Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 14:00   #16
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Crosswinds - A Biker Honeymoon in New Zealand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post

We basically did a full loop of the south island (well almost!). Only wish I had a week more to cover the whole south island in its entirety.
Wow...eagerly awaiting Queenstown part
Old 20th August 2015, 15:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
[center]The journey to 'Middle Earth'​
Hey Praful
Congratulations on your wedding and this beautiful travelogue. You have explored the country in the perfect manner. Great writing and amazing pictures. Later in the post, can you share the detail of expenses incurred. Even better to know that you were able to find vegetarian food which is a big concern for veggies on such overseas trip (including me).

Looking forward to further details. thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 16:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Awesome, awesome report! Must be awesome to plan and travel to such a lovely location with your loved one.

Very nice pics!!
Thanks man !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
Praful,

An excellent writeup and the pictures are wonderful too. Biking around lovely NZ would probably be so much more fun than driving around NZ (Which is something I did way back during my honeymoon too, have a Team BHP travelogue lying around as well).

Wish you many enjoyable miles travelling new countries and a lovely married life.

Regards
Premjit
Thank you Premjit. I must thank you, your trip log last year kindda re-affirmed that NZ has to be the destination for us. Not sure if you remember, but we exchanged a few PM's as well regarding a few questions I had.

Biking was indeed fun, but there were days we wished we had the comfort of four wheels. More on that later in the Tlog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
Amazing Praful, a very belated congratulations but here s wishing you both the very best ! The pictures and the write up just makes me want to do it too !

The BnB is simply classic, a feeling much better than any luxury hotel i guess. I will be contacting you soon.
Thank you so much !! BnB's are way better than overpriced hotels any day. Plus the added bonus is to meet and interact with locals.

But I must confess, I did stay in hotels too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil_KP View Post
Superb Narration Praful. Excellent pictures which shows how beautiful the land down under is (ANZ). What makes it even more special is when your partner is on the same page as you in such excursions . Luckily i'm blessed with same & I'm planning something for year end.

The pic which talks about the view from your uncle's house is mind blowing. If such is the case for all, why would anyone hate their relatives
Thank you! NZ is truly stunning, the diverse views it has to offer are unparalleled. We are glad to have made the decision for NZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post
Brilliant write up . You have written it so well that I was visualizing all of the stuff you have written. Cant wait for the next ! And Congratulations !!
Thank you. My job keeps me a little too occupied over the weekdays. Will definitely by trying to do the next day's log over the coming weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nempuguru View Post
Truly amazing. Rated five stars.

Your wife rightly said "In later stages of life, one will be more disappointed with the things not done, than the things done".

Salute to you for accomplishing dream NZ road-trip by listening to your heart and convincing your mind.
Thanks a lot !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Hey Praful
Congratulations on your wedding and this beautiful travelogue. You have explored the country in the perfect manner. Great writing and amazing pictures. Later in the post, can you share the detail of expenses incurred. Even better to know that you were able to find vegetarian food which is a big concern for veggies on such overseas trip (including me).

I have mentioned a brief estimate of how much it would cost in the intial planning posts. The only fixed expenses are flights and visa, the rest like stay, food and travel are totally dependent on you. Of course the seaon also matter, the prices are higher in summers as compared to winters.

Vegetarian food was available, as long as you willing to compromise with pasta's, pizza's and sandwiches. And a lot of sweet stuff for breakfast, as opposed to our aloo paratha and masala dosa adapted palates! Lol! The best way and works our a lot cheaper is cook on your own as much as possible. Most BnB's will offer basic kitchen facilities which can be used. And that will work out a LOT cheaper than eating too. But doing that was not feasible on the bike as we just didn't have the space to carry food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
Wow...eagerly awaiting Queenstown part
Ah Queenstown, there was so much planned and so little happened. I am definitely going back there, so much to do but we had so little time!!
praful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 01:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Later in the post, can you share the detail of expenses incurred. Even better to know that you were able to find vegetarian food which is a big concern for veggies on such overseas trip (including me).

Vegetarian food is very much available.If you try a little there are Indian restaurants as well. Since Queenstown is coming up next in this amazing write up , there is a food court in queenstown which serves Indian dishes(though less spicy), the name of the stall is Sangam.

To give you an idea two pieces on Naan and one plate of paneer costed around 20 NZD. I even found a bengali(Bangladeshi origin) restaurant as well in Christchurch by the name 'Nobanno'.

@Praful:Lovely post, lovely pictures and many Congrats. Waiting for pictures from the Gondola ride in queenstown.

Last edited by saion666 : 21st August 2015 at 01:46.
saion666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 09:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Awesome travelogue!
I don't read much of these but your style made me read the whole!
Old 21st August 2015, 09:13   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on your marraige
Man, what great set of pics and what a bike!
Please keep it updated.
Old 21st August 2015, 16:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
@Praful:Lovely post, lovely pictures and many Congrats. Waiting for pictures from the Gondola ride in queenstown.
I forgot that in my previous post, actually Indian and Thai restaurants came to our rescue more than once. Because after a while we were craving for some spice

Thank you, Gondola ride pics is still a few days away. I still have to get through to days 3-6 logs before I reach Queenstown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Awesome travelogue!
I don't read much of these but your style made me read the whole!
Thank you so much. Comments like these keep me from getting lazy and writing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyKing_775 View Post
Congratulations on your marraige
Man, what great set of pics and what a bike!
Please keep it updated.
Thank you. I do wish this bike gets launched in India someday. Will be perfect for our roads !!!
Old 21st August 2015, 17:06   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I love the way your "honey" boosted you to do this bike trip. My hats off to her spirit. Does she ride? Or was she just a pillion?

Nice to know easy availability of vegetarian food
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 11:59   #24
BHPian

Praful, an excellent write up!
And great photos . . I liked the YouTube videos as well...
I recently got married and am looking for honeymoon options, and thank you for bringing this piece in! I shall be in touch with you if we zero in on this....
-Cheers
rokindotnish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 15:10   #25
BHPian

That is an excellent detailed write up Praful about your trip.
Nice pictures.

Looks like you guys had an amazing time visiting down under.

Cheers.
embee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 12:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

whatte idea.

A new journey of life, in a new interesting way.

Amazing initiative. Incase you have end up with a child from this honeymoon, he/she would be the coolest kid around the block

Keep on riding.
cheers,
ac
ac 427 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 15:54   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations and thanks for sharing a wonderful travelogue!

Been two weeks, where's the next update?
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 17:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where to go ?

my wife chanced upon a article about motorcycle trips in New Zealand and she was already more than convinced.
Congratulations on the Wedding!

And you are one lucky guy! Insane memory for life! All thanks to the support from your wife...please pass on the appreciation to her in case she is not reading. Great show buddy!
KSM-Vtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 23:35   #29
BHPian

Wow. Congratulations for the trip and hearty wishes for your happy married life.
anupamtiwari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 15:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

Apologies for the delays guys, stuck with work on the weekdays and family stuff over the weekend. Plus stuck with the next video to edit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
I love the way your "honey" boosted you to do this bike trip. My hats off to her spirit. Does she ride? Or was she just a pillion?

Nice to know easy availability of vegetarian food
Yes she rides, but managing a 250+ kg bike is another ballgame, so only I was riding.

Vegetarian was not easy, it was just available. Sometimes it took some work finding food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokindotnish View Post
Praful, an excellent write up!
And great photos . . I liked the YouTube videos as well...
I recently got married and am looking for honeymoon options, and thank you for bringing this piece in! I shall be in touch with you if we zero in on this....
-Cheers
Thank you so much !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
That is an excellent detailed write up Praful about your trip.
Nice pictures.

Looks like you guys had an amazing time visiting down under.

Cheers.
Thanks a lot !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
whatte idea.

A new journey of life, in a new interesting way.

Amazing initiative. Incase you have end up with a child from this honeymoon, he/she would be the coolest kid around the block

Keep on riding.
cheers,
ac
Thanks and lol nothing of that sort happened, I can assure you of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Congratulations and thanks for sharing a wonderful travelogue!

Been two weeks, where's the next update?
Thank you, I hope I can squeeze in sometime this weekend to complete the next set of logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Congratulations on the Wedding!

And you are one lucky guy! Insane memory for life! All thanks to the support from your wife...please pass on the appreciation to her in case she is not reading. Great show buddy!
Thank you and she does read

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamtiwari View Post
Wow. Congratulations for the trip and hearty wishes for your happy married life.
Thanks a lot !!
praful is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks