Team-BHP > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2017, 15:23   #31
BHPian
 
BLACKBLADE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: TRZ
Posts: 157
Thanked: 464 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

I don't know if I will get a chance, ever in my life time, to visit these places and experience the magic of north east. But I treasure this travelogue so much, I would come back and read it all over again and again, to soak in the experience . My heartfelt congratulations to rk_sans and team to have done such a remarkable road trip on bikes !

The attention to details in the write up of the travelogue is simply brilliant. This log is going to be boon for all future travelers. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it and forwarding it to my non-Team BHP friends.
BLACKBLADE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 15:57   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
PrasannaDhana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: TN
Posts: 1,477
Thanked: 5,560 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

This is THE best travelogue I have ever read! Great great effort, and pictures are beautifully taken!

Hats off buddy!
PrasannaDhana is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 17:02   #33
BHPian
 
BopsKA12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: KA12/MEJ
Posts: 56
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

Hats off and kudos on an awe inspiring Journey. So much details in the travelogue made me feel being a part of the journey although virtually.
BopsKA12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 17:06   #34
BHPian
 
anshumandun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 246
Thanked: 955 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

Santosh sarrrr.....this is just amazing! You are an inspiration for amateurs like us. I think twice before even dreaming such rides and you keep doing them. No doubt the whole BCR group calls you SARR

How many kms do you have on your CBR now?
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 17:17   #35
Newbie
 
sagar.narasimha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

I was having a stressful day at work and I generally login to check for any latest updates & news. But after reading through the travelogue my stress vanished in thin air.

Amazing write up . Thanks for sharing
sagar.narasimha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 21:16   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,507
Thanked: 1,212 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

And I was thinking how did I miss this writeup and then looked at the dates.

Spectacular journey and writeup with the right amount of photographs, Santosh! Hats off to you guys for having made this ride. Good to see the bikes held up well too.

Also, wanted to know more about the Tamil guy selling noodles, dosas there in Kohima was it? What is the history?
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 14:38   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,017
Thanked: 941 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Lovely travelogue RK_Sans. And BTW, thanks for visiting my place during your trip ie Sivasagar and glad that you guys liked the place. My native home is just few houses before you reach Kareng Ghar. Glad to see my own place through your lens.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Simply marvelous ride and an awesome log, Santosh! As you mentioned, it is a dream for every traveler to do such a trip someday!

Hats off to you all and surely to all the bikes too!

Knowing you all, I know all of you are accomplished riders. But out of curiosity, did you or anyone in the team panic at any point or situation?
Thanks a lot Suhas.
I do not like getting my bike be the cause of delay or stranded during the ride. So during the puncture issue, i can say that i was little annoyed .
rk_sans is offline  
Old 21st September 2017, 15:07   #38
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

Amazing T-log and very well articulated Santosh. The details will definitely help people in planning their ride to NE (read: ME ). Thanks a bunch for sharing your experience and regards to your team for keeping all going, might pick your head a little when I get to the drawing board for NE for more information!
Deepak Saligram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 20:45   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,017
Thanked: 941 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post
. My heartfelt congratulations to rk_sans and team to have done such a remarkable road trip on bikes !
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Hats off buddy!
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BopsKA12 View Post
Hats off and kudos on an awe inspiring Journey. So much details in the travelogue made me feel being a part of the journey although virtually.
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
How many kms do you have on your CBR now?
Thanks a lot. Done only 70k

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar.narasimha View Post
I was having a stressful day at work and I generally login to check for any latest updates & news. But after reading through the travelogue my stress vanished in thin air.

Amazing write up . Thanks for sharing
Glad i was able to reduce the stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Also, wanted to know more about the Tamil guy selling noodles, dosas there in Kohima was it? What is the history?
Thanks a lot. Mahesh was explaining me that during some period Tamils in Burma had to move out. That's when they settled in this border town. I just did a quick google search and here is what i found.

https://www.facebook.com/tamilsangammoreh/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manipur_Tamil_community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Saligram View Post
Amazing T-log and very well articulated Santosh. The details will definitely help people in planning their ride to NE (read: ME ). Thanks a bunch for sharing your experience and regards to your team for keeping all going, might pick your head a little when I get to the drawing board for NE for more information!
Thanks a lot Deepak. Anytime sir, i am just a stone throw from you.
rk_sans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 02:33   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,507
Thanked: 1,212 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Thanks a lot. Mahesh was explaining me that during some period Tamils in Burma had to move out. That's when they settled in this border town. I just did a quick google search and here is what i found.

https://www.facebook.com/tamilsangammoreh/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manipur_Tamil_community
Oh yes, I have relatives who fled from Burma (Myanmar) and even walked hundreds of kms to escape the junta but I never knew that Tamils settled in this border town. That is a new bit of history I learnt today. Thanks!
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 10:19   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Tiruchirappalli
Posts: 69
Thanked: 193 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

Awesome travelogue. Rated 5 stars. Hopefully I'll get to make a similar journey through the seven sisters.
Gildarts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 11:45   #42
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,609
Thanked: 5,646 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

My god. I was chatting with Mahesh about your impending trip a couple of weeks before you guys headed out. I should have just volunteered myself for this trip too!
Red Liner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 12:24   #43
BHPian
 
Shekhar2509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 277 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

Wow, What a travelogue! Very beautifully compiled, topped with amazing pictures! You took us through every minute details; thanks for sharing! Appreciate the effort you have put-in to bring out this piece; the information about road and riding conditions, and the techniques used by your group to save time is very helpful in planning such trips! Being a biker, this trip is in my bucket list, and after reading this beautiful travelogue, I am all the more tempted!

Cheers!
Shekhar2509 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 11:30   #44
BHPian
 
ARAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: WB 38
Posts: 573
Thanked: 2,145 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

First of all let me congratulate you for such an epic trip. I do drive to the Himalayas atleast once an year but this is next level. You truly are an inspiration. I have plans of driving from Hyderabad to Arunachal this year and the oodles of details you have shared is tremendous. It took me roughly 1.5 hour to go through your blog and it was narration at its best. I shall go through this blog once again before I do Arunachal in mid December. I have my doubts about Sela pass and snow but you really wont know unless you experience it. Thanks again for sharing such an in-depth travel blog.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 14:21   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,017
Thanked: 941 Times
Default Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildarts View Post
Awesome travelogue. Rated 5 stars. Hopefully I'll get to make a similar journey through the seven sisters.
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
My god. I was chatting with Mahesh about your impending trip a couple of weeks before you guys headed out. I should have just volunteered myself for this trip too!
You should have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekhar2509 View Post
Wow, What a travelogue! Very beautifully compiled, topped with amazing pictures! You took us through every minute details; thanks for sharing!
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
I have my doubts about Sela pass and snow but you really wont know unless you experience it. Thanks again for sharing such an in-depth travel blog.
As per the local hotel guys at Sela pass, the day we stayed in Tawang, few people came till Sela pass in bikes and returned back due to bad weather conditions.
Important thing to note here is the valley in the Jgarh area which gets loads of blanket of fog/snow/drizzle, etc if weather is bad.
All the best for your ride.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks