Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2018, 13:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: S-Cross'd : Birthday Drive - BR Hills, MM Hills, Hogenakkal Falls, Stanley and Mettur

Route Details

Route Plan

S-Cross'd : Birthday Drive - BR Hills, MM Hills, Hogenakkal Falls, Stanley and Mettur-br-mm-hog-mettur.png

GPS trail

Track.gpx

Thanks guys for reading.

THE END
laluks is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 17:50   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: S-Cross'd : Birthday Drive - BR Hills, MM Hills, Hogenakkal Falls, Stanley and Mettur

Mod's note: Moved thread from Assembly Line to the Travelogues section. Thanks for sharing!
theMAG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 23:20   #18
BHPian

Thanks for sharing this route from Karnataka side.

I have been to Hogenakkal several times from the Tamilnadu side but never was able to visit the main falls (cine falls) because the hanging bridge that leads to the falls is blocked by coracle lobby. The only way to visit Cine falls from the TN side is to take coracles and my daughter is too young to be allowed.

Anyway the mad crowd, unsafe coracles and touts push me away. Always thought of going through the KA side but plan never materialized. Thanks again for highlighting this route. It seems it's worth to take the longer route from Bangalore.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 4th August 2018 at 23:21.
Thermodynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 23:51   #19
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for another travelogue treat Lalu

You covered a lot in a day as usual

Spending time with the family on such a drive takes the cake. Pictures at the temple, falls and reservoir are surreal.

Belated birthday wishes to Sr. PPG, you have definitely reversed the disappointment of the birthday Friday with a great Sunday that will be remembered.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 07:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Thanks for sharing this route from Karnataka side.

I have been to Hogenakkal several times from the Tamilnadu side but never was able to visit the main falls (cine falls) because the hanging bridge that leads to the falls is blocked by coracle lobby. The only way to visit Cine falls from the TN side is to take coracles and my daughter is too young to be allowed.

Anyway the mad crowd, unsafe coracles and touts push me away. Always thought of going through the KA side but plan never materialized. Thanks again for highlighting this route. It seems it's worth to take the longer route from Bangalore.
Thanks Thermodynamics.

My impression of the TN side Hogenakkal setup is also the same. I had gone there with a friend of mine sometime in the 90's. At the turnoff one tout took some 100Rs for some parking/entry fee or something. Then while we we reached the messy parking area, we were surrounded by guys selling coracle rides that my friend got really offended. But then the water level were manageable, and I remember we walking across or so. On the other side there were mad rush of people, and one group in its rush pushed his kid down. Even while the kid was on the ground people showed no concern and pushed my friend away to make way for them. I really got pissed and had to pick up some verbal duel to get the kid back safely. We did not enjoy that visit at all. So whenever somebody calls me lets go Hogenakkal I get offended.

Hence I thought let us try KA side. And thankfully it is what it is supposed to be. Rush is there, but peaceful. I can't say much about the coracle rides from KA side, since they could not operate due to the rising water and flow. Even if they are operating, you might not need one to visit falls, but probably for a feel, if they take you around peacefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks for another travelogue treat Lalu

You covered a lot in a day as usual

Spending time with the family on such a drive takes the cake. Pictures at the temple, falls and reservoir are surreal.

Belated birthday wishes to Sr. PPG, you have definitely reversed the disappointment of the birthday Friday with a great Sunday that will be remembered.
Thanks NPV.

We drive a lot if we get out

The overcast sky, with a teaser that it will fall anytime made the places look surreal. The overcast sky at BR Hills and Stanley gave us some good pictures.

Hogenakkal was a pleasant surprise from KA side. I loved it.

Will convey the wishes to Sr. PPG. She was happy after the trip, and that made my day. She is asking for a long drive again, have to workout some plan.
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 11:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sr PPG is in college? How time flies. Belated Birthday wishes to her

Well planned as usual. And a great travelogue too
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 11:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Sr PPG is in college? How time flies. Belated Birthday wishes to her

Well planned as usual. And a great travelogue too

Thanks mallumowgli. She is already in 2nd year degree course. Yes time flies. Will convey your wishes
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 17:47   #23
BHPian

Mate, you have covered in a single day what I have been planning to cover over a period of 3/4 weekends - one place at a time.
You are a legend. Wish you and your Kung Fu Panda many more safe miles.

Your yaganti thread inspired me to visit it during my ahobilam trip. Your posts continue to inspire us. Keep them coming.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 23:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

WOW, that's the first word to say!!! At this rate of trips and travelogues, you are making us to feel more guilty laluks Its difficult for us to keep track of all your trips and beautiful memories and probably you may need an index thread in travelogue section

Jokes apart, this is indeed awesome and lovely pictures. Super! As usual S-Cross rocks.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 06:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Mate, you have covered in a single day what I have been planning to cover over a period of 3/4 weekends - one place at a time.
You are a legend. Wish you and your Kung Fu Panda many more safe miles.

Your yaganti thread inspired me to visit it during my ahobilam trip. Your posts continue to inspire us. Keep them coming.
Thanks srvm.

Getting out together has become a rarity due to the fact that the kids are in higher classes and managing a date together for a trip is always difficult. So when we get out we make the max of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
WOW, that's the first word to say!!! At this rate of trips and travelogues, you are making us to feel more guilty laluks Its difficult for us to keep track of all your trips and beautiful memories and probably you may need an index thread in travelogue section

Jokes apart, this is indeed awesome and lovely pictures. Super! As usual S-Cross rocks.

-Ravi

Thanks Ravi, long time no see.

Index thread , probably there are others who have more travelogues than mine here.

But I do have an index of all these logs here at my fb page
https://www.facebook.com/India-from-...2811002145085/

Just realized, I need to update the links to all my S-cross'd series there.
Old 6th August 2018, 11:36   #26
BHPian

Sorry for my ignorance of new gen terminologies. But what is PPG?
Lambydude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 11:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Sorry for my ignorance of new gen terminologies. But what is PPG?
I have been with teambhp logging my travelogues for almost a decade now. My kids my two tiny girls were code named PowerPuff Girls or PPGs.

Their escapades with their dadda made them known to almost the regular loyalists of my travelogues as PPGs.

You have almost 50 odd travelogues to read and catch up
laluks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 13:01   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Another of your beautiful travelogue.

Till I visited BR hills some 3 years back, I had a picture of an old secluded temple on top of a hill surrounded by forest. While most of that is true, unlike your case, I visited it when it the temple was moderately crowded and when the concrete gopuram work was almost getting over. Though the place has a charm, I must admit that it was not what I had imagined. However, the view of forest from top of the hill compensated for the same.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 00:22   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
BR Temple

Stairs leading to the temple
Wow!! Quickly planned trip and that also a Long one ... Many times such trips give us more pleasure and remembrance.

The stairs to the temple reminded me of the steps to Tiruttani Temple near Chennai (bit near but bit far from). In Tiruttani also there is a new Rajagopuram being built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
BR Temple

The swaying trees will be etched in our memories for a long time to come

The sights we saw were to die for. Waiting for the imminent downpour amidst thick tree cover. Lovely
That is an amazing experience.. It made your daughter's birthday more refreshing. One small disappointment and GOD made it up with a wonderful one the next day. The photos were just superb!!! Very rare captures of such natures actions. The greenery is also just refreshing to the eyes. Thank you.

Been to Hogenakkal with family few years ago. Not much crowded at that time - luckily. Was lucky to get a Coracle ride at a cheaper price after hectic bargaining. My daughters enjoyed it.

I had seen Mettur dam very close for many years in my childhood days. Specifically when the sluice gates were opened, we used to watch for hours.

Special word for your S-Cross... Oh! No!! KungfuPanda.... It is drinking less I think.
pradeepnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 17:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Another of your beautiful travelogue.

Till I visited BR hills some 3 years back, I had a picture of an old secluded temple on top of a hill surrounded by forest. While most of that is true, unlike your case, I visited it when it the temple was moderately crowded and when the concrete gopuram work was almost getting over. Though the place has a charm, I must admit that it was not what I had imagined. However, the view of forest from top of the hill compensated for the same.
Thanks Suhas.
BR hills - forest view from the temple is too good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepnair View Post
Wow!! Quickly planned trip and that also a Long one ... Many times such trips give us more pleasure and remembrance.

The stairs to the temple reminded me of the steps to Tiruttani Temple near Chennai (bit near but bit far from). In Tiruttani also there is a new Rajagopuram being built.

Been to Hogenakkal with family few years ago. Not much crowded at that time - luckily. Was lucky to get a Coracle ride at a cheaper price after hectic bargaining. My daughters enjoyed it.

I had seen Mettur dam very close for many years in my childhood days. Specifically when the sluice gates were opened, we used to watch for hours.

Special word for your S-Cross... Oh! No!! KungfuPanda.... It is drinking less I think.
Thanks Pradeep.
Kungfu Panda doesn't drink much

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks