Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2015, 19:40   #46
BHPian

Re: Where no Elantra has gone before - 5500 kms, 6 States & Bhutan!

Wow. What a travelogue? Finished it in one go. Loved the question and answers before the travelogue. Amazing to see Elantra traversed all those tricky situation successfully and credit to the master driving it.

I could see that Bhutan cities are cleaner, small and picturesque. Not sure if I would ever make a trip, but your travelogue was detailed enough to get a view of Bhutan.
AutoInt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 15:43   #47

Amazing locations, mesmerizing exploits of the 9027 and your enchanting writing skills makes this a really beautiful travelogue.
You have indeed got a penchant for writing and a great knack to coin some good quotes.

"Driving in the rain with the woman you love is romantic in itself. Stopping at a small tapri for chai is the cherry on top" This one's my favorite in the lot and i am adding it to my quote collection.

Cheers to the good work..!!
Par_neon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 16:04   #48
KAN
BHPian

This is just super!! Your travelogue is inspiring... the excitement it carries is contagious!!
Excellent job and kudos!!
KAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 17:25   #49
BHPian

What an amazing travelogue. Loved the way elantra poised itself. Guys like you give other people confidence that almost all roads are doable.

I know that you said that you didn't keep a log of the cash used during the trip but it would be a really important information for salaried people to plan the trip :-P. So, please share a rough estimate of the cash used during the entire trip - just a humble request.
Old 16th February 2016, 21:15   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post
What an amazing travelogue. Loved the way elantra poised itself. Guys like you give other people confidence that almost all roads are doable.
Thanks .
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post
I know that you said that you didn't keep a log of the cash used during the trip but it would be a really important information for salaried people to plan the trip :-P. So, please share a rough estimate of the cash used during the entire trip - just a humble request.
Let's not go there. I don't remember my cash outflows. Makes everything look bleak, doesn't it?

A good rule of thumb for a road trip is INR 8,000 per day per couple including fuel, stay and food in India for a diesel car. For a petrol car, that goes up to INR 10,000 per day. This should help you get a ballpark figure.
Old 17th February 2016, 00:34   #51
BHPian

You made it sound easier than it really is, kudos to your enthusiasm, love for your car and the sheer pleasure of driving the long distances to places few dream of and even fewer actually do. Tremendous. I am presently based at Siliguri and make frequent forays into the same territory and therefore I appreciate how well you have negotiated the good with the bad.
Will make my first trip into Bhutan in my own car very soon and thanks to your travelogue I now have a more than fair travel itinerary to plan on. Kudos.
ShellZee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks