Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2015, 00:26   #46
BHPian

Re: Chhattisgarh Chronicles

"Think of your life as a waterfall; it may come crashing down at some point, it may have its ups and downs, but in the end, it will continue to flow."

That's quite an insight there pal ! I always wanted to go to Chitrakote and i also planned a trip. But that time there was a state wide alert on naxal activities. So had to cancel the plan. And it has never dawned on me again.
Old 4th September 2015, 20:51   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
Basis your advice, Booked the tents Online today. And yes your assumption of me being a carnivoure is bang on and am damn sure the food spread will be awesome there as per what you have written here. Thanks again. Will PM you for more details on the route. Don't want to hijack this wonderful thread with my travel plan related posts.
Good decision buddy. Tell the hosts at Kanker to get some Kadaknath chicken (black rooster) in advance as last minute procurement can be a bother. The current heir Jolly is a chef himself and can cook up a storm. Instead of working through PM's I would prefer a route discussion here so that its on the public forum and can help others too.
Old 5th September 2015, 16:25   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
"Think of your life as a waterfall; it may come crashing down at some point, it may have its ups and downs, but in the end, it will continue to flow."

That's quite an insight there pal ! I always wanted to go to Chitrakote and i also planned a trip. But that time there was a state wide alert on naxal activities. So had to cancel the plan. And it has never dawned on me again.
Thanks buddy. I guess its time to lay your apprehensions to rest and work on planning a trip as soon as possible...just stay away from Sukma and also from cops and politicians!
Old 5th September 2015, 19:14   #49
BHPian

Uploading am image of the tribal bow and arrow quiver that I bought off from near Tirathgarh. The bow is entirely made up of bamboo with even the bowstring made of stripped bamboo and the string used to tie it up is the bark of a near by tree. The guys mentioned that the set is almost 75-80 yrs old.
The arrows are tipped with heavy iron tips attached to a straight bamboo shaft finished off neatly with eagle feathers. The quiver is a simple bamboo carved hollow to accommodate the arrows with a strap fashioned out of tree bark.

Normally the bowstring is pulled off the bow when not in use since it may lose elasticity however it seemed very difficult and i told him to keep it strung on.

Chhattisgarh Chronicles-20150824_090207.jpg
nix1976in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 15:51   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
Good decision buddy. Tell the hosts at Kanker to get some Kadaknath chicken (black rooster) in advance as last minute procurement can be a bother. The current heir Jolly is a chef himself and can cook up a storm. Instead of working through PM's I would prefer a route discussion here so that its on the public forum and can help others too.
Thanks Nik. As stated earlier i Plan to do a Thane to Nagpur drive - Non Stop. Plan to Visit a Friend's place there and hence going through Nagpur. Which will be the best route from Thane to Nagpur ? is the question that i am currently struggling with. Option 1 -Thane - Nashik - Dhule- Amrvati- Nagpur, Option 2- Thane -Ghoti- Sinnar- Aurangabad-Amravati- Nagpur, Option 3 Thane-Pune Exp Way- Chakan-Aurangabad-Amravati-Nagpur. Need help on this.

The Monsoon Revival this month, Thanks to the depression in Bay of Bengal has turned out to be a boon for Not only the Parched central lands of India but also for our Trip, Keeping my fingers crossed that we would still get to witness the Falls at its near full glory.
Old 18th September 2015, 16:54   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Nik. As stated earlier i Plan to do a Thane to Nagpur drive - Non Stop. Plan to Visit a Friend's place there and hence going through Nagpur. Which will be the best route from Thane to Nagpur ? is the question that i am currently struggling with. Option 1 -Thane - Nashik - Dhule- Amrvati- Nagpur, Option 2- Thane -Ghoti- Sinnar- Aurangabad-Amravati- Nagpur, Option 3 Thane-Pune Exp Way- Chakan-Aurangabad-Amravati-Nagpur. Need help on this.
Hey buddy...initially I also struggled with the route to Nagpur since the road via Nashik till Dhule is "Makkhan" however am told after that the road via Jalgaon is in horrible condition and now with the Kumbh mela on till the end of this month venturing anywhere near Igatpuri /Ghoti / Nashik seems to be implausible.

I have done the Chakan-Mehkar-Karanja- Amravati route twice now and can vouch for the fact that even the Nagar and Jalna bypass are in good condition. So essentially except for a 10-12 kms stretch near Sindkhed Raja the entire route is in a fair to good condition as of last month.

Regards,
Old 27th September 2015, 18:13   #52
BHPian

I am all set to start the trip on 30th Sep-15. On the way back from Chitrakoot falls to Mumbai, thinking if I should go via Nanded. Stay at Nanded for a Night, visit Langar Sahib Gurudwara and then proceed to Mumbai via Ahmednagar. On google Maps can see that NH 16 connects Nanded from Chattisgarh Side. Will be great full if anyone can share valuable inputs on this route. Primary Concern is on If the Route is safe to travel ?
Old 28th September 2015, 22:04   #53
BHPian

Godspeed buddy. Avinash would be the best person to advise on the safety of the route to Nanded. The Chitrakote falls seem to be in full spate now so you are in for a treat. By the way, if you come across chapda (red ant chutney) pls do get a wee bit...I am dying to sample some
nix1976in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 18:26   #54
BHPian

Quote:
I am all set to start the trip on 30th Sep-15.
Hey Buddy, are u back from your trip? Pls do update us with a log of your own.
Old 22nd December 2015, 13:57   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Avenger, The place is as safe as they come all over India. Its just the baggage that the past carries which scares us but once we take the plunge and avoid the infamous places its like any other state. The people are warm and friendly and the cuisine is delicious. From Bhilai its like a weekend drive through some lovely roads. Take the plunge I say!
Hi Nikhil,

Thanks to your wonderful travelogue, which kept me hooked for the visit to this lovely place. We have booked the cottages for 27th December and am looking forward to the trip.

I will be driving from Bhilai (my in laws place). I am looking forward to advice on the best route - google maps shows 02 routes to join to NH 43. The first one is through NH7 and durg, joining NH 43 after Dhamtari. The other route is NH 6 and then NH 43. As am new to this area is there any recommended route, also what about petrol pumps/rest areas on these roads - am going with family and kids, driving my FIL's Ritz Vxi.

Excited, but tense also and hoping we have a safe drive !!

Avenger_123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 17:31   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger_123 View Post
Hi Nikhil,
I will be driving from Bhilai (my in laws place). I am looking forward to advice on the best route - google maps shows 02 routes to join to NH 43. The first one is through NH7 and durg, joining NH 43 after Dhamtari. The other route is NH 6 and then NH 43.
Hey Buddy...Since I came in from Nagpur, I turned off NH6 from Rajnandgaon to join Dhamtari onwards to Kanker so I am not in the know of the correct route from Bhilai towards Dhamtari. RavenAvi would be the best person to advice on the same. Pls tag him here so that he gets an alert.

Pls do not be tense...Chattisgarh is like any other state with a mix of good and bad roads. As long as you avoid the Sukma-Bhadrachalam areas its all good

Regards,

Last edited by nix1976in : 22nd December 2015 at 17:34.
Old 23rd December 2015, 19:21   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Avoid the Sukma - Konta - Bhadrachalam route completely. The diversion via Visakhapatnam/Vizianagaram is much safer, and the roads are fantastic.
Tagging Avinash here...

Hey Avi...pls revert to Avengers query above regarding the best route from Bhilai to Dhamatari.

Last edited by nix1976in : 23rd December 2015 at 19:23.
Old 24th December 2015, 14:03   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tagging Avinash here...

Hey Avi...pls revert to Avengers query above regarding the best route from Bhilai to Dhamatari.
Quote:
RavenAvi would be the best person to advice on the same. Pls tag him here so that he gets an alert.
Thanks nix1976in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger_123 View Post
I will be driving from Bhilai (my in laws place). I am looking forward to advice on the best route - google maps shows 02 routes to join to NH 43. The first one is through NH7 and durg, joining NH 43 after Dhamtari. The other route is NH 6 and then NH 43. As am new to this area is there any recommended route, also what about petrol pumps/rest areas on these roads - am going with family and kids, driving my FIL's Ritz Vxi.

Excited, but tense also and hoping we have a safe drive !!
Avenger_123,

If you are coming from Bhilai, best to take the diversion near Durg and come out and join NH43 after Dhamtari, as that will save at least 2-3 hours of your journey. The roads are good and there are no nasty surprises anywhere.

Some rough patches will greet you as you cross the Keskal ghats, but they are negotiable. Once you cross Kondagaon and reach Bhanpuri, take a right to divert towards Chitrakote. My suggestion is to make this trip during daytime, as drunken locals litter up the Bhanpuri-Chitrakote diversion after dark.

All roads and National Highways leading to Jagdalpur/Chitrakote from the north are completely safe. Don't worry and have a pleasant trip.

All the best. Hoping to see your travelogue with lots of details. If you plan to visit Jagdalpur, do give me a holler and I will be more than happy to guide you through the city.
Old 9th December 2020, 15:53   #59

Route query- Drive Mumbai - Parbhani - Jagdalpur

Hi,

Need help.

My wife and I are planning to drive from Mumbai to Jagdalpur (Chattisgarh) and then onwards to Kolkata (2600Km). I wish to visit Kanger Valley National Park at Jagdalpur. Will be driving Maruti Suzuki Brezza (Petrol).

The route I have thought about is -
Jogeswari – Eastern Expswy – Nasik Expswy - Ahmednagar – NH 752 / NH 848 – Parbhani – NH 63- Kaleswaram – Jagdalpur.

My querries :
a) Is the road condition drive worthy. From previous posts I recall, the road is good upto Parbhani. Can't figure out how it is beyond.

b) I plan to do night halts at Parbhani (Day1) and Kaleswaram (Haritha Hotel) Day 2. Are these choices good. And are these places safe specially Kaleswaram.

Appreciate guidance and advice since there is very little info on the net once you go beyond Parbhani.
Thanks!

Regards,
Old 19th December 2020, 10:20   #60
BHPian

Re: Route query- Drive Mumbai - Parbhani - Jagdalpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad_ccu View Post

The route I have thought about is -
Jogeswari – Eastern Expswy – Nasik Expswy - Ahmednagar – NH 752 / NH 848 – Parbhani – NH 63- Kaleswaram – Jagdalpur
The road marked on google maps as NH63 between Sironcha(MH) and Bhopalpatnam (CG) does not exist. Its an abandoned dirt trail through forest. Also the status of the bridge on indravati river near bhopalpatnam is also not known. (It was under construction). Also the area aroud Bhopalpatnam are considered to be disturbed areas. Considering there are better options, this route is not recommened to travel with family.

The best route would be Mumbai-Hyderabad-Bhadrachalam-Konta-Sukma-Jagdalpur. You can do Mumbai-Hyderabad on Day 1 and the remaining on Day 2. The Konta-Sukma stretch was in bad shape for many years. However the last post in this thread points to some information which says the road is ok now. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ote-falls.html (Hyderabad - Chitrakote Falls). You can post your question in the above thread to get more information on this route.

The next best route would be Mumbai-Nagpur-Rajnandgaon-Kanker-Jagdalpur. You can refer to the relevant thresds to get current status of roads in this route.

Hope this helps.
Landkruzer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks