Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2017, 21:59   #1
BHPian

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey

These days runaway designed things are in and so aligned to this I went for a runaway trip. I had many trips but this was of its own kind. No planning, no destination decided just wanted a break. My last trip planned cancelled due to some unexpected medical issue in my family and that led me to take this adverse step. Last moment packing and a day car preparation was all. The start was similar just the Christmas leaves were punched with weekends.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-jpeg1.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-2016_1223_194435_001.jpg
Leaving Home

Day 0 and Day 1(Kolkata -> Siliguri -> Jorethang -> Zoom -> Kaluk -> Rinchenpong):

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-img_20161223_215742.jpg
Near Airport .. Waiting in heavy traffic
Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-2016_1223_225906_019.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-2016_1228_011302_001.jpg
Somewhere at SH7

The night travel was a regular one but early morning drive was something that has to be mentioned. Beyond Raiganj at point Bolero penetrated through the zero visibility fog like a light beam of sun penetrating the atmosphere. From here onward, the play of thief and police started between bolero and Volvo. The Kolkata-Siliguri Royal cruiser sometimes is ahead of me and when it took break, I led it. On the Botolbari road I beat its projector which chased me for a while. The truck line was a small hurdle for me but a big one for that huge machine rendering it to slow down. Beyond the truck jam, once again the blue giant ran faster than we did. The fog was of no filter for it but I was barely able to see through it at an arm's distance also.

Botolbari Road at Night and Early Morning

This run away lasted until Islampur where we lost the blue giant and move towards Rinchenpong via Siliguri -> Jorethang -> Zoom. On the way, we took a break at Jorethang for late lunch and called hotels at Rinchenpong to ensure our stay for the day.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-2016_1224_071338_001.jpg
last Few KM of Botolbari Road at Early Morning.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-2016_1224_075646_004.jpg
After Crossing Islampur .. Moving towards Bagdogra

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-img_20161224_063145.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_0945.jpg
Near Bagdogra .. Still the visibility is very poor.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_0961.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-2016_1224_121951_001.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-2016_1224_142355_007.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_0962.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_0966.jpg
On the way to Jorethang

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_0978.jpg
Reached Rinchenpong

Journey from Siliguri to Rinchenpong​ (720p Available)

Sitting at the hotel room over dinner the topic of discussion was the next day itinerary. Where to go what to do? My friend was least interested for any outing but I cannot stay in a room for the whole day.

To be continued ...
PointZero is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 22:51   #2
BHPian

re: Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey

Day 2(Rinchenpong –> Dentam -> Pelling -> Uttarey -> Chaaya Taal -> Rinchenpong):

Lazy cloudy morning, somehow I got out of bed. Soon got dressed and accompanied by my wife and brother-in-law set forth because once a nomad is always a nomad. The hotel staffs were not much enthusiastic while talking about the local site seeing though this did not affect us much.

Some near by places at Rinchenpong..

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_0989.jpg
Rabindra Smriti Van. Near our Hotel at Rinchenpong

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_0992.jpg
Way to Rabindra Smriti Van.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1002.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1004.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1011.jpg
Some random snaps at nearby monastery

Started driving towards Dentam and enjoyed beautiful valleys on right side. There was no hurry at all, so very slowly we reached Dentam and then decided to move forward as we had nothing in our plans. There are some famous tourist point on this route to Pelling but to me the most uncommon places looks much more beautiful then any specific tourist location. I will share some pictures of different famous points, which may help you to plan your trip. Soon we reached Pelling and planned to try some thuppa before going to Rabdentse and Pemayangtse Monastery.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1017.jpg
Near Hee

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1019.jpg
Some water park near Hee

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1037.jpg
Cultivation near Dentam

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1045.jpg
DentamValley

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1065.jpg
Waterfalls on the way

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1069.jpg
Random Snap

It was a pleasure to meet Miss Ruby at breakfast at her restaurant near Pelling. She was a Lady of great interest as she was spreading the cognizance of the importance and significance of her place among Indians as well as foreign tourists. She had been involved in photography, documentary films and even on the verge of publishing a book of her own. Miss Ruby urged to promote her religion of humanism, which has not yet come to the lime light. I will definitely be in her touch for my next itinerary to Sikkim.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1075.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1079.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1081.jpg
Miss Ruby and Her Shop cum Home at Pelling

To be continued ...

Last edited by PointZero : 28th January 2017 at 22:52. Reason: pic title
PointZero is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 23:02   #3
BHPian

Day 2 continued ...

The gateway to Pemayangtse Monastery was just a few miles from the restaurant beyond the bakery. Before the monastery, we went straight to the Rabdenste ruins, which is the only place of archeological interest in Sikkim. It was cloudy so we were not lucky enough to view Kangchenjunga from there (Kangchenjunga view is beautiful from this ruin).

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1088.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1093.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1095.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1100.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1110.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1114.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1122.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1127.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1129.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1130.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1149.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1153.jpg
Different view of Rabdentse

Rabdentse was the second capital of the former kingdom of Sikkim from 1670 to 1814. The capital city was destroyed by the invading Gurkha army and only the ruins of the palace and the chortens are seen here now. However, the ruins of this city are seen close to Pelling and in West Sikkim district in the Northeastern Indian state of present-day Sikkim. Pemayangtse Monastery is one of the oldest monasteries in Sikkim that is close to the ruins.
Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabdentse

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1160.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1170.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1172.jpg
Pemayangtse Monastery

To be continued ...
PointZero is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 23:09   #4
BHPian

Day 2 continued ...

Paid homage to this place and came down to Pelling again and then planned to go back towards Kaluk. Just before Dentam we took a break to play Carrom in a tea shop. At that place with a cup of tea in my hand, I saw the Dentam valley appeared like the shape of our country, beautiful!

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-2016_1225_133521_002.jpg
Returning from Pelling

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1180.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1184.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1197.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1201.jpg
India map like valley

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1212.jpg

Sikkim has started charging parking and entry fees to earn from tourism. Somehow, I did not like it. The next point was the 2nd highest bridge in Asia, Singshore Bridge which was very crowded due to 25th December, but the piece was really amazing to have a look at. The last one out of the main route was Chaaya Tal and Hee-Patal. I drove quite a long distance in search of it though it was not worth that. While returning it was dusk. The artificial lake was not of much appreciation but having a picnic can be a good idea there (Hahaha). I had no idea that I have driven more than 120kms in this day.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1237.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1249.jpg
Singshore Bridge

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1264.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1273.jpg
Chaaya Tal

To be continued ...
PointZero is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 23:21   #5
BHPian

Day 3 (Rinchenpong -> Serong -> Okhrey - > Hilley -> Varsey -> Okhrey):

Next Morning from Rinchenpong we started driving toward Serong and then reached Okhrey by 10:00 AM. It was a lucky day and just at the onset of Okhrey we met Mr. Cer Sherpa, the owner of a home-stay where we stayed. Well maintained lawn to sit and a beautiful view all around. We were in a dilemma of shall we go to Barsey (Varsey) or stay here only enjoying the afternoon. This is not a season of Rhododendrons so at Barsey there will be nothing special to see but then there was nothing to do for the day also. Ultimately, the owner of the Okhrey hotel made a wise suggestion as he told us to drive to Hilley relish the view and the weather and then come back.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1285.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1309.jpg
Some snaps before leaving Rinchenpong

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1319.jpg
On the way to Sombaria

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1325.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1326.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1334.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1337.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1340.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1347.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1360.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1366.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1371.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1373.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1375.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1389.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1391.jpg
On the way we visited one lonely Monastery

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1396.jpg
Our Stay at Okhrey

To be continued ...

Last edited by PointZero : 28th January 2017 at 23:33. Reason: pic title
PointZero is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 23:36   #6
BHPian

Day 3 continued ...

My friend as usual was not willing to walk a mile, how can he trek for 9.5 kms? When we reached Hilley, at the entrance gate the jungle seemed to beckon us and so we were desperate to check it out. The forest officer handed us the entry ticket, I equipped my brother-in-law with the walky-talky, and another piece was with my friend sitting in the car. Dense forest appeared to be adventurous and it was humid and dingy. Just beyond 1 km, it started raining but on having a closer look, I was amazed to see the pearls of snow.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1458.jpg
Ready to leave for Varesy

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1465.jpg
Welcome to Varsey/Barsey

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1472.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1487.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1516.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1534.jpg
Entry to Treking Road

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1547.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1557.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1565.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1571.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1608.jpg
Snowfall started suddenly

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1616.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1643.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1683.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1684.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1704.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1710.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-img20161226134856.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1725.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1752.jpg

To be continued ...
Old 28th January 2017, 23:49   #7
BHPian

Journey continued ...

On the onset of the snowfall, I called up my friend and once he was sure that the roads were not tedious, he wished to join us. We waited for him at a resting point after 2 km of trek. When we met him, the adventure of the jungle was visible on his face. Soon the place covered in snow and we became a bit playful. Here at the resting point, we met people coming back and conveyed us that they were the last among the group who were not going to put up at Guras Kunj. They said that there is provision for food there.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1755.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1774.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1786.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1795.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1802.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1817.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1819.jpg

At the top, Guras Kunj was built on a large flat area. The snow-clad land was more prominent here because we could view a wider area. For lunch, there was noodles and limited egg available. Sudden snowfall has hindered the delivery of food materials from Hilley to Barsey. Fed with noodles and omelets, I was all set to walk downhill.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1825.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1831.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1862.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1868.jpg
At Guras Kunj (Varsey)

Downhill was slippery because the snowfall has stopped and it has started melting. The water on the hardened ice gave yield to the applied pressure. When I reached near my car, I was overwhelmed to see ice on the head of my car.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1882.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1886.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1906.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1922.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1927.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1929.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1931.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1936.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1947.jpg

Reached Hilley after 9.4 KM wonderful trekking

To be continued ...
Old 28th January 2017, 23:50   #8
BHPian

Trek from Hilley To Varsey and Back​
PointZero is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 00:02   #9
BHPian

Day 3 continued ...

On the way back, the snow covered pitch and the brown Bolero standing on it was a contrast to each other.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1956.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1961.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1965.jpg
Returning from Hilley

Road from Okhrey to Hilley​

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1401.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1404.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1405.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1409.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1421.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1429.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1439.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1452.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1456.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1433.jpg
Some fun moments at Okhrey after returning back from Barsey

Evening passed by having chit-chat among us. The owner was very humble and asked us to join for cooking if we wish to, but then we relished their cooking and having local cuisines is always a part of the enjoyment of places.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1440.jpg
View from our home-stay

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1444.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1966.jpg
Dinner at the home-stay

To be continued ...
PointZero is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 00:09   #10
BHPian

Day 4 (Okhrey -> Jorethang -> Siliguri -> Kolkata)

The early morning breeze was sterile because the natives of this place have protected the place in their palm. They are organic and self-dependent for vegetation, no usage of plastics even packaged water has foregone. In the morning, the frozen dew created a white blanket on the plants and my car roof. The dew on my car glass created a duplicate glass on it. I washed my car with warm water to clean the glass.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1977.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1972.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1997.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_2006.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_2021.jpg
Good Morning Okhrey

After cleanup and breakfast, we started to home.

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_2032.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_2036.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_2044.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_2059.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_2064.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_2075.jpg
Some random snaps while returning home ..

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_1254.jpg

Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-tkd_2025.jpg
Thanks-
Point Zero
PointZero is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 14:19   #11
Team-BHP Support

Re: Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey

Fantastic travelogue, PointZero.

Sikkim truly is one of the most beautiful states in the country. The extensive greenery, clean rivers, mountains and snow provide a sight to behold!

While the pictures are great, the videos you have posted provide the thrills. Narrow mountain roads with loose surfaces and sheer drops on the sides - so typical of the north-eastern states.

Coming to cars, the no-frills Bolero still rules when it comes to remote places. Don't think that will change very soon.
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 13:47   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post
Day 3 continued ...

..... I equipped my brother-in-law with the walky-talky, and another piece was with my friend sitting in the car. Dense forest appeared to be adventurous and it was humid and dingy. Just beyond 1 km, it started raining but on having a closer look, I was amazed to see the pearls of snow.

Beautiful location and the snowfall was the icing on the cake !!! Fabulous pictures as usual

Can you please share the make/model of the Walky Talky that you use.

Warm regards,

Siddhartha

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st January 2017 at 14:06. Reason: Fixing quote tag
siddarthab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 17:06   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddarthab View Post

Beautiful location and the snowfall was the icing on the cake !!! Fabulous pictures as usual

Can you please share the make/model of the Walky Talky that you use.

Warm regards,

Siddhartha
Thanks siddarthab,

Walky Talky Details:
Make and Model - BaoFeng BF-888S
Bought from - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Regards -
Point Zero
PointZero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 19:46   #14
BHPian

Route Map From Sevok
Attached Thumbnails
Another escape to Majestic Sikkim - Richenpong, Pelling, Okhrey & Varsey-west_sikkim.jpg  

PointZero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 08:11   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful travelogue there PointZero. And wonderful snaps, as usual. Great inspiration you provide with your travels and inspiring stories. I had considered for a while to go to Sikkim almost at the same time of your visit. Then on further contemplation, I shifted the drive to Tawang instead.
That brings me to your Tawang travelogue. Which again was stupendous for details. Your travelogue had helped me a lot during my planning phase for Tawang.

Great effort. Drive safe.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks