Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2016, 15:29   #16
BHPian

Re: 6,000 km Roadtrip: Bangalore to Garhwal Himalayas

Wow.. I am a Garhwali pahadi residing in hyderabad.. but never really dared to drive all the way from here. My usual plans include flight till dehradun and then take the steering wheel to all these amazing places.

Kudos Pawan! you have given some serious driving goals. I will plan a drive from hyd to doon now!!
nitinrawatdun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 18:17   #17
BHPian

Nice travelogue, pawanarya. Pictures are crisp and vibrant and your writing depicts the true essence of the beautiful nature. A thread which truly deserves a 5 star.

A special mention must be made of your XUV 5OO. It again proves its prowess as an able mile muncher.

Wish you many more happy miles with your beast.

Regards

Saubhik Datta
DrivingNirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 19:07   #18
BHPian

Hey Pawan, nice trip and lovely places. By the way, in your first family picture I saw the little girl wearing a NTT Data T-Shirt. Do you by any chance work for NTT Data?
BeingCynical is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 11:50   #19
BHPian

The theme of team bhp ,LIVE TO DRIVE is reaffirmed by your travelogue . 6K kms on a solo drive is like a new kholi record and will inspire all of us
Ranga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 22:54   #20
BHPian

Re: Back To Bangalore (Meerut – Agra – Sagar – Hyderabad - Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Excellent travelogue especially to see participation from the better half as well

The above points are absolutely spot on and something that gets me worried most of the times. Not that I am the only one being affected by it, but because as a race, we humans are (in a way) committed to exploitation and ruining the resources that we have, be it water, land or the green cover. It doesnt take much to plant good trees at a little distance from the highway (so as to keep at bay fears of the roots damaging the tarmac). They will provide good shade and also preserve nature.

Like I read somewhere, everyone wants to park his car in a shade but no one wants to plant a tree. A sad state of affairs. Hope people realise this before its too late

Sorry Pavan to have kinda hijacked your thread but just came to me as I read your travelogue
Yes centaur, and i am sure there are a lot many like us out there who do their bit by not just expressing but taking care too by planting a few around. but that wont help much.

The road expansion around Pench Forest was a sorry state for the trees, so many of them gone just like that.

Hopefully some sensibility will prevail somewhere and the replenishment actioned soon. Amen!
Old 19th May 2016, 23:00   #21
BHPian

Re: Back To Bangalore (Meerut – Agra – Sagar – Hyderabad - Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Excellent travelogue especially to see participation from the better half as well
On a different note, better half did bulk of the writing and made this travelogue lively , I am just the conduit .
Old 19th May 2016, 23:06   #22
BHPian

Excellent travelogue and well written. Glad to know the range of young and elderly people travelling on this journey. Kudos to all of you !!

I have done the route twice from Bangalore to Delhi via Mumbai / Kohlapur - Pandharpur - Shirdi - Ratlam - Jaipur

But never did Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Satna - Jhansi - Agra - Delhi.

I am planning to travel to Leh Ladhak from Bangalore shortly. Can you suggest how did you find the route from Nagpur till Jhansi -Gwalior. Are these toll roads?
vittal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 23:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
Wow.. I am a Garhwali pahadi residing in hyderabad.. but never really dared to drive all the way from here. My usual plans include flight till dehradun and then take the steering wheel to all these amazing places.

Kudos Pawan! you have given some serious driving goals. I will plan a drive from hyd to doon now!!
Thanks Nitin and Yes, that's how we all do it almost always. It was a long pending item on my bucket list and its ticked now. Best of luck for your trip and keep us T-BHPians posted of your experience. Drive Safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingNirvana View Post
Nice travelogue, pawanarya. Pictures are crisp and vibrant and your writing depicts the true essence of the beautiful nature. A thread which truly deserves a 5 star.

A special mention must be made of your XUV 5OO. It again proves its prowess as an able mile muncher.

Wish you many more happy miles with your beast.

Regards

Saubhik Datta
Thanks Saubhik (DrivingNirvana), All credit to my lady for the writing.

For the XUV, I took a couple of random stops just to make sure the tires weren't feeling dizzy as neither me nor the Cheetah were . Infact I found out first hand (only 1 time) how loud the over-speeding alarm is if you clock 150 or above. A good feature to calm the adrenaline rush that comes with velocity and acceleration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
The theme of team bhp ,LIVE TO DRIVE is reaffirmed by your travelogue . 6K kms on a solo drive is like a new kholi record and will inspire all of us
Thanks Ranga, I always look for excuses and not reasons to hit the highway and this was the perfect opportunity. Glad to see the driving bug rubbing-off on a few as there will be more travelogues to go through and admire. Keep Revving!
Old 19th May 2016, 23:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingCynical View Post
Hey Pawan, nice trip and lovely places. By the way, in your first family picture I saw the little girl wearing a NTT Data T-Shirt. Do you by any chance work for NTT Data?
Thanks BeingCynical.

Damn those logos never go un-noticed . Yes I am with NTT. You too?
Old 20th May 2016, 00:12   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittal View Post
Excellent travelogue and well written. Glad to know the range of young and elderly people travelling on this journey. Kudos to all of you !!

I have done the route twice from Bangalore to Delhi via Mumbai / Kohlapur - Pandharpur - Shirdi - Ratlam - Jaipur

But never did Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Satna - Jhansi - Agra - Delhi.

I am planning to travel to Leh Ladhak from Bangalore shortly. Can you suggest how did you find the route from Nagpur till Jhansi -Gwalior. Are these toll roads?
Thanks Raja. The road is good all the way till Delhi, 4 laned divided, except for a few patches. Road between Jhansi and Gwalior has some rough patches and two way traffic and this is the only part along this route that does not have toll.

It took me 30 hours (driving time with all pit-stops) for the onward journey and around 33 for the return. You wont find too many decent places to eat along the highway between HYD and Sagar so carry some supplies. You can give this route a try, saves time.

Best of luck for your Ladakh trip. PM me if you need more info.
pawanarya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 12:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawanarya View Post
Thanks BeingCynical.

Damn those logos never go un-noticed . Yes I am with NTT. You too?
Ohh Yes, I too work for NTT Data...Pune
Old 20th May 2016, 16:34   #27
BHPian

Wow!, what an amazing travelgoue, with photos galore and dash cam videos which gave the feeling of being in on the action.
The write up is great and kudos to your family, for being adventurous and doing the trip. I am sure it was a trip of a lifetime.
The videos of passing at the narrow sections of the mountain roads were really scary.

Our country has so many places to visit and explore and most of them relatively untouched and well preserved.
One more journey added to my bucket list!

Cheerio!.
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 21:21   #28
BHPian

Amazing travelogue Pavan

enjoyed the dashcam videos so much that planning to get one installed in my XUV

mm403
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 21:24   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Wow!, what an amazing travelgoue, with photos galore and dash cam videos which gave the feeling of being in on the action.
The write up is great and kudos to your family, for being adventurous and doing the trip. I am sure it was a trip of a lifetime.
The videos of passing at the narrow sections of the mountain roads were really scary.

Our country has so many places to visit and explore and most of them relatively untouched and well preserved.
One more journey added to my bucket list!

Cheerio!.
Thanks alphadog, yes it was an amazing trip and as you mentioned going through those roads, especially climbing to kanakchauri (Kartik Swami) and between Uttarkashi - Rudraprayag were drive to remember, hair raising at some points but a drivers dream. Its like, all your four limbs are engaged all the time no respite, as long as the car is in motion.

Discovering the PipalDali bridge was probably the find of this trip. If you get to visit this part the country, mark Chopta, Tungnath and Chandrashila on that bucket list.
pawanarya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 21:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Amazing travelogue Pavan

enjoyed the dashcam videos so much that planning to get one installed in my XUV

mm403
Thanks mm403. Dashcams are mighty useful especially for these kind of trips where pinnable moments are aplenty but you remember only a few. A quick rewind on the videos and they all come back .

for the dashcam, go for something with higher memory capacity which will allow you to record in excess of 8 hours . Typically 64 gigs with HD will last for a little over 8 hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks