Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2015, 17:19   #106
BHPian

Re: Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata

Great photographs of ladakh . Excellent narration of events and daily trips. Amazing convoy of 6 cars from Kolkata. I would have been fun, excellent coordination, secure feeling and very good camaraderie among the group.

4X4 Off-roader (Thar), SUV (Scorpio), Sedan (Toyota Etios) and hatch backs (Figo, Swift and Figo). What a combination of cars in the convoy?! You had all that is required to bail you out of trouble if there were one. Happily there were none for you. Thank you for sharing your lovely experiences.
AutoInt is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 18:47   #107
BHPian

Re: Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata

Ah!! another Leh thread, my favourite topic in TBhp. Awesome photography, lovely narration kept me glued to the Laptop for over two hours. Leh has always been my best driving destination. Sharing one of the picture of my last visit in Oct 2014, hope you guys like it too. Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-picture1.jpg

The last visit to Ladakh added "the first Double click" to my already visited places marked on map which i have pasted on the bonnet of my fortuner. Upper half, ie. North and Nort Easten areas of the map, is almost full of "tick" marks as i already completed most of the places from Ladakh to Western Arunachal (in phases) less the naxalism affected areasSailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-picture2.jpg
naveendagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 15:10   #108
BHPian

Lovely pics and idea, reminds me of my drive to Leh and places around. Even did a pre wedding shoot at this place !Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-10379770_10152604858788436_1145715979057188755_o.jpg
adi_sun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 02:30   #109
BHPian

Brilliant write-up and equally tempting pictures. The details would definitely help Kolkata people who want to conquer Ladakh(counting me in too :P). I must say, this is one of the best Ladakh travelogues I've come across in TBHP till date. Enjoyed reading it.
Hats-off to Arav Da for continuing the journey with an injured foot, you surely have a lot of confidence within you.

Regards,
Swapnil
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 19:30   #110
BHPian

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata

DAY 12 : Leh to Hanle

In continuation from Post # 98 on Page 7

Though we could have made it to Hanle from Pangong itself through the road that drives through Chusul, some of our High GC Cars were running on Low Mileage and thus we decided to drive to Hanle from Leh. It was now time to fill up the empty Jerry Cans (which we were carrying from Kolkata) with a minimum of 40 Ltrs. of fuel which would be requiring hereafter in our return journey from Hanle to Tsomoriri to Keylong as there are no Petrol Pumps on this route and seeking to source Fuel in black would not have been the best of ideas for 6 Cars travelling together. Moreover, we had to collect our Permits for Hanle from Leh. Cost of the Permit if I clearly remember was Rs.500/= per person.

The Part II of the Ladakh trip where we mainly explored the unexplored zones of the Ladakh Region which usually the general tourist does not visit. Whereas the drive all around Ladakh is scenic and picturesque, there is a special element of colours which make this last leg of the trip memorable over the rest. I would let the pictures do the talking :

Setting sail from Leh Town :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.1.jpg

Capturing Indra's Scorpio in what seems to be it's natural habitat :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.2.jpg

The fun of driving on roads which less exist :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.3.jpg

Lost count of the number of such bridges that we had crossed till now :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.4.jpg

A dash of colours ..... it's just the beginning :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.5.jpg

Sharing a frame with Rana's Punto with the picturesque backdrop :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.6.jpg

Seems to be an edited snap; nopes it's all so natural :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.7.jpg

A recent happening I guess, a rock fallen on the road :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.8.jpg

Certain stretches where no roads exists :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.9.jpg

Some stretches where you can even drive blindfolded !! But who wants to miss the beauty around :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.10.jpg

The convoy in action :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.11.jpg

Gazing at the arrow straight uninhabited road :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.12.jpg

The beauty starts to unfold :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.13.jpg

Figo posing off-road :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.14.jpg

Picture Courtesy - Rana (our beloved Black Punto) :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.14a.jpg

BHPian Avrendu's Thar always looks awesome, just that it looks better with it's Rear Wheel Spinning some Dust around :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.15.jpg

Going past the Chicane :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.16.jpg

BHPian SouraC's Swift looking awesome :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.17.jpg

Aha ... Aha Bring it on :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.18.jpg

Figo posing before the Rocky yet Silky Mountains :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.19.jpg

The Desert Roads :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.20.jpg

A galloping Wild Ass was trying to catch up with our pace :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.21.jpg

These are not shadows !! Yes these are natural mountain colours :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.22.jpg

Reaching the town of Hanle, saw the Board which would lead us to our Homestay :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.23.jpg

A visit to the Hanle Observatory :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.24.jpg

Unfortunately the Hanle Observatory was under maintenance at the time of our visit. But, they let us in to have a look around and understand how things work. However, this did not let us down as the location itself was amazing and we were at an altitude of around (over) 15,000 Fts.

The views from the Observatory :

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.25.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.26.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.27.jpg

A momentary snap for all the riding enthusiasts :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d12.28.jpg

We headed back to our homestay at Hanle from the observatory and sipped on a couple of cups of some piping hot Tea (best we got in the trip) made by Mrs. Padma, the co-owner of our Homestay. The town of Hanle is a very small township with a cluster of houses in it. The 9 of us had to manage in 2 rooms due to the scarcity of accommodation available. But, this in itself was a fantastic experience.

We were expecting Hanle to be cold !! Colder than any of the places in Ladakh we had visited so far; but it was colder than that we had expected. Meanwhile BHPian Samba & our buddy Samya headed out for some night photography bearing the chill outside, the rest of just just got into our room and chatted with Mr. Suman(the owner of the homestay). Got to know that in winters the temperature usually drops down to -16 degress but for them, it's nothing new and life moves on the way it's supposed to !! Kudos to them !!

That particular night the temperature was around 5-6 degrees at night and it was freezing cold. Though we did noit require to wear thermals, we needed to take care of our cars so that they start up the following morning without much hassles. So we all headed out in the cold and started our engines and kept it on for around 10-15 minutes or so. After that myself & Rana (with his Punto) covered the engine compartment of our cars to block the air flow with thick (high GSM) Gunny Bags and covered/wrapped the batteries as well to be on the safer side.

Toll Paid for the Day : Nothing
Stay At Hanle: Padma Homestay
, Link provided on Page 2

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 12th October 2015 at 23:49. Reason: Incomplete
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 19:32   #111
BHPian

DAY 13 : Hanle to Tsomoriri

There was no issue with any car while cold starting them in the morning and we left our Homestay after a sumptuous breakfast.

Came across this bunch of birds while leaving Hanle :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.1.jpg

Posing on :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.2.jpg

A Classic shot of BHPian Avrndu's THAR :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.3.jpg

The Punto and the Figo were revvingly fast and they went way ahead the convoy not realizing the fact that we were heading in the wrong direction; heading towards the INDIA-CHINA Border. We even stopped on the way when we could not see anyone and just gave each other a smirking smile !! A momentary snap :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.10.jpg

We again kept on moving in the direction wrongly chosen by us till the time we suddenly saw BHPian Samba sprinting towards us with his Headlight On and blinking. He slowed us down and made us realize that we were just 5 Kms away from the Border. In Fact, we have taken the wrong route and driven approximately 10-15 Kms. Wasted around 40 Minutes in this process !! Headed back to where the group was, where we got all of those stares and glares ending up in .... laughters

Have you seen such clouds before ?? I have not ..... :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.6.jpg

Some pictures Enroute Tsomoriri :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.4.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.5.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.7.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.9.jpg

The Wild Ass giving that ambiguous stare :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.8.jpg

Winding Roads :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.11.jpg

The team driving through :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.12.jpg

Spirited Samba enjoying the drive :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.13.jpg

Peek-a-Boo .... there is something ahead :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.14.jpg

A lake, but that not Tso Moriri, but yet so beautiful :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.15.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.16.jpg

A Happy Man !! Happiness is in what you do or love doing :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.17.jpg

Broken Roads enroute TsoMoriri Lake which can now be sighted in the far end :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.18.jpg

The colours at TsoMoriri :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.19.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.20.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.21.jpg

The Figo posing before the TsoMoriri Lake :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.22.jpg

Through the inner roads finding our Hotel :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.23.jpg

Not a pleasurable drive :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.24.jpg

Some select pictures of the view from our room :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.25.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.26.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.27.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.28.jpg

Sunset at TsoMoriri from our Room :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d13.29.jpg

It was extremely cold in Tso Moriri.I opted to wear my thermals which I was carrying. On top of which 2 more layers kept me away from the cold. In the meantime, Samba started to feel sick with the lack of oxygen. This is when the Portable Oxygen Cylinders bought from Leh @ Rs.450/= came in very handy. Samba was also carry an oxymeter with him which helped him understand the amount of oxygen that he required in his body to feel stable again.

Intelligently Samba was carrying a portable room heater as well which did wonders and complimented the situation very well. I was blessed to be his roommate !!

It was time to repeat the act of Hanle of starting our engines and keeping it on for around 10-15 minutes or so. After that myself & Rana (with his Punto) covered the engine compartment of our cars to block the air flow with thick (high GSM) Gunny Bags and covered/wrapped the batteries as well to be on the safer side yet once again.

Toll Paid for the Day : Nothing At All
Stay At Tsomoriri : Hotel Lake View
, Link previously shared on Page 2

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 12th October 2015 at 23:59. Reason: Incomplete
Old 12th October 2015, 19:34   #112
BHPian

DAY 14 : Tsomoriri to Keylong (Himachal Pradesh)

We were dreading this drive !! This was going to be taxing one, moreover not knowing how far we could make it. But, the spirits were high driving through "no road" roads till now and we were ready to take it on. We left Tsomoriri early and planned to at least reach Jispa today evening and spend the night there.

The beauty of TsoMoriri was calling us back :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.1.jpg

Snow on the land is it ??
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.3.jpg

No !! Those are some mineral salts :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.4.jpg

The Figo does manages these roads well, unhurt :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.16.jpg

On the way to Pang :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.5.jpg

This bridge where the metal sheets making the surface had slided out and we had to negotiate our 14" wheels on the exposed metal bars or else our cars would have got stuck :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.6.jpg
For the Thar & the Scorpio it was a piece of cakewalk !

Stopped before Sarchu to grab a quick bite in one of the tents during midday. Egg 'n Cheese Maggi was all that we required to pump us up for the remaining part of the journey :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.8.jpg

Checked out the accommodation that they provided :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.7.jpg

Looking back as we approached Sarchu :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.9.jpg

The Punto whistling past by on the lower road :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.10.jpg

The Cars resting at Sarchu Checkpost before entering the state of Himachal :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.11.jpg

Beautiful :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.12.jpg

The Cursed House :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.13.jpg

Some Patches of broken roads enroute Jispa :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.14.jpg

BHPian Samba at his wits :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d14.15.jpg

As we reached Jispa, we realized that we were on schedule and that we could have made it to Keylong without wasting any time what so ever. Furthermore, we now had Mobile Connectivity which we did not have in the past 48 hours and just took a short break to inform family back home that everything was fine with us and informed them about our plans for the day.

Now there was no looking back and we simply headed to our Hotel in Keylong. The after dark drive was pleasant as the roads were now good. Our Hotel was in the Keylong Town near the Bazaar area. So we had to get down and then again go up a steep slope with a few sharp hairpin bends. We were told by fellow travelers travelling in their compact SUVs that they needed to engage their 4WD or AWD for this slope up to the hotel and that it was a tricky one. However, all our cars flawlessly crawled up the slope without any hitches what so ever and I think using the support of a 4WD is just over rating the climb.

Toll Paid for the Day : Nothing At All
Stay At Keylong : Hotel Valley View

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 13th October 2015 at 00:52. Reason: Incomplete
Old 12th October 2015, 19:35   #113
BHPian

DAY 15 : Keylong to Manali

Woke up in the morning in Keylong to find greenery all around us which was a welcomed sight after being amongst the barrens in the Ladakh Region for over a week now. Sipping on a cup of Tea, relaxed as today's drive was a short one in comparison to the other days. The Destination was Manali !! We had all the time in hand to afford to be lazy and casual in our departure.

However, Rana's Punto had an issue with his engine guard which had to be fixed and BHPian SouraC's Swift had had a flat tyre the previous day which he had to get repaired. So I joined them and asked the rest of the team to carry on their journey without waiting for us. In the meanwhile, I also tried cleaning the K&N Air Filter on my Figo, but it was in a mess and needed a wash. However, I was carrying a stock air filter as a back up and decided to refit it myself. All this took a while and we had to catch up with the rest of the team enroute Rohtang Pass. But, we were in no hurry and decided to enjoy the drive in leisure.

I would let the pictures do the talking now :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.1.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.2.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.3.jpg

Country roads, take me home, to the place, where I belong :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.4.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.5.jpg

The Rohtang Climb :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.6.jpg

A junction where we did not know which road to take. "Any road would do" said a trucker. Even more confused we saw a biker coming down the steeper road and checked with him. Yes, this was a steeper yet a better road to take and we took it, the road on the right :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.7.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.8.jpg

The hatches parked on Rohtang Top :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.9.jpg

Posing with my Figo on Rohtang Top with my feet on the Tow Hook :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.10.jpg
Picture Courtesy - Rana (Punto)

The aggressive one of the lot also crossing Rohtang :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.11.jpg

On the top with the clouds :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.12.jpg

The road down from Rohtang :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.13.jpg

As i drove down this road, suddenly came across a point where i felt there was something wrong. Yes !! Rocks were falling and I had to wait there until the phenomena had taken some rest. Made my way through the scatter of rocks :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.14.jpg

The not so smart - he thought I was parked waiting like a fool !! Go get some common sense and some highway manners :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.15.jpg

Mesmerized by the greenery and the winding roads towards Manali. Looked Majestic :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.16.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.17.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.18.jpg

Halted by the heard of these mountain goats !! This particular one caught my eye :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.19.jpg

BHPian Avrendu's Thar at play :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.20.jpg

The team assembling before entering Manali :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.21.jpg

The first view of Manali :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.22.jpg

It's simply not called the place of Apples, just like that :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.23.jpg

Note : You can buy freshly plucked Green Apples or the Red Ones from any of the Apple Orchards @ just Rs.25/Kg. That's cheaper than a bottler of mineral water available at many places. We all bought approximately 5 Kgs each for ourselves to take back home for family.

However, do not buy the local apple juice etc. from anywhere else but the Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Counter. Ask for the counter for Bus Tickets, their outlet is just beside it. They sell Ready to Drink Apple Juice, Apple Juice Concentrate and a variety of pickles. Out of these I purchased a few bottles of the Ready to Drink Apple Juice, a few canisters of Apple Juice Concentrate and in pickles I picked up the local speciality named 'Lingri ka Achar'

It was a relaxing day at Manali and we though that it would be best to stroll around in the Mall for a bit before heading to one of my favourite places in Manali - Yes .... The Johnson's Cafe it is !!

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.24.jpg

Soup & Garlic Bread :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.25.jpg

The Trout Dish :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d15.26.jpg

A good day which ended superbly with a fantastic group dinner !!

Toll paid for the day : Nothing at All
Stay At Manali : Manali Lodge

DAY 16 : Manali to Karnal

Leaving Manali with a last glimpse of it's beauty that it always has on offer. The flowing Beas River :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d16.1.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-d16.2.jpg

We had planned to reach Delhi today, but unfortunately the extremely slow moving truck traffic all throughout Bilaspur and thereafter a delayed and prolonged Lunch Break, set us way behind our schedule and we only managed to reach Karnal.

Toll Paid for the Day : Nothing AT All
Stay At Karnal : Hotel Jewel Palace

DAY 17 : Karnal to Kanpur

I guess we were too complacent and relaxed after our visit to Ladakh. We left our Hotel at around 9:00am and paid a visit to Mayur Dhaba for their famous Chicken Parathas as suggested by Distinguished BHPian - SS Traveller. Never could I ever think that a dish like that would exist in any Menu Card and that also it was so unique and so tasty that it made the visit completely worth it, cherished and memorable. By the time we set off from Mayur Dhaba we were close to noon. On the other hand, BHPian JKDS was waiting for us in YEW for giving us company in the drive back to Kolkata with his wife and his BOLERO 4x4.

Too late a departure and we could only manage to check in to Kanpur whereas our original plan was to be at Allahabad tonight.

Toll Paid for the Day : Rs.844/=
Stay At Kanpur : The Attic Hotel
, Link previously provided on Page 2

DAY 18 : Kanpur to Kolkata

Again a 1000 Kms journey to conclude the trip !! What a beginning and what an end !! Though we wanted to avoid this situation, it had again cropped up and that we now had to deal with it. Extending the trip by another day was out of the question. Now that we were seasoned with the 1000 Kms drive in a day, driving back the same route was that much more easier though extremely tiring and taxing at the end whereby we had to compulsorily stock for a few Tea Breaks to keep us up and revving.

Toll Paid for the Day : Rs.1,030/=

I hope everyone enjoyed my contribution to this thread. I relived the memories while penning this down and it was really refreshing for me indeed. Thank you BHPians - Samba, Avrendu, SouraC & Rana & Indra for having me tag along with you guys for this Trip of a Lifetime !! Cheers to Life, our togetherness and the fun times that we have had all throughout this trip !!

A special vote of Thanks to all BHPian brothers who helped us out and encouraged us to make this trip possible against all odds and for giving us priceless pointers to carry out this trip smoothly.

Thanks a ton GTO for republishing this thread on the Homepage yet once again !!

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 13th October 2015 at 02:14. Reason: Incomplete
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 11:23   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Fantastic travelogue. I spent most of my afternoon glued to this. The pictures and the writing are absolutely superb. One of the best I've read in T-BHP. Thanks. You guys must have had the time of your lives.
I always wonder whether a hatch can do a Leh/Ladakh, but your Figo(and others) have proved the case.
Thanks mate !! Hatches and Sedans doing the Ladakh Circuit is not anything new on Team BHP, however one needs to be really careful and not over adventurous !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
Arav, These are some of the best Ladakh pictures I have seen so far! I did not know that you are such a brilliant photographer too!!!
psurelia you forgot one thing. I was travelling with a professional photographer and also sharing the room with him. The photographs are a outcome of that, which is a reflection of the training that I got all throughout the trip. I am still a novice at photography !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Brilliant narration and pictures Arav. This could well have been a separate travelogue. As I have said before, I will say it again, your Figo looks special with those subtle mods. Also, seeing the pic of your foot/ankle. Kudos to you for having the courage and tenacity to drive on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
Brilliant write-up and equally tempting pictures. The details would definitely help Kolkata people who want to conquer Ladakh(counting me in too :P). I must say, this is one of the best Ladakh travelogues I've come across in TBHP till date. Enjoyed reading it.
Hats-off to Arav Da for continuing the journey with an injured foot, you surely have a lot of confidence within you.

Swapnil
Thanks BlackPearl & Swapnil_Alto for the compliments !! Yeah my foot was in bad shape indeed. But the will to carry on and the passion just kept me going with the help of the entire team. Kudos to Team Ladakh for their love and support !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
First of all congrats to you and your better half for sharing the great news with us on the second paragraph of your post. (Post no 91)

Coming to the travelogue, its excellent narration with some mind-blowing photographs!

Kudos to you for completing the whole drive single-handedly with your hurt leg. As i shared the room with you, i knew how much pain you had to tolerate.

The below picture from your Figo perfectly matches your attitude.
Pic courtesy- Arghya Pan.
Attachment 1425178
Hey Samba !! Thanks for for the warm wishes and for sharing this special picture

The 'Jugalbandi' of my Figo with your Etios was special all throughout the trip. Want to share a momentary picture of the brothers in arms :

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-_mg_1812.jpg

It's been long, they deserve another run !!
Old 17th October 2015, 02:24   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post

Hey Samba !! Thanks for for the warm wishes and for sharing this special picture

The 'Jugalbandi' of my Figo with your Etios was special all throughout the trip. Want to share a momentary picture of the brothers in arms :

Attachment 1426664

It's been long, they deserve another run !!
Thanks and the above updates from Hanle to Manali via Tsomoriri and Keylong is just excellent with some mind-blowing pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
psurelia you forgot one thing. I was travelling with a professional photographer and also sharing the room with him. The photographs are a outcome of that, which is a reflection of the training that I got all throughout the trip. I am still a novice at photography !!
You are being too modest over here! You do take some excellent photographs and all the due credit goes to you!

Anyways how hard i may think that am done with sharing my last set of photographs but still few pics just pop up from my mobile clicks or few from my Dslr! I sincerely hope this will be my last set of pics from this trip and i wont bore the readers again with my pics! Rather will wait for Bhpian SouraC to share his excellent set of pics over here!

At Srinagar
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-1.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-2.jpg

At Sonmarg
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-3.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-4.jpg

The mighty Zojila
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-5.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-6.jpg

At Tangste.
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-7.jpg

At Pangong.
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-8.jpg

At Tsomoriri
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-9.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-10.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 17th October 2015 at 02:37.
Samba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 15:57   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
You are being too modest over here! You do take some excellent photographs and all the due credit goes to you!
Thanks Samba for those kind words !! But there is lot's to learn .... I hope you won't mind giving me your patented training sessions

If i clearly remember, this snap of mine was taken by you :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-12002190_10203733164328140_453287245647649069_n.jpg
Thanks .... this one was special !!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharing a video of the best stretch of Hill Roads that we got on our trip during our Ladakh Trip. This is between Drass to Leh - "Knocking on Heaven's Door" :

AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 21:14   #117
BHPian

Now I accept, Its toooo late to give update for your best road trip till date. I am truly sorry for this delay and ready to accept whatever you have to say.

As already Samba and AJ has covered every bits and pieces of our beautiful trip, I will not add anything on that front and make my submission as a Photologue. I hope everyone will forgive me after enjoying the pictures and videos.

I start with the Pictures of Srinagar

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-11.jpg

A few Pictures of the Beautiful Dal Lake

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-12.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-13.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-14.jpg

You will feel the urge to stay in one of this

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-15.jpg

Drive to Sonmarg is Pleasant and Refreshing

Pictures around Sonmarg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-16.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-17.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-18.jpg

Now before continuing further I am going to give the "REAL DISCLAIMER"

"Driving in these Roads are Much More Difficult than They Appear in the Videos or Pictures"

Zoji La Pictures

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-19.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-110.jpg

Reaching Zoji La Top without any problem is itself an Acheivement

No one should ever miss a well deserved break at Cafe Gumri

There was no relief from the Bad roads even after the break

Soon we reached The Kargil War Memorial at Drass

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-111.jpg

YOur Heart will break after seeing this

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-112.jpg

A MUST Read for All Indians

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-113.jpg

Our National Flag Flying High

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-114.jpg

The Eternal Flame

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-115.jpg

Now that's what we call a Road - A Beautiful Drive after Drass in 2x Speed

The View of Kargil Vallye

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-116.jpg

These were the Easiest Passes we have crossed in our Ladakh Trip

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-117.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-119.jpg

The Mighty Thar enjoying the View

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-118.jpg

Drive after Lamayaru

Although it was Dark when we reached Leh, but we were in time to enjoy the Arrow Straight Road before Leh

This is Part 1 of my Photologue, Next Part Will cover The Khardung La and Nubra.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th November 2015 at 07:03. Reason: Edited as per request
SouraC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 00:15   #118
BHPian

Part 2:

The Next Day was a rest Day and we did some local site seeing.

The View from our Hotel Rooms

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-21.jpg

Our Leh Home for coming few days

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-22.jpg

The Leh Valley

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-23.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-24.jpg

Deer in the middle of nowhere, quite unexpected

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-26.jpg

The confluence of Mighty Indus and The Zanskar

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-27.jpg

Yes we were at Leh

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-28.jpg

The Shanti Stupa

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-29.jpg

Leh is Beautiful at Night

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-210.jpg

Its Khardung La Time, we will Travel to Nubra

I should Now repeat the Disclaimer

"Driving in these Roads are Much More Difficult than They Appear in the Videos or Pictures"

View of Snow Capped Mountains

Reaching Khardungla Top

Few customary pictures

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-211.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-212.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-213.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-215.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-216.jpg

The Road between the South Pullu and North Pullu check post were in very bad shape. The reason although can be very encouraging for the people who are planning to travel Next year.

They are making a wider Road. Hence we had to travel with dynamites around us

We enjoyed the Nubra drive. The road was narrow and the top was good. Hence.

While going

While coming back

Beauty before Nubra

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-217.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-218.jpg

When we reached Hundar in middle of a Sand Storm

Now the Camels and the Desert at 10k+ft altitude

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-219.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-220.jpg

Nasim wanted a closer look

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-222.jpg

Rana Enjoying the Sand Dunes

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-223.jpg

The Light and Shade effect with Camels in the foreground

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-224.jpg

Me and Avrendu did a Bonus Drive, explored few Km of the famous Agham Shyok road.

Part 3 is coming. Its Pangong
SouraC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 20:31   #119
BHPian

Part 3:

Our Next Day drive was to Pangong. We started early to avoid the Local Traffic.

After bad roads of Khardung La, we enjoyed the morning drive till Karu

We continued in a convoy while climbing Chang La

We have seen many vehicles in the wrong place

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-31.jpg

There were few water crossing but they were small

Reaching Chang La Top

Some Pictures at the Top

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-32.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-33.jpg

We reached Tangste and checked in the Hotel. After having our Launch we started our drive to our destination

We stopped for a while seeing them

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-34.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-35.jpg

Road conditions were varying and few stretches were bad but rewarding at last

The First View.. Truly Rewarding

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-36.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-37.jpg

We didn't stop at Lukung and continued till Spangmik.

Pictures of Pangong and at Spangmik

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-38.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-39.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-310.jpg

The Wind was too Strong and creating waves in Pangong

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-311.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-312.jpg

Our Team

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-313.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-314.jpg

Me and My Beloved Companion

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-315.jpg

My Swifty Showing Off

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-316.jpg

We left Pangong with a heavy heart, a drive beside Pangong in 2x Speed

We spend the night at Tangste and Started the return Journey to Leh next day morning.

Next Part will take us to The Colorful Hanle
SouraC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 21:30   #120
BHPian

Part 4:

We were expecting some bad roads to Hanle as it was closed for a long time, but the road till Upsi was Superb and again we enjoyed the drive

But soon after Upsi it was mixed experience

Soon the drive became off-roading and the King of Ladakh started showing his true colors

Seeing the Thar, we small cars also started enjoying the drive

Before Parking your Vehicle you should look around, otherwise it can become dangerous

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-41.jpg

We found this as a gate marker of a Military Barrack

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-44.jpg

Be sure, you will stop many times in the drive, enjoy the videos and pictures of Colors of Hanle

We stopped countless times to capture the beautiful colors

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-42.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-43.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-45.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-46.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-47.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-48.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-411.jpg

Swift in the middle of No Where

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-49.jpg

We have also seen the Wild Asses

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-410.jpg

There is a place where you will realize that you have reached "End of the World" (Earth)

We reached Hanle quite late

After a quick refreshment at our home stay we reached The Space Observatory. The view from the top is

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-412.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-413.jpg

Next Day morning after a filling breakfast with Alur Paratha we started journey towards Tso Moriri.

Have you heard of "Cloud Painting", I have never seen anything like this

A High speed Video

And Some Pictures

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-414.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-415.jpg

The Drive Continues it will end in The Final Part
SouraC is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks