Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2017, 13:07   #46
BHPian

Re: An XUV500 speaks - From the East Coast shores to the North East mountains

Wow. Excellent travelogue. In face looking at your itinerary, I think I might have spotted you while you were returning from Siliguri. Somewhere near Kaliachowk. I was on my way to Kolkata on the same day. Anyway, loved to read about your travel. Rated 5*.

Last edited by Red Panda : 2nd March 2017 at 13:09.
Red Panda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:19   #47
BHPian

Wow. What a thread man. Indeed a pleasure to read the details. Nice and crisp. I hope the kids did not face any AMS.
There is a going trend of NE journeys in t-bhp members. Your pictures justify the true beauty of the NE.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 14:07   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
Wow. Excellent travelogue. In face looking at your itinerary, I think I might have spotted you while you were returning from Siliguri. Somewhere near Kaliachowk. I was on my way to Kolkata on the same day. Anyway, loved to read about your travel. Rated 5*.
Thank you very much Red Panda. I don't remember sighting your car though. Sorry, seems to have missed it.
Your handle reminds me of the rare species in the valleys of Zemithang. Were you in anyway inspired by them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
Wow. What a thread man. Indeed a pleasure to read the details. Nice and crisp. I hope the kids did not face any AMS.
There is a going trend of NE journeys in t-bhp members. Your pictures justify the true beauty of the NE.
Thank you very much behaln for your kind words. Kids didn't have any trouble with AMS. The ascent is not as steep like the Manali - Leh route. It's much gradual. Moreover, keeping AMS in mind, we did cater for enough fluids and rest enroute.
Old 10th March 2017, 10:28   #49
BHPian

Hey dhanush was absolutely mesmerized by your travelogue! I read the entire thread in one sitting post. It was just unputdownable! The pictures were exemplary and will give any professional travel writer some competition. Kudos to the Mrs and family for the co-operation! I have read all of your travelogues and though you mention in the post its getting more difficult with age, let me tell you its the opposite. The capability of the cheetah is also worth mentioning and I cant wait to go back to India and go hit the trails. Rating it the five stars it absolutely deserves.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 17:25   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hey dhanush was absolutely mesmerized by your travelogue! I read the entire thread in one sitting post. It was just unputdownable! The pictures were exemplary and will give any professional travel writer some competition. Kudos to the Mrs and family for the co-operation! I have read all of your travelogues and though you mention in the post its getting more difficult with age, let me tell you its the opposite. The capability of the cheetah is also worth mentioning and I cant wait to go back to India and go hit the trails. Rating it the five stars it absolutely deserves.
Thank you very much Vinit. You are far too kind with your words I would say. And half of your compliments, I am not even sure whether I deserve or not.
Thanks a lot too, for the kind ratings to the thread.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 17:11   #51
BHPian

What a fantastic write up and the images were hauntingly good.
Got a question here. Do they allow private cars in Kaziranga National Park or is it just the Maruti Gypsies that are allowed inside?
Many thanks for sharing your experiences. Provided me the inspiration I needed to take my cheetah out soon. (Soon? )
RacingForIndia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 15:21   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Got a question here. Do they allow private cars in Kaziranga National Park or is it just the Maruti Gypsies that are allowed inside?
Many thanks for sharing your experiences
Thank you very much for your kind words.

Personal vehicles are not allowed inside Kaziranga. You have to hire the registered gypsy available there.
Old 18th March 2017, 14:24   #53
BHPian

Mr D, Please take a bow. not one but many. This travelogue was just incredible and your lexicography was just awe-inspiring.

By the time I finished reading the whole travelogue, my mind was wandering in those beautiful surroundings and the itch to plan my own had already started. I have a phrase that will suit you, your family and your ride to the T - "We live Free, We live Young - We are the Living". You are what Mahindra needs, truly.

Have been to Shillong and Cherrapunji long back during college days and the picture is etched in my memory forever. You just rekindled the dream of visiting the place again. Thanks a ton for making this travelogue a visual and literary delight.
justwheels is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 20:56   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Your handle reminds me of the rare species in the valleys of Zemithang. Were you in anyway inspired by them?
Apologies for the very late reply. I couldn't login for quite some time now. Well the name was in my mind for quite some time. And I feel the name kinda suits the car. hehehehe.

Regards
Avishek.
Red Panda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 10:28   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Mr D, Please take a bow. not one but many. This travelogue was just incredible and your lexicography was just awe-inspiring.
I have a phrase that will suit you, your family and your ride to the T - "We live Free, We live Young - We are the Living". You are what Mahindra needs, truly.
Thanks a lot justwheels for the very kind words. You have been very generous with your words. I feel much humbled.
Sorry for the delayed reply. Was in a non internet corner for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
Well the name was in my mind for quite some time. And I feel the name kinda suits the car. hehehehe.
Ha ha. True that. It really suits your car. Wishing you many many happy miles.
Old 14th June 2017, 10:20   #56

Re: Return from the Enticing North East

I am hooked to your rattles Mr. XUV500 of Mr. D!!
The grin on your face suits the level of humor present in your narrative

The photos are beautiful, and do just to the natural beauty you experienced.
Contrary to your opinion, I would say, Mr. D clicks nice compositions.

I wish you take Mr. D, the good lady and junior Ds to many more miles safe on such travels, and gift us more travelogues like this.
Revvglider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 21:46   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Return from the Enticing North East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvglider View Post
I am hooked to your rattles Mr. XUV500 of Mr. D!!
The grin on your face suits the level of humor present in your narrative

The photos are beautiful, and do just to the natural beauty you experienced.
Contrary to your opinion, I would say, Mr. D clicks nice compositions.

I wish you take Mr. D, the good lady and junior Ds to many more miles safe on such travels, and gift us more travelogues like this.
Thanks a lot Revvglider. You were very kind with your words I would say.
Inspires me, the XUV to write more and Mr D to travel further.
Thanks again buddy.
And, welcome to the forum, may I add.
Old 20th June 2017, 18:10   #58
BHPian

Amazing writeup XUV5OO and Mr. D!

I have lived in Shillong for about 2 years in the late 90s. Still one of best places I have lived in. Amazing weather, amazing people and amazing roads. And as you said, people there do have basic traffic sense. I remember going from Guwahati to Shillong when we first shifted there, the roads were spectacular. I had never seen markings on any road before.
maker_of_things is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 08:05   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maker_of_things View Post
Amazing writeup XUV5OO and Mr. D!

I have lived in Shillong for about 2 years in the late 90s. Still one of best places I have lived in. Amazing weather, amazing people and amazing roads. And as you said, people there do have basic traffic sense. I remember going from Guwahati to Shillong when we first shifted there, the roads were spectacular. I had never seen markings on any road before.
Thanks a lot for your kind words maker_of_things.
The road discipline of Meghalaya is unparalleled. Whichever place I drive in the country, there's nothing as yet which can even come close to Meghalaya yet.
Old 4th July 2017, 14:48   #60
BHPian

Brilliant Travelogue Dhanush. So cool to see all the beautiful pictures too. Wish you more enjoyable journies...
bandlimitedlife is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks