Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2017, 15:44   #1
BHPian

Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter

After a long pause I planned once again to burn my bull wheels (Royal Enfield Electra 2004, DL3SAH8507)) for a long ride along with my very own Royal Rider's Club, Kolkata.

This time, my pillion, my elder daughter, debut her 1st adventurous 800 KMS, among which 1st day comprises of night ride.

24th March 2017, at around 11 pm our journey kick started from our residence at Howrah where other three rider soulmate and two pillion brothers accompanied me.

On reaching Palsit Toll Plaza we took a brisk rest at a dhaba for dinner at Saktigarh. then headed for our 1st destination en route Bankura, Purulia, to reach Rajappa near Ranchi at Jharkhand. This stretch is around 400 kms from our starting point.
Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter-1-we-palsit-toll-plaza.jpeg
We at Palsit Toll Plaza NH-2

Post Dinner we rode till border of Bankura where the all other team mates requested for some rest except my daughter who was still brimming with energy. After the rest we again started our journey but due to some bad road stretch in the district of Bankura average pace got minimized and the time taken was just absurd. Roads at Purulia district was awesome and we throttled to catch the timing but in vain due to certain unwanted reasons.
Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter-4-bad-road.jpeg
Bad Road.

Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter-2-some-where-bankura.jpeg
Somewhere In Bankura

Ultimately we reached Rajarappa at around 2 pm (14 hrs of riding for 400 kms) My daughter kept herself awake and enjoyed every bit of riding to the fullest
Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter-3-maa-chinnamastaka-mandir.jpeg
Maa Chinnamastaka Mandir

We took just two hours to get ourselves fresh and offering puja to Maa Chinnamastaka and again started up around 4pm to for Bankura Sabujdeep where other Royal Riders' were waiting for us. This was apparently 200 kms from Rajarappa.
Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter-6-good-bye-jharkhand.jpeg
Bye-bye Jharkhand.

We ran through district of Purulia and enjoyed beutiful terrain offering charming scenic beauty till it was dark.
Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter-5-scenic-beuti.jpeg
Scenic Beauty

The pace became slow again and reached at Bankura town at around 9pm. I tied my daughter with a harness to keep myself alert if she gets drowsy but not required although as she was awake and enjoying the tough ride.

Reaching Bankura town we were shocked to hear that the destiny is 75 more kms away. After getting into the jungle road there was none to ask about the route directions all the mobiles were out of power and as a resultant we lost our path and kept going round through wrong ways. It sucked our time and energy both. After a long hunt we saw a Bullet is approaching us and we were overwhelmed to see one of our rider friend from Sabujdeep advance team came to recieve us along with a local guide. It was around 2 am in the night where we met with this friend and it took one more hour to reach the destination.
Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter-8-advance-team.jpeg
Our Advance team.
Our advance team was very happy to receive us with refreshments and late dinner. My exhausted daughter was also amazed to get into the resort at the island namely Sabujdeep Eco Tourism and got rejuvenated, had her dinner and went for sleep after 27 hours of nonstop journey on two wheeler.
Next day morning 26th March 2017 woke up bit late at around 10 am and had our breakfast then I witness the beautiful place where nature all around us with picturesque back drop while exploring the place. It is a small island encircled by river Kanksabati where W.B. Govt tourism has developed this Eco Tourism project. There is a small bridge to get into this island. With the day it became so hot that we cancelled the plan of getting into river Kanksbati.
Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter-14-ready-return.jpg
Ready to return.
Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter-16-while-back-resort.jpeg
While we return.
Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter-20-break-tea.jpeg
A break for tea.
The team fixed up 2 pm as to start our return ride. Started from Sabujdeep we halted for lunch at Jhargram. After having lunch and a good chit chatt we started back for home. Crossing Lodhasuli Jungle we rached Kharagpur from where we followed on NH-6 for Kolkata. The good bye halt was at Kolaghat with a brisk hi-tea. All were happy to have this great ride with lots of snaps and heart-full of memories specially with my daughter (A future Rider within the Core), bidding good bye to my awesome team, me and my daughter reached our Home sweet Home at Howrah.
Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter-22-goodbye-halt-kolkaghat.jpeg
Good-bye halt at Kolkaghat.

NB- Pic Courtesy Members of Royal Riders' Club-Kolkata.

Last edited by T2luvroads : 30th March 2017 at 17:48.
T2luvroads is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 20:38   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 01:50   #3
BHPian

re: Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter

It's good to see the camaraderie of your group and your daughter enjoying every bit of her first 'Long' ride. Nice to see the little one taking a liking to biking.
Just a word of advice though. Apart from the elbow guard and knee guard, I don't see any other peice of protective clothing on either of you. Have you given a thought on investing in a good riding jacket and gloves? On a priority, I guess you should be doing that.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 12:15   #4
BHPian

Re: Riding 830 km & for 32 hours with my 10 year old daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
It's good to see the camaraderie of your group and your daughter enjoying every bit of her first 'Long' ride. Nice to see the little one taking a liking to biking.
Just a word of advice though. Apart from the elbow guard and knee guard, I don't see any other peice of protective clothing on either of you. Have you given a thought on investing in a good riding jacket and gloves? On a priority, I guess you should be doing that.
Thanks snehal
Absolutely we were on our gloves though not evident in pictures as those were planned shot . Obviously missing is the jacket which by next ride will be on.
Regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks