Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2018, 18:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Pan-American Road Trip! Picking up our Sakhir Orange BMW M6 Gran Coupe!

Congratulations!
Im a student in New York too and Im planning on getting a super car but the insurance rates are crazy. What are you doing for the insurance?
Old 8th August 2018, 09:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash2424 View Post
Congratulations!
Im a student in New York too and Im planning on getting a super car but the insurance rates are crazy. What are you doing for the insurance?

Hey Yash,

That's awesome! What kind of car are you planning on getting?

My insurance quote was around $800 a month if I wanted to register it personally as a 20 year old college student who lives in an apartment... So I registered it through my dad's business and I made him sign on the insurance as well and quote the car as mainly for business with some personal use. Dropped the insurance to about 300 a month for both of us. Not great, but much much better than $800 a month!

I'm insured with Progressive, and we have/had multiple company cars over the past few years, with no major claims, so our history is good. So that probably helped a lot. Geico is the one that said $800 if we wanted to get a policy with them for the first time... Needless to say we went with Progressive. I'd say shop around - you might get much better deals. If you're here without family and don't know how insurance works, I'd say get a family member or friend who knows this stuff to double check the coverage and terms your policies provide for different price points - if you're getting a sports/super car it's always better to be on the safer side and not "wing" your policy and coverage, especially given your age.

My dad was the one that picked the policy for me... So if you need help or recommendations, feel free to private message!

Let me know when and what you plan on getting! I travel quite a bit, and now I road trip a lot too so I would love to check it out!

Last edited by R. Ravi : 8th August 2018 at 09:44.
Old 20th August 2018, 16:45   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Ravi View Post
Hey Yash,

That's awesome! What kind of car are you planning on getting?

Let me know when and what you plan on getting! I travel quite a bit, and now I road trip a lot too so I would love to check it out!
Hi
Yes I have been able to find a friend who has agreed to help me sort out the car as a company purchase so I hope that works out. If it does I am planning to get the BMW I8 or the V8 Vantage.
Do let me know whenever you're in NYC cheers!
yash2424 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks