Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2016, 08:36   #31
BHPian

Awesome travelogue buddy
Just one question, had you made any prior reservations with Club Mahindra or were they just walk ins ? Asking this because I have a white membership and using Club Mahindra is a pain as I have to book atleast 3-4 months in advance.
Lonavala Lake Pawna is always full so are their Goa properties.
Is that not the case with Rajasthan ?
Also how was the food arrangements?
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 09:06   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Exploring Royal Rajasthan in a 4WD Bolero (The White Tusker)

Lovely write up.

Thank god for just scaring you with TRE nut missing and nothing worse.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 19:25   #33
Team-BHP Support

Re: Exploring Royal Rajasthan in a 4WD Bolero (The White Tusker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
A Royal travelogue I must say!
Very detailed with beautiful photographs. Rajasthan is a state I would love to visit again. The highways are so welcoming with backdrops of beautiful landscapes.
5 stars
Thanks a lot Arunashish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post
Hi BlackPearl, thanks for the information. I was expecting the highway performance to be mediocre. And yes, there are no second thoughts about the performance of Bolero on hills. Long back I had come across one article where many 40+ lakh SUVs (BMWs, Mercedes') were taken to Ladakh but they used to continuously get stuck and Bolero was the rescue angel being 1/4 th the price but so much ahead in prowess on hills.

It must take a lot of patience to do long drives on these road tanks due to not-so-good highway touring abilities so hats off to you for such a long-long drive.

Keep driving.
Thanks YoungSaint! Yes driving a Bolero on the highways has made me a lot more patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
So no real sand/dune driving happened??

Nevertheless, you had fun, and that is what matters. What was your FE and at what speeds on the highways?
No n.devdath, not much real dune driving. Getting stuck at Kuldhara without anybody in the vicinity had shaken me up a bit, so did not take much chance on the Sam dunes. Ventured a little bit but that's it.

Highway speeds were 110 max, and FE hovered around 12.5 throughout the journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Awesome travelogue buddy
Just one question, had you made any prior reservations with Club Mahindra or were they just walk ins ? Asking this because I have a white membership and using Club Mahindra is a pain as I have to book atleast 3-4 months in advance.
Lonavala Lake Pawna is always full so are their Goa properties.
Is that not the case with Rajasthan ?
Also how was the food arrangements?
Thanks dean5545. I am a Club Mahindra member and had prior bookings. The only time I can remember that I visited CMH without a booking was while returning from Ladakh. We requested the CMH Manali to let us stay for one night and they had obliged. I too have a white membership and I try to visit during off seasons, so getting accommodation is not that difficult.
Food arrangement has been good in most of CMH properties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Lovely write up.

Thank god for just scaring you with TRE nut missing and nothing worse.
Thanks a lot Sudev! Yes, thankfully it was not something worse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks