Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2019, 12:32   #31

Re: In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh

@Arav , bro, wonderful travelogue. How would you rate the roads on your return trip. I am planning to go there between 23rd and 26th of this month. The roads looked inviting from the pictures. How about the Durgapur - Bankura - Purulia - Jamshedpur route. Anyone got any feedback on this. Please share if you do. I have been to Purulia via this route and the roads are delicious to say the least. I am not so sure about the stretch after Purulia though. If the Medinipur route doesn't have too many craters or diversions I will be happy to take that route as well. My car has a pretty low gc of 155 mm and any diversion with small or medium craters will make life difficult for me.

Arav, the Midnapore route, does it have a good stop in between for family where one can take a break and have good food.
s_scorpion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 23:32   #32
BHPian

Re: In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_scorpion View Post
@Arav , bro, wonderful travelogue. How would you rate the roads on your return trip. I am planning to go there between 23rd and 26th of this month. The roads looked inviting from the pictures. How about the Durgapur - Bankura - Purulia - Jamshedpur route. Anyone got any feedback on this. Please share if you do. I have been to Purulia via this route and the roads are delicious to say the least. I am not so sure about the stretch after Purulia though. If the Medinipur route doesn't have too many craters or diversions I will be happy to take that route as well. My car has a pretty low gc of 155 mm and any diversion with small or medium craters will make life difficult for me.

Arav, the Midnapore route, does it have a good stop in between for family where one can take a break and have good food.
The Medinipore Route then was fabulous and i do recommend it for all the good and honest reasons. Though road conditions are something which keep changing with time, either get better or worse. But, this route is lesser explored with minimal traffic and hardly any commercial vehicles operating in the locality. Thus suggested to go ahead and enjoy !

Medinipore town itself has a lot of good food places. On your route through the town you will come across Hotel Rose Valley which has sumptuous food and parking easily available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks