Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2017, 20:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey

Excellent Travelogue Point Zero with some really good clicks !! I just relived the memories of my trip to West Sikkim earlier in 2016 with my then 3 month old son.

According to me, the icing on the cake w.r.t. your trip was the fresh Snowfall that you came across at Barsey which must have been an awesome experience in it's own self. Rated it a Well Deserved 5*

Sharing some random pictures from my trip to West Sikkim : Link :http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...kkim-baby.html :
Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-img_1127.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-img_1212.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-img_1393.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-img_0716.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-img20160531wa0073-2.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-img_0666.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-img20160531wa0078_1-2.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-img_0860-2.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-img_0914.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-img_0931.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-img_1494.jpg

Sikkim all around is beautiful and going through such travelogues just instigates the want to do a trip to Sikkim, yet once again and again and again !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 22:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Fantastic travelogue, PointZero.

Sikkim truly is one of the most beautiful states in the country. The extensive greenery, clean rivers, mountains and snow provide a sight to behold!

While the pictures are great, the videos you have posted provide the thrills. Narrow mountain roads with loose surfaces and sheer drops on the sides - so typical of the north-eastern states.

Coming to cars, the no-frills Bolero still rules when it comes to remote places. Don't think that will change very soon.
Thanks Aditya,
It was very unexpected snowfall, otherwise I could have taken my SJCAM with me with waterproof casing to record the trekking path. And I feel very confident when I do some remote trip only because of the Bolero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Wonderful travelogue there PointZero. And wonderful snaps, as usual. Great inspiration you provide with your travels and inspiring stories. I had considered for a while to go to Sikkim almost at the same time of your visit. Then on further contemplation, I shifted the drive to Tawang instead.
That brings me to your Tawang travelogue. Which again was stupendous for details. Your travelogue had helped me a lot during my planning phase for Tawang.

Great effort. Drive safe.
Thanks dhanushmenon.

Arunachal is surely very beautiful and adventurous because of it's virginity. But Sikkim has it's own beauty in different season. I have traveled so many times to Sikkim but still whenever I plan for any trip, Sikkim comes at the top in my list. Specially I love people living there, they are very sweet and humble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Excellent Travelogue Point Zero with some really good clicks !! I just relived the memories of my trip to West Sikkim earlier in 2016 with my then 3 month old son.

According to me, the icing on the cake w.r.t. your trip was the fresh Snowfall that you came across at Barsey which must have been an awesome experience in it's own self. Rated it a Well Deserved 5*

Sharing some random pictures from my trip to West Sikkim.
Sikkim all around is beautiful and going through such travelogues just instigates the want to do a trip to Sikkim, yet once again and again and again !!
Thanks Arav Da,
I saw your travelogue with 3 month baby. You really have a brave heart. You are right, day by day I am being addicted to Sikkim

Regards -
PointZero
PointZero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 23:17   #18
BHPian

Thanks PointZero for putting up another breathtaking travelogue on Sikkim. Your pictures are excellent to say the least. Keep driving and drive safe.

Best,
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 13:03   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post
Thanks siddarthab,

Walky Talky Details:
Make and Model - BaoFeng BF-888S
Bought from - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Regards -
Point Zero

Do you need a license to use this Walkie Talkie.
Old 6th March 2018, 23:29   #20
BHPian

If you choose the product having frequency of Citizens Band Radio then you do not need a license for it (Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citize...radio_in_India). Otherwise you need license for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumik Ghosh View Post
Do you need a license to use this Walkie Talkie.
Old 9th March 2018, 18:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post
If you choose the product having frequency of Citizens Band Radio then you do not need a license for it (Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citize...radio_in_India). Otherwise you need license for it.
I am specially talking about BaoFeng BF-888S
Old 11th March 2018, 19:14   #22
BHPian

Yes, You need. The frequency range for this model is 400-470 MHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumik Ghosh View Post
I am specially talking about BaoFeng BF-888S

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks