Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2016, 18:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini

Beautiful pictures! here Krishna, wasn't half as lucky as you were in the sighting business, over this weekend we spent at Wayanad and Nagarhole.

With the rain amplifying the breath-taking verdancy of these forests,drove around Wayanad till two in the morning on the first night, with some 'mouse deer rump' and some 'gaur's chewing on the scenery' sightings.

The other two days were spent in Nagarhole (no core safaris happening) exploring the Karamadu and HD Kote turnoffs.Got lucky when a 12-13 strong pack of dhole's made an almost four-five minute appearance, and brief sightings of a lone sambar and an adolescent elephant, whom a resort-mate christened 'Lucy'.

The cats were elusive as expected,but the jungles felt amazing to be in, with the rains coming down in patches and the 200 kms worth of driving around inside the jungle has just about managed to quench the 'calling', for now.

Keep us abreast of your sojourns into the wild, comrade! Makes for excellent viewing!

Thanks
thorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 14:01   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post

2. Veeranahosahalli side (Moorkal side) - https://goo.gl/maps/tEaWj9bQXQt - This route goes through Moorkal and to Kutta. Nagarahole (Veeranahosahalli side) has bus and gypsy too. Bus is 300 for the first round and if you want to do a second round it will be only 100 bucks additional. Gypsy costs 3000 bucks and can hold 5 people. JLR too does safaris here and each seat would cost 1200 bucks.
:
Beautiful images there Krishna. Awesome. A very successful & memorable trip I would say. Rated 5 stars that it deserves.
You have mentioned that there is JLR safari costing 1200 per head on the Veeranahosahalli side. How can one book this safari? I do not see an option on their website to book this safari. If you can provide more details on booking the JLR safari it would be very helpful. Also do you know if the JLR safari is still operational when the bus safari is cancelled during rain on the Veeranahosahalli side. I am asking this because I know for sure JLR safaris are operational on Kabini side even when the government bus safari is cancelled during rains.

Last edited by Torque123 : 14th July 2016 at 14:07.
Old 18th July 2016, 15:34   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Beautiful images there Krishna. Awesome. A very successful & memorable trip I would say. Rated 5 stars that it deserves.
You have mentioned that there is JLR safari costing 1200 per head on the Veeranahosahalli side. How can one book this safari? I do not see an option on their website to book this safari. If you can provide more details on booking the JLR safari it would be very helpful. Also do you know if the JLR safari is still operational when the bus safari is cancelled during rain on the Veeranahosahalli side. I am asking this because I know for sure JLR safaris are operational on Kabini side even when the government bus safari is cancelled during rains.
JLR Safari is operational subject to weather conditions. Do call them up before you make the booking just to be sure. However, weather conditions are out of everyone's control.

I will PM you the contact details for the Veeranahosahalli side safari.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 16:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Thank you.

Yes, Nagarahole national park (Rajiv Gandhi National Park) is quite big and two routes cut through it
===========
Lens used for majority of the pics is Canon EOS 100-400 MM IS2 Lens. There was no way, the tiger would hold the pose like that for me to zoom in and take. Hence the cropped picture.
Hello,
Thank you for the lively pics and information. Please let me know if we can get the tickets for the safari at Damankatte if we reach by 2PM at the forest gate. Similarly, if we reach the gate by 6 AM in the morning , will tickets be available or is it crowded? Thanks for the help.
Old 14th September 2016, 17:00   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangaloreguy View Post
Hello,
Thank you for the lively pics and information. Please let me know if we can get the tickets for the safari at Damankatte if we reach by 2PM at the forest gate. Similarly, if we reach the gate by 6 AM in the morning , will tickets be available or is it crowded? Thanks for the help.
Tickets for the morning safari is issued the previous day afternoon at 3.30 pm and the afternoon safari tickets are issued at 10 am the same day morning. It would be crowded as there are a few resorts who book tickets for the safaris at the counter with the help of the locals. Why locals, because they issue only 2 tickets per person and these resorts take help of the locals to get the tickets by paying some amount per ticket.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 16:06   #36

Hello Krishna,

Thanks for the beautiful travelogue. I am travelling to Kabini this weekend and wanted to seek your advise on Damankatte safaris.

Best Regards
NV

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th July 2017 at 08:09. Reason: Phone number removed as it's not safe to share in public forum.
Old 12th July 2017, 21:27   #37
BHPian

Thank you Krishna for sharing so much useful detail here in this thread. Cleared all my queries. Don't know how I missed this so far. Please keep up the good work.
i20ian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 11:18   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Did another trip to Kabini over the weekend. A few pics.

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_8624.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9679.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9720.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9730.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9736.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9755.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9790.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9843.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9858.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9861.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9873.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9875.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9893.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9896.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9901.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9904.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9916.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9928.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9935.jpg

Wildlife at Nagarhole & Kabini-img_9943.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 14:37   #39
BHPian

Wow Krishna again tiger sighting, what is it with you and the tiger, every time you are in the Jungle and you are able to shoot them. Excellent photologue keeps us gripped and gives the feeling as if we are in the forest.
Old 21st July 2017, 17:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

Excellent snaps Krishna. Took 2 safaris at DK gate last weekend, but missed the tiger by a whisker. It was raining most of the time while I was there. Identified a new place called Kabani lake view http://www.kabiniresorts.in/, it is near to the gate and is convenient for people looking for safaris
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks