Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2016, 07:47   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Video: Driving the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang in USA (Yosemite & Death Valley)

Hello Team,

Earlier this month i was on a holiday in the US & had the opportunity to drive the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang on my road trips, so thought of making a video for you guys;

The video includes;

Driving on some of the best roads in & around the countryside;

Video: Driving the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang in USA (Yosemite & Death Valley)-driving-scenes-1.jpg

My Driving Impressions of the cars i drive;

Video: Driving the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang in USA (Yosemite & Death Valley)-driving-impressions-3.jpg

Some Sightseeing;

Video: Driving the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang in USA (Yosemite & Death Valley)-sightseeing.jpg

& i hit the STRIP;

Video: Driving the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang in USA (Yosemite & Death Valley)-sightseeing-2.jpg

So this is my 1st attempt in making a Travelogue-Video, hope you guys like it

Last edited by karan561 : 31st May 2016 at 09:03.
karan561 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 17:47   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Video: Driving the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang in USA (Yosemite & Death Valley)

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line section. Thanks for sharing!
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 12:51   #3
BHPian

Re: Video: Driving the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang in USA (Yosemite & Death Valley)

Love all your video reviews, including the ones on your youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXz...7-lt7JQ/videos

From the age of text based articles to ones with pictures & media, this is a generation of video reviews. They are often more engaging than normal articles which takes more time & effort to read. I hope this trend catches up with other members & our forum includes comprehensive video reviews also as this is the way forward ! Nice work and keep the videos coming
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 14:50   #4
BHPian

Re: Video: Driving the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang in USA (Yosemite & Death Valley)

Good to have video reviews in this age & especially when they are from you. They are edited amazingly, crisp to the point with all details. We have rented the 2014 Ford Mustang last time & it felt really good ( especially the roar ) & yea the seating is a bit cramped though for the rear passengers. Took a while for us to get used to the power output but once settled it sails smoothly.

If you have driven both the earlier & the new versions, what major difference did you find in them.
venkikewl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 15:18   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Love all your video reviews, including the ones on your Youtube channel:

https://www.Youtube.com/channel/UCXz...7-lt7JQ/videos

From the age of text based articles to ones with pictures & media, this is a generation of video reviews. They are often more engaging than normal articles which takes more time & effort to read. I hope this trend catches up with other members & our forum includes comprehensive video reviews also as this is the way forward ! Nice work and keep the videos coming
Thank You Sam, i appreciate your kind words.

Though i agree the trend of Video reviewing is really exciting and engaging, but i also feel the traditional form of text reviews which we read are much more detailed and in depth.

Though in video reviewing there usually is a big crew involved but in my video reviews the team is only just my brother & myself.

In this Travelogue-Video it was my wife & myself so i'd like to thank her for her support and understanding that while on an holiday she not only let me but also helped me shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
Good to have video reviews in this age & especially when they are from you. They are edited amazingly, crisp to the point with all details. We have rented the 2014 Ford Mustang last time & it felt really good ( especially the roar ) & yea the seating is a bit cramped though for the rear passengers. Took a while for us to get used to the power output but once settled it sails smoothly.

If you have driven both the earlier & the new versions, what major difference did you find in them.
Thanks Venki for your inspiring comments

Well a few years back (in 2012) we had rented a Mustang GT (5L V8) in Miami;

Video: Driving the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang in USA (Yosemite & Death Valley)-532360_10150957890627762_1306828479_n.jpg

^ Full Report here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2867768

I remember that car did not have no manual mode & the gearbox was slow, where as in this 2016 model it has a better gearbox and also has paddle shifters.

Also the handling is much improved in the 2016 model, majorly because of the independent rear suspension.

Other than that a negative which i say in the video is the 2016 model has gotten heavier by around 11-40 Kgs (Depending on the model)

Last edited by karan561 : 1st June 2016 at 15:48.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 01:41   #6
BHPian

@karan561
Nice video review. Pretty much summed up the V6 Mustang and Charger.

Apart from that I'd like to add a few more points. Charger is one of the very few 4 door RWD American muscle car available now (apart from Chevy SS and Chrysler 300). Although heavier than most other full size sedans, the engine and gearbox makes up for it. 0-100 comes up under 7 secs, the engine revvs at ~1900 rpm while cruising @ 140kmhr and gives a highway mileage of ~13kmpl. The V6 satisfies 80% needs of an enthusiast but R/T road and track is the one to go for (SRT or Hellcat depending on affordability), for a truly muscle car feel.

Its ride is very complaint, handles well although not chuckable as smaller cars (read VW GTI which is in the same price range) and straight line stability is exemplary. 18 inchers on Charger looks puny but the V6 Rallye gets 20" wheels, 3.07 axle ratio, sport tuned suspension and exhaust which is more sportier to drive. Gearbox holds on to gears even under slight dab of throttle and paddle shifters are not often missed. Shifts are smooth and fast too. The U Connect 8.4 is easy to use and higher variants gets reversing camera and sensors.
Dhar's is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 10:29   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
@karan561
Nice video review. Pretty much summed up the V6 Mustang and Charger.
Thank You Dhar

Quote:
Apart from that I'd like to add a few more points. Charger is one of the very few 4 door RWD American muscle car available now (apart from Chevy SS and Chrysler 300). Although heavier than most other full size sedans, the engine and gearbox makes up for it. 0-100 comes up under 7 secs, the engine revvs at ~1900 rpm while cruising @ 140kmhr and gives a highway mileage of ~13kmpl.
Indeed, a rare breed of American Muscle & economical than before thanks to the Engine/Gearbox as you rightly pointed out.

Quote:
Its ride is very complaint, handles well although not chuckable as smaller cars (read VW GTI which is in the same price range) and straight line stability is exemplary. 18 inchers on Charger looks puny but the V6 Rallye gets 20" wheels, 3.07 axle ratio, sport tuned suspension and exhaust which is more sportier to drive. Gearbox holds on to gears even under slight dab of throttle and paddle shifters are not often missed. Shifts are smooth and fast too. The U Connect 8.4 is easy to use and higher variants gets reversing camera and sensors.
WoW ! You indeed have good knowledge of the Charger
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 10:40   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
WoW ! You indeed have good knowledge of the Charger
Thanks Karan.
Well, by God's grace, I drive one.
Dhar's is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 13:12   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Karan.
Well, by God's grace, I drive one.
No Wonder

Is it the V6 or the R/T or Scat Pack or the HELLCAT
Old 3rd June 2016, 13:08   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Ride For New York

My ride for New York was the 2016 Ford Focus;

Video: Driving the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang in USA (Yosemite & Death Valley)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464939338.315313.jpg

This is a lovely design which is somewhat reminiscent of the Fiesta hatch

Video: Driving the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang in USA (Yosemite & Death Valley)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464939358.071580.jpg

But is longer;

Video: Driving the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang in USA (Yosemite & Death Valley)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464939406.927845.jpg

Driving;

The car i got was a showroom fresh one & was barely driven 400 miles, so had the new car smell & feel

The engine was 2L 160 hp & 200 NM petrol & was very peppy (when revved) in its own way, though no where close to the Ecoboost performance.

The gearbox was a 6 speed A/T.

The ride/handling balance was impressive enough to shame many wannabe hot hatches in the segment.

On winding roads, I never felt compelled to brake in the bends also the Traction control's intervention was noticeable but it still lets you enjoy the car.

FUN is the key word here to describe the Focus' handling character.

Video: Driving the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang in USA (Yosemite & Death Valley)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464939447.815947.jpg

The size of the car was well suited to drive through the busy streets of Manhattan;

Video: Driving the Dodge Charger & Ford Mustang in USA (Yosemite & Death Valley)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464939492.924996.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 3rd June 2016 at 13:36.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 19:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
No Wonder

Is it the V6 or the R/T or Scat Pack or the HELLCAT
Karan, its the humble V6 of the pack in SXT Plus trim.
Thanks!
Dhar's is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 19:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

Great job karan! Saw the video in a single shot! I hope your next holiday happens soon

Infact have enjoyed every single video of yours! Please do keep them coming and have to say you have improved in all the areas while shooting the video.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 14:28   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Karan, its the humble V6 of the pack in SXT Plus trim.
Thanks!
Great, i think i was driving the same SXT Variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Great job karan! Saw the video in a single shot!
Thanks for your positive comments once again Tanveer.

Quote:
I hope your next holiday happens soon

Quote:
Infact have enjoyed every single video of yours! Please do keep them coming and have to say you have improved in all the areas while shooting the video.
Thanks, more videos planned in the coming weeks
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 01:19   #14
BHPian

Quote:

The ride/handling balance was impressive enough to shame many wannabe hot hatches in the segment.

On winding roads, I never felt compelled to brake in the bends also the Traction control's intervention was noticeable but it still lets you enjoy the car.

FUN is the key word here to describe the Focus' handling character.
Last month I had a chance to drive couple of cars you reviewed. Adding on some of my inputs.

Completely agree to the handling, dynamics of the Focus. I happened to drive it on extremely curvy roads as I was driving it to point Reyes. I was impressed by its handling. The engine was a huge let down though. On the freeways it felt lacking power. May be because I was driving it after driving Ford Fusion and Dodge Charger which were packed with lot of power.

Ford Fusion, was so much so much fun to drive !! It had almost similar handling with so much power add-on. Big thumbs up to Ford on the handling front. Even in India, I took a rental Ford Figo aspire to Nainital and it was hoot to drive on the hills and hairpins.

The dodge on the other hand felt like so much momentum. The only other car which made me feel like that was the Ford Mustang. Slight nudge on the accelerator and you near the speed limit before you realise it. I got a chance of driving the charger on to freeways in Texas with 80mph speed limits and even at 80 it felt that it was meant to do so much more.

Quote:
@karan561
The gear changes on the Charger were so seamless and smooth that I had to actually look up on the internet to make sure that it was a torque converter and not a dual clutch setup !
Rahul_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 11:50   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
Last month I had a chance to drive couple of cars you reviewed. Adding on some of my inputs.

Completely agree to the handling, dynamics of the Focus. I happened to drive it on extremely curvy roads as I was driving it to point Reyes. I was impressed by its handling. The engine was a huge let down though. On the freeways it felt lacking power. May be because I was driving it after driving Ford Fusion and Dodge Charger which were packed with lot of power.
Absolutely ! Handling is definitely in a league of its own, but the engine im sure is the last of its breed as the ecoboost will take over from next gen onwards

Quote:
The gear changes on the Charger were so seamless and smooth that I had to actually look up on the internet to make sure that it was a torque converter and not a dual clutch setup !
This charger uses the 8 speed ZF which is properly FAST, also on downshifting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks