Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2018, 18:36   #1
BHPian

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!

It had been a while since we had gone on a vacation so decided to make an international trip. Every time I had a layover at Dubai airport I always wondered what the hype about Dubai was. So decided to find out. Since this would be my first time there and since a couple from another city would be joining us we decided to use a travel agent. We used Make my trip (More on this later).

Our flight out of Bangalore was on a Monday morning so in my mind assumed the airport would be less crowded, boy was I wrong! Thankfully the only place we got held up was when entering the building as most travelers were domestic.

This is not the first time I have seen this view so wasn't too excited but this also led to my first "Is this for real?" moment. The amount of greenery you see in Dubai can give some parts of Bangalore (garden city) a run for its money! Flora that has no right to be in middle of the desert seem to flourish here.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-20181008_140511.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-20181008_141017.jpg

MMT (Makemytrip) had initially allotted a hotel as part of the package, however on checking reviews on trip advisor the hotel was infamous for a loud disco inside. This seemed to be a common theme across most hotels so I asked MMT to give me some options to chose from. Eventually I settled down on the Hyatt Place in Al Rigga as there was no mention of loud music in any of their reviews (That's because they only have a bar and no disco).
As part of the package we were entitled to a private pickup from the airport in a luxury car. All dreams of an S class or 7 series or similar car (what else do you expect in Dubai?) came crashing down when I saw a gleaming black Chevy Impala waiting for us. Though no complaints with the way the trip was organised once we landed.

Our first pleasant surprise was in the form of an upgrade to an apartment suite. I still don't know why we were upgraded but I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth and gladly accepted. This was to be our home for the next 5 nights.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-20181008_155138.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-20181008_155155.jpg

Our friends from Pune were arriving that night so we had pretty much the entire day to ourselves which we used to go meet a friend. Dubai is not very large distance wise so you can pretty much get around in a cab from 20-30 AED. You also have an option of the Metro but heard the travel time increases and you have to walk to a nearby station and might have to wait. Cab was easier as you can flag one down while standing at the kerb.

Day 1 of the package: City tour of Dubai (Energy level required 3/5).

MMT uses Royal Gulf tours as their onsite travel partner. So you are picked up from your hotel in a shuttle and taken to common place and board a Coach for the tour.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-coach.jpg

The first stop is the Dubai Museum and its the oldest building (1787). Though built as a fort its not very big.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0017.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_00062.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0011.jpg

The place is nicely done up with Dioramas depicting the traditional way of life.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0012.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-diorama.jpg

Dubai is not all skyscrapers there are also glimpses of ancient architecture too.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-old.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0033.jpg

From the Museum the next stop is at a local traditional handicrafts emporium, there is no photography allowed though you can buy a traditional rug with precious stones woven in golden thread should you choose too!

One disadvantage of using a package tour is you are bound to a schedule even if it does not make sense , otherwise how else would you explain a 15 minute photo stop at Jumeirah beach at 12 noon? Though on the plus side the beach is Wi-Fi enabled.

In background you can see the Burj Al Arab and the famous helipad where one David Coulthard enjoys his morning donuts .

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0032edit.jpg

From there it was a drive around Jumeirah palm all from the comfort of the coach (another disadvantage of the city tour).

Go for the city tour only if you want to put a check on a list that says you have been there. I wish I knew this before (would not be the only time in this trip).

That done it was time to head to the room and needless to say was famished so stopped over at Al Ibrahimi Palace Restaurant. Wanted to go Ala Carte but the waiter seemed to take it as an insult that we didn't want to try their famous 50 item buffet. Challenge accepted and did full justice (evident with the fact I did not click a single picture).

One of the secrets to all the greenery, the entire state is covered with drip irrigation pipes!

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-20181012_162408.jpg

Day 1 of the package evening : Dhow Cruise (Energy level required 2/5).

All you need to do is get on a boat and get fed for about 1.5 hours, how hard can that be? The food is ok and not to die for but we didn't mind because a ride in a boat can be very relaxing .

Our ride for the evening.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_00012.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0002.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0004.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0005.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0010.jpg

A traditional Tanoura Dance, the guy twirls around for 15-20 minutes and makes various designs with those basket type things. Does not break a sweat or feel dizzy though looking at him I started feeling dizzy.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0027.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0029.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0034.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0035.jpg

Old custom with new tech!

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0042.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0045.jpg

The not so glamorous side but this is a major port of trade.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0013.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0018.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 16th October 2018 at 23:24. Reason: Typos, missing periods. Spacing.
deepfreak15 is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 20:20   #2
BHPian

I went to Dubai

The next day morning you are free to do whatever you want.
Sadly the vote was 3/4 in favour of shopping in Deira City Centre. Word of advice use that time wisely! But the activity for the day starts at 3PM so be back in the hotel by then.

Day 2 of the package: 3PM Desert Safari (Energy level required 3/5).

Royal Gulf tours outsources some of their activities to Rayna Tours, while they managed the previous days Dhow cruise well they goofed up by splitting us in two groups. A 4x4 was supposed to pick us up from the hotel and they accommodate 6 passengers per SUV. So that meant we were stuck with 4 strangers per car when we 4 should have been in one. We called the co-ordinator and let them know what we felt about this fiasco. So they upgraded us to a private group (only 4 in an SUV).

All the SUVs stop at a common spot and deflate their tyres to 12-13 psi for this desert. There are some deserts where they have to deflate to 9 psi but those parts are not open to tourists.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-road.jpg

Each vehicle has to have a roll cage.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-roll-cage.jpg

Once you enter the desert its a free for all. At first you think they will follow a set course because visibility is 0 in all dimensions (literally),you only see sand dunes all around but then they start peeling off into different directions. When I asked our guide how would he know if there was a truck/human/camel when we got over a crest he said pure luck (I think he was joking but I could see no other logical explanation) Each SUV is fitted with GPS and is monitored to see if its stuck somewhere.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-1.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-2.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-3.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-4.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-5.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-rip.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-rip1.jpg

Even the delivery vehicles seem to have fun.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-goods.jpg

It is nerve wracking trying to get a picture and at the same time look over your shoulder and make sure you are not in the path of an incoming vehicle.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-splash.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-splash-1.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-splash-2.jpg

Eventually I got the hang of it, climb to the top of the nearest crest and keep your camera pointed in one direction and eventually you will catch some SUVs with your camera and not your back.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-distance.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-into-sun.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-solo.jpg

The odd one out.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-nissan.jpg

We were lucky to get this guy, he seemed to be having the most fun amongst the other vehicles even on our way out at night.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-guide.jpg

Yours truly (with the camera).

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-me.jpg

Toyota must really love the Middle East.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-toyota.jpg

If you want to ride on the sand you can use a Quad bike (extra cost) but they were reigned in by an ATV in front (so technically you don't hurt yourself and don't have fun while doing it).

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-atv.jpg

The original SUV of the desert.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-ship.jpg

I guess he is trying to figure out which is more reliable.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-cp1.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-cp2.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-hp.jpg

Each tour operator has their own camp and this was ours.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-camp.jpg

Another version of the whirling dance.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dance.jpg

This guy was pretty good.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-fire.jpg

There was a belly dance too but it seemed more of a "can you dance along with me" she would go around the floor pick a person from the audience and show him/her a few moves and ask them to follow along. It was no where close to the belly dance I have seen on you tube but she did a good job of keeping the crowd entertained.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-peek-sunn.jpg

And that was a wrap for Day 2.

TIP: If your goal is to enjoy dune bashing and get great pics go for the morning safari, you can skip the camp activities.
If you want the best of the camp activities book a private tour - You get front row seats and it comes with an added bonus, table service - you do not have to stand in line for food or snacks (totally worth it as the queues can get long).

Last edited by aah78 : 16th October 2018 at 23:25. Reason: Minor typo(s). Spacing.
deepfreak15 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 21:52   #3
BHPian

I went to Dubai

Day 3 of the package: Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa (Energy level required 5/5).

As per MMT the Mall visit starts at 4pm and the Burj Khalifa is in the same building, word of advice go early! We went at 11am and did not have time to roam around. The Aquarium and underwater zoo were not part of the package so we bought extra tickets.

TIP: Skip the explorer package (behind the scenes tour) and try to either get tickets for the King Croc or Shark feeding, these are time bound so plan in advance.

Growing up, my grandfather had an aquarium at home, this is a far cry from that!

What better way to advertise a diving watch.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-advert.jpg

While the divers are promoting a watch these are keeping a watch! The largest is 25 feet!

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-jaws1.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-jaws2.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-shark-view.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-alien.jpg

Job description: Need certified diver to clean tank, must not be afraid of sharks!

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-clean-diver.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-diver.jpg

Should you feel inclined to feed the sharks you can do so in this. The sharks are well fed to prevent them from eating anything else that moves in the tank, humans included!

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-shark-cage.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-saw.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-sting-ray.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-ray.jpg

This is where the fish are fed, so human in this tank = food around.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-feeding-tank.jpg

I have only heard of a Fish Menu, this is the first time I am seeing a Menu for the fish!

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-menu.jpg

2 floors above this tank is an underwater zoo where the "tamer" species are housed, though a few deadly ones are lurking around (desert snakes, scorpions and The King Croc!).

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-penguin.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-underwater-zoo.jpg

Baby croc, as large as your palm.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-baby-croc.jpg

Not so small. You have to see it to believe how large this guy is.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-giant-croc.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-giant-croc2.jpg

The Mall is the largest in the world, Period! You will get lost, you will get tired walking around, you will baulk at the prices in most stores, these are some of the given facts when you enter. They have full size skating rink inside for crying out loud.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-ice-rink.jpg

Some of the most expensive fashion brands are bunched together in a section called Fashion Avenue.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-fashion-avenue-2.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-fashion-avenue-22.jpg

Tip: Use the Loos in fashion avenue, they will give most 5 star hotel restrooms an inferiority complex.

The Burj Khalifa

The only thought that runs in my head every-time I see this building is "Tom Cruise must be insane"! Not only did he run down one section of this tower, he sat on top of this building to take a selfie!

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-bhurj.jpg

TIP: Though your ticket has a time slot they don't mind if you are 30 minutes early .
There is no time limit how long you can spend on the 124th or 125th floor.
You might have to wait for a while to get a good spot near the viewing glass.
The floor has wood panel layers, so moves when people walk around so if you try long exposure photography there will be movement and a lot of ambient light reflecting with flashes going off galore , but that didn't stop me from trying.
Should you feel this building is not tall enough for you they are constructing one taller than this that will be completed in 2020.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-bhurj-night.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-bhurj-night1.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-bhurj-night2.jpg

Unfortunately, my camera battery and my body battery drained so skipped the fountain show and headed back home. By now I am physically drained!

Last edited by aah78 : 16th October 2018 at 23:29. Reason: Grammar, spacing.
deepfreak15 is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 22:07   #4
BHPian

I went to Dubai

Day 4 of the package: Abu Dhabi (Energy level required 5/5).

Hindsight is 20/20. I should not have left Ferrari world for the last day!

Abu Dhabi is the richest of the 7 states that make up the UAE! So needless to say, it shows. We have a tight schedule ahead of us (its a 2 hour drive from Dubai) so most sights are covered by bus.

The building where they jumped the Lykan in the Fast And The Furious (Furious 7), also home to an Aston Martin Dealership on the ground floor.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0010.jpg

You cannot cover the place in one day so I would recommend keeping 2 days just for this state.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-20181012_143126.jpg

Ferrari World: My highest high and lowest low in this trip! For some reason I did not do any research on this place, all I knew was Formula Rossa was here (the world's fastest roller coaster) and its a home away from home for Ferrari.
You can imagine my disappointment when a hall full of exotics turned out to be a bunch of models. I was so upset I did not take my camera out the entire time I was there!

Though that did not stop me from hopping aboard the Rossa. TIP: Insist on the front row. You may have to wait a couple of turns but considering each ride is a little over a minute you wont have a long wait. Usually, a roller coaster will go to a highest point and roll down to gain momentum ... Not this one! 0-240 kmph in 4 secs and you experience around 4.8g. Enough said!

Tip: Dont forget to smile, there are cameras that capture your reaction.

Gosh, I wish I had properly researched this place! There were quiet a few rides that had "Out of service" signs so that was a major damper, and I completely overlooked some hidden gems (Turbo Track).

Tip: Book a slot for the F1 simulator. It looked like a ton of fun but by the time I got around to it the next available slot was when my coach was about to leave.
Go-Karting is a hit or miss! If you get stuck in a group when one or more can't drive you are screwed. There is a time limit of 7 minutes that includes yellow flags (If someone spins, they remotely halve your speed) and red flags (If they spin and are blocking the track everyone is remotely stopped).

By the way this is what the best of the worst looks like, which leads me to my next Tip: Carry your phone/camera to the track, they will give you lockers to keep them, that way should you manage to come first you can take a pic. It only lasts till the next session ends.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-20181012_124515.jpg

If you can, budget for the real Ferrari experience in a real car, that comes to around 600-700 AED.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-20181012_141934.jpg

Which brings us to the last item on the package Sheikh Zayed Mosque AKA The Grand Mosque.

First and foremost most of us are tourists (guests in someone else's country). So please respect their rules. Even before leaving India there are multiple reminders about dress codes. I can understand if you don't want to visit the place (they clearly communicate you can wait in the coach). It was sad to see skimpily clad ladies in our coach trying to sneak out! They were shooed them back in the coach. Tip: Should you choose not to enter the mosque you can enter a very modern coffee shop with all amenities provided you are appropriately attired. If are not appropriately attired you cannot exit the vehicle and are stuck without even a restroom.
Rant over.
Now for some pics (I'm sorry I went off topic, though I am not a Muslim I was upset with the callous attitude of some people in the group).

Pictures do NOT do justice to this place! The main material is Marble and the Minarets are 24k Gold!

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-1.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-2.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-3.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-4.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-5.jpg

Marble pillars with Mother of Pearl inlaid.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-6.jpg

Swarovski crystals anyone?

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-7.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-8.jpg

Single piece Persian rug weighing 35 tonnes.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-9.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-10.jpg

Would have loved to stick around and take more pics, but this is a place of worship and one has to be mindful of not getting in the way of people who have come to pray. Also it was time to leave, which was a bummer as I have heard this place really lights up at night.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-d.jpg

Conclusion.

Can you plan your visit to Dubai by yourself? Yes, you can. You do not need a travel agent, but make sure you have enough time and you know what you want to see and do.
I was pretty happy with the way Royal Tours managed my trip on site there. Vanessa kept updating our pickup and drop details on WhatsApp and their drivers were always ahead of time. Also for my drop they arranged a Lexus E350, so all is forgiven with the Chevy Impala.

Hyatt Place Al Rigga is a no frills hotel but with very good service, though we had the same breakfast all 5 days which kind of got too boring by the 5th day. Thankfully no loud music kept us awake.

MMT: Till the initial payment was made they were awesome! And then it was plain ordinary with me having to follow up for everything. Though the interaction with them ended once I boarded my flight from Bangalore.

The Cars! I am very shy and find it difficult to take pictures of other people's cars without permission so I managed very few. But trust me, Day 2 in Dubai and you have seen it all! Bentleys and RRs roam around like C and E classes here. Super cars are the norm over there.

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-20181009_122115.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-20181011_202433.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-20181011_202449.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-20181011_202618.jpg

I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-dsc_0003.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 17th October 2018 at 17:50. Reason: As requested
deepfreak15 is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 07:24   #5
Team-BHP Support

Re: I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Travelogues Section. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 09:24   #6
BHPian

Thanks for sharing. I had taken the MMT option as well two years ago. It was a memorable trip and they seem to follow the same sequence of the journey. The wheels that I saw were also similar. The apartment we were put up had a petrolahead in the opposite building. He had got around a Lambo Aventador and they were revving it make the windos shudder. I had no camera on me when this was going on. I regret not recording that symphony of the Lambo engine singing
ambivalent_98 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 09:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I regret not recording that symphony of the Lambo engine singing
At least you got to enjoy it in real life . Most of the supercars I saw in the trip were through the window of the coach and I did not feel like taking pics through the smudgy window. I guess I should have taken the open top bus instead!
deepfreak15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 10:03   #8
BHPian

A good experience. It is great to visit that place once in a while and have a fun filled week. But trust me, living in that desert is not at all beautiful like this. (The NRI's here will support me lol )
It is really a land of Dreams!!!
joe angelo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 11:17   #9
BHPian

Looks like you've covered most of the tourist experiences there is on offer in the UAE, in the time that you've had.

Its good fun and a total stimulation of the senses, when you come here for the first time. But pretty soon, one gets used to the opulence everywhere you look. Its glitz and glamour, on the surface, everywhere. Makes one wonder, if it is to hide a darker underbelly.

For a petrolhead, this place is just fabulous. One can see every type of cars there is, from the American muscle cars, the pick-ups, the Porsches, the big three German brands, the Italian super cars, the Bentleys and the Rolls Royces. The favourite among the locals are the Toyota landcruiser and the Nissan Patrol.

I live only 5 kms away from the Ferrari world and Yas marina circuit. There are a few supercar track experiences to be had here. The Yas circuit is open couple of days a week, other than when events are happening, if one wants to cycle or run, in the circuit.

Even after living here for sometime, I still have not done the desert safari and the dhow cruise.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Great pictures too.
Keep traveling.

Cheerio!
alphadog is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 11:42   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
you can pretty much get around in a cab from 20-30 AED
That's not right, visiting Jumeriah or the Palm from where your hotel was, will easily cost upwards of 50 AED, that too in no traffic.
The Bollywood park is over 100 AED away.

Good to see and know that you loved it here . The tourist season has started with the end of summers and we see a lot of people flocking over.
srs_shetty87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 12:16   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
I live only 5 kms away from the Ferrari world and Yas marina circuit. There are a few supercar track experiences to be had here. The Yas circuit is open couple of days a week, other than when events are happening, if one wants to cycle or run, in the circuit.
I am literally kicking myself for this oversight, though if I do make a visit again Im pretty sure I will be staying in Yas Island and not Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs_shetty87 View Post
The Bollywood park is over 100 AED away.
Passed it on our way to Abu Dhabi, felt like this was on the highway between the two states
Old 16th October 2018, 13:46   #12
BHPian

WOW for the pics, & the way Pro Tips & Energy levels are rated, It is an amazing insight to have.
Planning to go next year, won't book the package as a friend lives there.
Nitish.arnold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 13:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

That's a nice trip report deepfreak15. Great pictures too.

May I take the liberty to give you some advice? Next time plan the trip yourself without a tour operator. You can see Dubai much better that way. I used to live in Dubai in the 80s, my dad worked there for almost 2 decades. After he came back he never went again.

However I decided to take mom and dad to Dubai this January. So they say Dubai after 25 years. We did a 10 day trip and booked an apartment through AirBNB in the Al Barsha area. It was a 5 minute walk from the Mall of the Emirates as well as the Metro.

While cabs are a plenty, The best way to get around is the Metro. Its just fantastic. Use a cab as the last resort where there is no metro near by.

I see you missed out on the Dubai Frame. Do visit next time you go. And for cars, take a walk down Sheikh Zayed road and just walk into any showroom, regular or exotic cars. They staff there is always welcoming and super friendly and will gladly show you around. No snootiness whatsoever.

And when you are in Abu Dhabi do visit the Rainbow Sheikh's Museum of his personal car collection. It's 46 kms out of Abu Dhabi City but worth every bit. Over 200 cars in a pyramid. Will try and post a few pics here

Cheers
Dippy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 13:55   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitish.arnold View Post
WOW for the pics, ...
Planning to go next year, won't book the package
Thank you, yeah for Dubai you actually do not need to use an agent and knowing someone there makes a huge difference, just make sure you have a lot of time and carry a lot of money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
That's a nice trip report deepfreak15. Great pictures too.
Thank you! I completely agree with you, though do not intend to go back unless if its for a Super car experience in Yas or if I win a huge lottery and want to go shopping.
deepfreak15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 14:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

Nicely written and really good pictures .

It's the same case with me. I have just travelled through Dubai many times. The only thing I've seen is the airport. Oh, and Bruj Khalifa from the plane, if one is lucky.

Thanks for all the tips. Very useful when one is planning a trip to Dubai. I will definitely go through your travelogue before visiting.

I prefer going around the city on my own instead of the package tours. Gives us more flexibility and also allows us to visit only the places we are interested in. But yeah, a lot of research is required before that but the experience is worth it.
ChiragM is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks