Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2015, 15:07   #1
BHPian

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed

February 15th - Wife and I were planning for a short vacation as a very interesting weekend was coming our way. We were excited to make a plan for a getaway from NCR for something like a 3 or 4 day trip where we could just sit back and relax. No adventures, no extensive sight seeing , no long drives.

The weekend was 5th March - Thursday to 8th March - Sunday. It was my birthday on 5th and I usually don't work on my birthdays and plan a leave much in advance. 6th March was Holi, and we are not too much into colours for quite some years now, so it was an added incentive to hide from the city too. 7th and 8th were Saturday and Sunday respectively.

We had been planning to stay at two heritage properties in / around Jaipur - Samode Palace and Chomu Palace. We had heard of some good reviews of both of them as well as seen some glimpses in TV shows and movies.

We were five travellers, Mom Dad, wife, daughter and me. Wanted to book two rooms consecutively for 3 Nights. Samode as sold out so we opted for Chomu Palace. Now the wait began for the day we venture out.

March 5th - Ah my birthday! But this was not a regular birthday which would usually start with a lazy day where I would just sleep for hours feeling like a king. But this one, I was out driving at 0630 in the morning.

The weather in Delhi had been erratic for the past few days with sudden rain and thunderstorms. This day however was beautiful. Thanks to the GODS up there!

Stopped at 0815 at Safari Resort near Kotputli. I would say amazing place to stop. It was a random choice but turned out to be quite a well made place. Spent around an hour there enjoying the beautiful sun. Daughter got her favourite game - the kids trampoline. So she was happy and busy, and so were we.

Got to see a few beautiful birds :

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1335.jpg
Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1336.jpg

A modified Nano - cant help but my eyes reach out for cars only

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1348.jpg

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1361.jpg

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1362.jpg
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 16:35   #2
BHPian

re: Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed

Spent around an hour there and then continued the journey to Chomu. One needs to take a detour once you are close to Chandwaji. Before you enter the Jaipur City there is a detour on the left which actually is the Highway towards Ajmer. After about 15 kms on that highway, you need to take a service lane and that road leads to Chomu.

Once you leave the highway, the road condition is not as good, but bearable. Mine being an SUV, I didn't care much.

Approximately 20kms of drive will lead you to Chomu city. The city is small and congested. The Chomu Palace stands apart so one cannot afford to miss it.

The entrance is grand and you feel like a Royal entering it. The hospitality at the fort palace hotel too is worth mentioning about.

This is the sight that welcomes you
Attached Thumbnails
Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6941.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6938.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6997.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6943.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6944.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1368.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1369.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1371.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1372.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1373.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1397.jpg  

Old 17th March 2015, 16:05   #3
BHPian

Checked into our respective rooms and the first glance of the rooms took away my heart. It was beautiful and the feeling of Royalty had already taken us over - just for a few days though!

Nice spacious rooms with a long lobby leading to the bathroom. I couldn't help but notice that the ceiling of the lobby was smaller compared to the room and the bathroom.

Ordered the food and had it outside the rooms in the lobby as they have seating arrangements there. After a very long time, enjoyed food sitting like this in the open, with Sun glazing at the top and we somehow liking the heat for a change. It was Nirvana. Time for a short nap - (My Birthday Remember - I love to sleep )

Got up at 1700 hours and thought of taking a round of the property. First went to check out the restaurant. The restaurant named - Darbaar Hall was the meeting room of the king. It gives an amazingly magnificent look with all the decorations and portraits of the kings.

The entry of the building is divided into three parts. The first reflects the Mughal rulers , the second represents the Rajputs and the third represents the British.

It had a Grand entrance and a Herculean visitor book was lying there. Clicked it with my phone (apology for hazy picture - but it is worth sharing).

It had feedback and comments from various celebrities like Sachin Tendulkar, Jackie shroff, Govinda, LK advani , Team of Bol Bachhan, Raj Babbar to name a few.

Was planning to spend a quite evening when I got a surprise from wife dear. The hotel staff came in with a cake which was a very sweet gesture of BV dear. Cake cutting was followed by a quite dinner and after that we kept sitting in the open below the full moon talking and chit chatting.

Last edited by JASMEET MATTOO : 1st April 2015 at 15:12.
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 15:15   #4
BHPian

A few pictures of the full moon and the fort palace resort. Looked even more heavenly in person.
Attached Thumbnails
Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1587.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1562.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1593.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1595.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2015, 11:20   #5
BHPian

Next Morning - it was Holi. As usual we had no special plans to celebrate the Holi but the Hotel staff invited us to an event that they had organised for the residents at the pool side. Me and my family do not usually play Holi but this time it was different. Probably after 6-7 years, I must have indulged myself in colours. The Hotel administration had arranged for music, beverages and colours. It was our time to have a good time. Got to meet a few like minded tourists and spent some quality time.

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6977.jpg

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6983.jpg

Spotted this boy sitting quietly on a tree and checking out people playing with colours.

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1432.jpg

After playing with colours (and having too much of free food ), thought of taking a quick shower and getting into the pool with my baby. Both of us enjoyed for about an hour in the pool and then went back to the rooms.

The resort has a few options for recreation like snooker and Table tennis.

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-20150306_135641_resized.jpg

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-20150306_135643_resized.jpg

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-20150306_135645_resized.jpg

I like snooker but Dad and wife opted for Table tennis - so we had a few knocks and then proceeded for an evening event organised by the Hotel. It was a folk music and dance event for about 45 - 60 minutes. Started at 7 sharp and the artists evacuated the stage by 8.

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1549.jpg
Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1551.jpg
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:33   #6
BHPian

New day - Today we had thought of checking out the palace and identify all those places which we have seen in movies like Bhool Bhulaiya and Bol Bachchan. We hired a hotel staff to show us around the Palace and he readily obliged.

A few pics of the palace :
Attached Thumbnails
Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1598.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1619.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1601.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6938.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6940.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6941.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6942.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6943.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6945.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6954.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6958.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6959.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6960.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6974.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6988.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6989.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6990.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6991.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn6997.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dscn7002.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-20150307_111815_resized.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-20150307_111842_resized.jpg  

Old 8th April 2015, 14:36   #7
BHPian

In the evening we had thought of going to the one and only Chaukhi Dhani. I was not in a driving mood though, so we hired a Xylo Cab through the Hotel. Reached the destination at 1830 hours sharp. Spent some quality time with family enjoying the various activities there along with shopping and delicious food. Came back at night around 11.

A few pictures - just to show a glimpse of what the place is all about. I am sure most of you are well aware what all Chaukhi dhani offers.

Disclaimer - Please forgive me for the picture quality as it is very difficult to focus when you have to manage a 3 year old hyper active kid at the same time
Attached Thumbnails
Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1663.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1671.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1672.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1679.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1683.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1684.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1688.jpg  

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1691.jpg  

Last edited by JASMEET MATTOO : 9th April 2015 at 11:59. Reason: Addition of content
Old 9th April 2015, 13:09   #8
BHPian

8th March 2015

The last leg of the journey was our way back through NH-8. We just took a slight deviation from the plan and visited a local Ganeshji's temple which is located right opposite Chomu Palace entrance.

Started for our way back at 1130 hours, stopped for lunch at Sagar Ratna in Behror. The restaurant is known for its delicious south Indian food but the day being a Sunday was occupied like crazy. Had food and resumed the journey in flat half an hour and reached home in Delhi at 1630 hours in the evening. Just enough time to take a nap (damn I do take a lot of naps when I am on a Holiday. Now I realise while writing ).

And yes - thanks to my reliable partner in crime - My Hercules! The car that did the journey effortlessly and made our time worth it.

Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed-dsc_1696.jpg

Thanks for reading through
Old 10th April 2015, 09:30   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Travelogues Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10th April 2015, 10:20   #10
BHPian

Re: Chomu, Jaipur - Relaxation guaranteed

That was a sweet travelogue! In terms of the culture, the rich history and the colours(!!), the state of Rajasthan never failed to mesmerize me.
Great Travels!
r.praveen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks