Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2017, 13:17   #46
BHPian

Re: Nepal: Driving expedition through the trekking trail

PointZero is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 07:37   #47
BHPian

@PointZero. You just made my day! This was a trip I have been contemplating since a while, and was unsure how to go about it. Had checked with a couple of friends including one in Nepal, but could not make up my mind about the details. And you come up with this awesome TL. Thanks pal, and now you can rest assured I shall be pinging you soon for more details that are required. Thanks in advance!
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 23:21   #48
BHPian

Thanks Unavowed,

Please feel free to ping me any time.

Regards -
PointZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
@PointZero. You just made my day! This was a trip I have been contemplating since a while, and was unsure how to go about it. Had checked with a couple of friends including one in Nepal, but could not make up my mind about the details. And you come up with this awesome TL. Thanks pal, and now you can rest assured I shall be pinging you soon for more details that are required. Thanks in advance!
Old 30th April 2019, 12:27   #49

Hi,

Firstly, congratulations on an amazing journey. I am planning the same route.

Some questions:

1. Which month was this trip undertaken in?
2. Will this be possible on a Duster 2WD? I have earlier done Kishtwar-Tandi Road and Sach Pass on my Duster 2WD and the roads look similar.
3. Will end December mean these roads covered in snow?

Cheers,
Taz
Old 30th April 2019, 16:44   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post
He said I will not be able to drive to Jomsom because the roads are not good and without a 4WD car it is not possible to reach Jomsom.

Thanks for the wonderful travelogue.
You are lucky that you completed such an adventurous trip in a 2wd. I would not have dared to go here without a 4wd. Driving a 2wd in such terrain may ruin your plan as you may get stuck if your luck is bad or if the weather turns foul. I am not trying to be negative here. My point is, if you are such a passionate driver and love to visit such adventurous places then you must have a 4wd or at least a AWD. A 4wd Bolero is your first answer since you already have a Bolero. This is just a suggestion to be safe and to reach where others can only dream of.
Old 2nd May 2019, 11:32   #51

1. Entry and Exit Permit: For Indian there is no such formal immigration in any of the borders. We went to immigration centre to confirm that and they assured that if any permit is required for a particular place that can be done on the go. So there is no need to take any permit or immigration stamp on your Indian passport. Even if you do not have a passport just carry your Voter ID card to enter Nepal. For vehicle road-tax to be paid to Nepal RTO. Tax for Indian Private car is 300/- INR per day or 400/- NC per day. Tax token is very important throughout your stay in Nepal. Take one or two days extra tax for your vehicle, extension of road tax is very complicated. There was no English form at the RTO office, so you have to fill the form in Hindi. Time: 30 Min.

I am planning to make a Road trip from Patna-Raxaul-Birganj-Pokhara-kathmandu-Janakpur-Motihari-Patna.
Date- Mid May
1. You mentioned the office time for TIMS permit, what is the office time for RTO (Bhansar) tax payment. As i have planned to stay overnight at Raxaul so by what time will it open.
2. Road condition From Birgunj-Pokhara-kathmandu-janakpur, as i am planning to drive in Honda City (I have previously done Birgunj-kahtmandu in Honda city in 2016. Trip to EBC- I went till kathmandu by car and further trekking).

Thanks
krishna
Old 13th May 2019, 13:28   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmohan90 View Post
1. Entry and Exit Permit: For Indian there is no such formal immigration in any of the borders. We went to immigration centre to confirm that and they assured that if any permit is required for a particular place that can be done on the go. So there is no need to take any permit or immigration stamp on your Indian passport. Even if you do not have a passport just carry your Voter ID card to enter Nepal. For vehicle road-tax to be paid to Nepal RTO. Tax for Indian Private car is 300/- INR per day or 400/- NC per day. Tax token is very important throughout your stay in Nepal. Take one or two days extra tax for your vehicle, extension of road tax is very complicated. There was no English form at the RTO office, so you have to fill the form in Hindi. Time: 30 Min.

I am planning to make a Road trip from Patna-Raxaul-Birganj-Pokhara-kathmandu-Janakpur-Motihari-Patna.
Date- Mid May

1. You mentioned the office time for TIMS permit, what is the office time for RTO (Bhansar) tax payment. As i have planned to stay overnight at Raxaul so by what time will it open.

>> I am not sure about the timing. It should be 10-5 govt office i guess.

2. Road condition From Birgunj-Pokhara-kathmandu-janakpur, as i am planning to drive in Honda City (I have previously done Birgunj-kahtmandu in Honda city in 2016. Trip to EBC- I went till kathmandu by car and further trekking).

>> During my visit the Birgunj-Pokhara road was completely broken and lots of dust. Most of the bus & truck from India take the route and because the large vehicle and broken rods the area is full of dust. We faced traffic jam in multiple location on the uphill roads. Pokhara-kathmandu-janakpur road is okay and no issue.

Thanks
krishna[/quote]
Old 30th October 2019, 00:39   #53
BHPian

Lovely and elaborate. Thanks a ton...
T2luvroads is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks