Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2015, 15:55   #16
BHPian

Re: Darjeeling for Dummies

Hey Samrat,

A nice, crisp, short & sweet Travelogue there with some lovely snaps that makes me Nostalgic !!

Glad you had a wonderful time in the short getaway that you had planned. I guess your planning must have been redlining your stress levels to the core and that after coming back from a 3 Day Darjeeling Road Trip, you must be feeling like taking another break. At least I can vouch for myself feeling like that for sure !!

But the fact that you were daring enough to break the jinx of making your debut impromptu trip to the hills in such a short time is commendable. Believe me it will keep calling you back again and again here onwards.

Hope to catch up with you soon to share your experience in person.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 22:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Congratulations on your maiden drive to the hills in your Ecosport.
Hopefully this would be the first of many trips that you enjoy in each others company.
Thanks a ton ! Like Samba said, i have already been bitten by the himalayan bug, so there is no looking back now

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Took me on a nostalgic trip down memory lane, especially after I saw the photos of the roads I learnt driving on and of my alma mater, which you've stupendously captured.

Glad to know you enjoyed your trip thoroughly without any nuisance from the locals, which is quite common when they see non-Darjeeling vehicles. Rated a thoroughly deserved 5!
Thank you so much. I envy you for growing up in such a lovely place and your alma mater seems to be straight out of the movies !
I was also worried about any possible nuisances from locals, especially after reading bhpian partha's TL, but luckily i had pleasant experience especially with the local police who guided me whenever i needed help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Samfromindia .. that's a really good travelogue!
Great pics and collection of information - surely going to act as go-to thread for Darjeeling lovers!!
Was a little disappointed to see the end of the 'story', was hoping to see a few more pics
Hope to lay hands on Sikkim thread soon!
Glad that you liked my TL. I agree that the ending was a bit hurried and could have been better, I hardly find time these days. On last day we were so tired that we could barely click pics especially after Mirik. Sikkim thread may come up at end of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Hey Samrat,

A nice, crisp, short & sweet Travelogue there with some lovely snaps that makes me Nostalgic !!

Glad you had a wonderful time in the short getaway that you had planned. I guess your planning must have been redlining your stress levels to the core and that after coming back from a 3 Day Darjeeling Road Trip, you must be feeling like taking another break. At least I can vouch for myself feeling like that for sure !!

But the fact that you were daring enough to break the jinx of making your debut impromptu trip to the hills in such a short time is commendable. Believe me it will keep calling you back again and again here onwards.

Hope to catch up with you soon to share your experience in person.
Thanks a ton AJ ! Without your help & guidance this trip wouldn't have been so smooth sailing for sure. Right from giving me tips on hill driving to the choice of roads, where to stop and have lunch & which hotel to stay in my budget. More than that you have been like my big brother always calling me up by yourself and making sure i don't run into problems. How many people would do that ?
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 03:48   #18
BHPian

Congrats Sam for your initiation to the "height of driving", i.e. driving in the Himalayas! I am sure your red hot beauty will drag you back up there many more times. Nice write up and beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.
psurelia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 19:06   #19
BHPian

Great feat Samrat!
Your maiden road trip to the Himalayas couldn't be documented in a better Travelogue.
First bite of Himalayas are followed by deeper and sweeter ones so be prepared for them.
I am sure you had enjoyed every moment of your trip.
Loved reading through each line of your TL and we are eagerly waiting for more. So best wishes for all your upcoming ventures and congratulations for completely this one without any hiccups.
lovecars21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 21:19   #20
BHPian

Awesome and crisp travelogue. Thanks for the information as well
ultimatechamp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks