? Did you skip any place because of Quanto not being a 4 wheel drive vehicle?

Travelogues like these motivate us to take our 2 wheel drive vehicles to LEH
rave20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 21:46   #20
BHPian

Simply mesmerising.
EcstasyDrive, you have captured the intricate beauty so well, did you ask the permission of the ladies to take their photo? I must say, the facial expression is so natural, their eyes draws attention and they seem to communicate something with a far away look.
Maybe its just me.

Regards
Andy
Grace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 22:31   #21
BHPian

Your photgraphs have life breathed into them! Amazing ! I never did think of a Quanto to make a trip to Leh. You have posted that it did well. Would you care to give us a writeup on it's performance thru the whole trip?
Regards,
Ashok
ashphil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 23:19   #22
BHPian

Amazing pics Ecstasy_Drive. These are some of the best pics in terms of quality that I have come across here. Simply put they are just Awesome. Keep 'em coming. Cheers.
sami316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 09:52   #23
BHPian

Hi mate, going through the snaps seems as if you are a professional photographer by passion. One can pull these snaps out from this forum and get a beautiful calender printed and without a doubt, these will fly off the shelves even during the middle of year.

Secondly, thosse who are able to undertake their journey to Leh/Ladakh are really the blessed ones. Have been trying to plan and make a trip for past 4 years now without any success. The mouth watering travelogues from you or even from other blessed members are really tempting. Please post more pics.
su1978 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 10:09   #24
BHPian

Wow, Just awesome and three cheers for sharing the wonderful photographs. It has also inspired Quanto owners like me to embark on such wonderful trips. Also your trip is a great testimony of the ruggedness and relaibility of performance of the Quanto, a vehicle which is very underrated and may be an eye opener for many members of our forum.
vipinendran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 15:49   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand3553 View Post
Awesome pictures Ecstasy_Drive. They are simply superb.
What about the Quanto? A travelogue in Tbhp without a comment on your ride? Were there any issues? How did it perform on the tough terrain?
Am glad you liked my pictures. As said Quanto performed well. I did not feel it is underpowered. Our only complains were the bumpy ride and the upright seating position. Wish it had a reclining 60:40 seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Amazing photologue.. I feel like the theme is 'Solitude'. Some of the portraits (for eg: the lone boy near window) have stories of their own. Wish you could divulge your feelings as you framed those faces

Looking forward for more
Thanks for your appreciation. The boy near the window is only of my favorite picture on the entire trip. This Picture was taken in Nubra Village on an early morning ride. "The Morning Sunshine" as i call him was curiously watching us when we drove past him. I just stopped and and captured this spl moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramp View Post
Stunning and lovely photo's. Liked very much.

" With the scenic surrounding and with handpicked Illayaraja's songs on the backdrop it was one of the best moments of my life"

Above statement was very true and i have enjoyed the same feeling very much in the last kudremukh drive
Thanks. Yes the drive and Ilayaraja's song compliment each other. It was a pure bliss to listen and sometimes hum our favourite melodies enroute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
Ecstasy Drive, breathtaking photologue of the "Jannat" in our motherland. Photos left me speechless ! Pl.post more pics if possible.
Thanks. I will post as much as i can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave20 View Post
@Ecstasy_Drive - Very nice pics...

I am interested to know if you missed having a 4X4 vehicle during the trip? Did you skip any place because of Quanto not being a 4 wheel drive vehicle?

Travelogues like these motivate us to take our 2 wheel drive vehicles to LEH
Thanks. During the time of our trip the weather god was very much favorable on our side. At any point of our entire trip we did not feel the need of 4x4. As of me what mattered is the ample ground clearance. I think you wont have any problem taking 2 Wheel drive vehicle if you are planning your trip during September/October. As a precaution we carried a towing rope, but we did not even open its cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Simply mesmerising.
EcstasyDrive, you have captured the intricate beauty so well, did you ask the permission of the ladies to take their photo? I must say, the facial expression is so natural, their eyes draws attention and they seem to communicate something with a far away look.
Maybe its just me.

Regards
Andy
Thanks. I never take pictures without the persons consent barring some stage shows or events. Portraits are my favourite area in photography and i would say people in ladakh region are camera friendly and all we need is it to spend little bit of time to interact with them to get these moments captured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashphil View Post
Your photgraphs have life breathed into them! Amazing ! I never did think of a Quanto to make a trip to Leh. You have posted that it did well. Would you care to give us a writeup on it's performance thru the whole trip?
Regards,
Ashok
Thanks. Quanto is an able performer but it has its flaws in the ride quality and the steering feel in high-speed. The steering feel life less and light in high speed (above 90/100kmph). All said the vehicle is tough to take on difficult terrain and we did not had any issue on our whole trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Amazing pics Ecstasy_Drive. These are some of the best pics in terms of quality that I have come across here. Simply put they are just Awesome. Keep 'em coming. Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
Hi mate, going through the snaps seems as if you are a professional photographer by passion. One can pull these snaps out from this forum and get a beautiful calender printed and without a doubt, these will fly off the shelves even during the middle of year.

Secondly, thosse who are able to undertake their journey to Leh/Ladakh are really the blessed ones. Have been trying to plan and make a trip for past 4 years now without any success. The mouth watering travelogues from you or even from other blessed members are really tempting. Please post more pics.
Thanks. We too had second thoughts before we stared (because of poor weather predictions) but we somehow started and we did not even look back. Travelling to Leh is all safe now. All we have to do is to prepare well and take ample rest inbetween destinations. I hope you will make your trip soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinendran View Post
Wow, Just awesome and three cheers for sharing the wonderful photographs. It has also inspired Quanto owners like me to embark on such wonderful trips. Also your trip is a great testimony of the ruggedness and relaibility of performance of the Quanto, a vehicle which is very underrated and may be an eye opener for many members of our forum.
Thanks. Yes as i said in the earlier post Quanto is an underrated vehicle and if with some changes (Reclining seats and sorted our suspension) it will appeal more.

Some of the below pictures are from the Cultural festival @ Diskit Monastery. Hope you will like it

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_6043.jpg
Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_5997.jpg
Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_6072.jpg

Road we Travelled. Pangong Tso in our Mirrors.

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_2635.jpg

Road to the Mori Plains

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_6170.jpg

The Chocolate Boy in Debring

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_6206.jpg

Scale of Size. Sheep Herds in Mori Plains

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_6212.jpg

A School Girl in Diskit Monastery

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_5947.jpg

Suraj Tal Lake

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_2764.jpg
Ecstasy_Drive is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 17:06   #26
BHPian

Awestruck! but just can't keep off from posting a comment.
Wonder where you were all these days
Please keep them coming.
Ddrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 14:10   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrive View Post
Awestruck! but just can't keep off from posting a comment.
Wonder where you were all these days
Please keep them coming.
Thanks Ddrive. Its been a long due to post my travel tale here. Am glad i did it now.

Quanto enjoying the view of Panggong Tso

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_2623.jpg

Beauty of Sarthi/Sakti Village

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_4429.jpg

Another Picture of Pangong Tso

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_6164.jpg

School Children's day out.

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_5613.jpg

Mori Plains and Quanto. Half of the stretch was like a dirt track and the other half were on newly laid Tarmac.

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_2689post.jpg

Below 2 Pictures are taken somewhere after Sarchu. Clouds were like surreal.

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_2771.jpg
Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_2772.jpg

A view of Solang Valley

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_4988.jpg

Meet Mr. Maulam, a monk in Lamayaru Monastery. One of the special people we have met in our trip.

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_5688post.jpg

And this photologue will be incomplete without mentioning the dedication and hardwork of our Jawans and the chaps in BRO. Kudos to them for their selfless work to the nation.
We had many doubts before starting the journey. We had high expectations about this place and the trip but what we saw and what we experienced blew us away. As of me i had not even captured 10% of the beauty of it. The Beauty of it so unique and vast. For those who are planning and not able to decide on the trip to ladakh for various reasons. Please dont give up. Make it happen soon

Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn-img_4464.jpg
Ecstasy_Drive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 16:09   #28
BHPian

Simply amazing pictures! That place is so beautiful that point your camera in any direction and click it has to be picture perfect shot. Brought back all the memories of my short stay in Himalayas in 2011. Congrats once again for such an amazing trip.
Old 11th April 2014, 12:12   #29
BHPian

Ecstasy drive, Brilliant my friend. My personal favourites from your latest pictures are the Sarthi/Sakti Village photograph and the quanto somewhere after Sarchu. Yes, if ever there was heaven on earth then this is the place.
Old 11th April 2014, 16:54   #30

Amazing photographs, speechless!
One of the best photography skills in all the Travelogues I have read till now. Agree that the Leh, Ladakh, Pangyong Tso, etc. backdrops are beautiful in itself but, your skills have doubled the beauty in them.

Gives me all the more motivation to take on this trip soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks