Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2016, 17:42   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Call of the wild : Western Arunachal in a Mahindra Thar

@earthian, thanks a lot and please find the answers in line, however I could not answer all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
@blackpearl
Beautiful narration and pictures. thank you very much.
Am planning to head out there. A few questions, if i may:
  1. Do we have to take the DC permission as well as the army permission for going to border areas? If we have contacts in the army, would the army permission be enough?

The permission from DC office will be enough for visiting Bumla. Frankly I have no idea about the army permissions. Usually army permits are enough
    in the border areas, but please do not take my word for it.
  2. Are the permits multiple entry or single entry only?

Permits to Bumla are for a single day with the date mentioned. If you cannot make it on that date for some reason, a fresh permit has to be taken.
  3. do the photographs of all travelling need to be taken or only the person in whose name the permit is issued?

Photographs of all the people traveling are needed.
  4. do the names of all travellers have to be mentioned in the permit or say XYZ+3?

The names of all the travellers have to be given
  5. which are the other special entry areas?

I know about Bumla only. If permit is needed to go beyond Zemithang, I am not aware of it.
  6. any idea about the permit issues for Mizoram and Nagaland?

No idea sir :-(

Thank you
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 20:07   #32
BHPian

Thank you for such informative post.

We are planning to visit Arunachal next year around Januray-Feb time frame and this post has lot of details what we need about the Tawang sector.

I just have one question, can you tell me what was the time you went there?

Last edited by gurha : 19th November 2016 at 20:11.
gurha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 17:47   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurha View Post
Thank you for such informative post.

We are planning to visit Arunachal next year around Januray-Feb time frame and this post has lot of details what we need about the Tawang sector.

I just have one question, can you tell me what was the time you went there?

Thanks a lot Gurha. We went there in May.
Old 28th November 2016, 18:41   #34
BHPian

Hi Blackpearl. I am planning a trip to Arunachal Pradesh Tawang / Ziro from Delhi. I will like to know a few things.

1) Can the permit be obtained online? Google seems to suggest a link but i wanted to know if the online permit is valid or i will have to waste half a day to get it.

2) I will be starting on the 1st of December and will be visiting tawang/ Ziro around 8-9th Of december. Would you recommend going to these places in this weather?

3) I am running a bit short of time so may be able to include only one out of Tawang or Ziro. Which one do you recommend? Any other places which you find are a must visit in the region. Thanks in advance.
Old 28th November 2016, 23:58   #35
Team-BHP Support

Hi ToyotaFan, please find my comments in-line below -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Hi Blackpearl. I am planning a trip to Arunachal Pradesh Tawang / Ziro from Delhi. I will like to know a few things.

1) Can the permit be obtained online? Google seems to suggest a link but i wanted to know if the online permit is valid or i will have to waste half a day to get it.

No idea about online permit. I have heard that permit can be arranged from Kolkata office, but no idea if the same can done from Delhi. Also I don't think you could get it done before 1st December. It is better to reach the Tezpur permit office early and request the officer. If there is not too much rush you might be lucky to get the permit quickly instead of waiting half a day.

2) I will be starting on the 1st of December and will be visiting tawang/ Ziro around 8-9th Of december. Would you recommend going to these places in this weather?

There might be snowfall in Sela Pass. Though the army clears it on a regular basis, it is still better to get weather updates beforehand.

3) I am running a bit short of time so may be able to include only one out of Tawang or Ziro. Which one do you recommend? Any other places which you find are a must visit in the region. Thanks in advance.

I have not been to Ziro, so can't comment on this. Sorry for that.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 29th November 2016 at 00:00.
Old 29th November 2016, 09:45   #36
BHPian

Please do see my comments given inline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post

I don't think you can get online but via post Yes. Refer: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post4052903. But I feel its already late for postal way (needs about 10 days).
If you have any friends in Arunachal Pradesh/Guwahati, you can send the scanned copy of IDs and get it done by them - we got one for my cousin who came late into the party

Oh yes. Just make sure you have plenty of warm clothes (even for sleeping - power cuts are the way of life in Arunachal Pradesh, which means no room warmers)

3) I am running a bit short of time so may be able to include only one out of Tawang or Ziro. Which one do you recommend? Any other places which you find are a must visit in the region.

Tawang is better, unless you want to visit the Aptani village. Ziro is a valley whereas Tawang is mountain. There are more to see in Tawang than in Ziro.

Thanks in advance.
kozhissery is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 20:41   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Day 7 : Tawang - Zemithang and back
Distance : 92 Kms each way
Wonderful narration there BlackPearl.
Your travelogue has all thats desired of a log: details, distances, descriptions and to top it all, wonderful snaps.

I'm planning a trip to the NOrth East starting 16 Dec and your travelogue was really very helpful in making decision of places to visit.

Keep revving
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 12:55   #38
BHPian

Awesome dada...
Superb pics, nicely described.. falling in love with the Thar..
Lastly the storm experience is awesome..
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks