Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2018, 20:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Kashmir Great Lakes Trek

Oh My God !!!

Thank you dk7729 for taking us through the fabulous journey that you have undertaken. Superlative scenes that I have witnessed courtesy you. Such a trek I can only dream of. Most of the pictures are wallpaper material !!!

Thanks once again for sharing.

Warm regards,

Siddhartha
siddarthab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 13:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Wow!
Amazing narration with excellent photographs. Each lake competing with the other in beauty. Snow patches that feed these lakes make these lakes even prettier.

Thanks or Sharing. Rated five stars.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 19:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
...Could you also share information about the trek package. Name of agency, season, cost etc., ....
Thank you, this trip was taken up during second half of August 2018 and we chose Trek The Himalayas for this trek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
.....What's the best season for trekking, keeping in mind manageable cold & less crowds?....
Thank you for your comments. This trek is only open during July-August every year and the cold was pretty manageable with 3 layered clothing. We were lucky to face sunny days through out the trip, passing these trails in rain or slush can be extremely tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
But adventure for us started much earlier we could reach the base camp - we were witness to a firing from not more than few meters and tear gas.
Thank you, this indeed was the most beautiful place I've visited. We were a little skeptical while finalising on this trek but still went ahead and thankfully, didn't face any issues during our trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoor View Post
Wow beautiful pictures..
Thank you, the pics though hardly do any justice to what the place has to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
....like the Fellowship from Lord of the Rings!
Thank you, completely relate to the LOR comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
.... I also realized that this trek has long walks with two significant ascents and descents. .....
Thank you. Yes, this trek demands good fitness levels as the average distance covered each day is in excess of 8-9kms. Also the passes are steep and take considerable effort to scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddarthab View Post
....for taking us through the fabulous journey that you have undertaken....Siddhartha
Thank you. Must admit, have done multiple trips (including Bhutan) in the recent past, but never ventured to put up a travelogue on those trips. The experience of this trek has motivated me to put up a travelogue, may be with a selfish objective of reading this through in future and relive those memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Wow!
Amazing narration with excellent photographs.
Thank you.
Old 7th November 2018, 16:06   #19
BHPian

Beautiful narration, pictures are just too beautiful. Loved the POV of all of them. The fun about Kashmir is the pictures need least post processing. This blog reminded me so much of my Kashmir trip in a self driven Scorpio. Keep travelling and sharingsuch wonderful blogs.
Old 8th November 2018, 10:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk7729 View Post
Day 9

Destination for the day – laze around in Srinagar, visit Mughal gardens, shop around for dry fruits and of course a shikara ride in Dal lake.

Day 10:
Time to head back home.
Awesome pics DK and congrats on completion of the trek successfully.
By the way did you not get chance to have a play with snow?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks