Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2019, 16:46   #31
BHPian

Re: Bison Chronicles | Mist and Rain, Kumaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Friday morning. Was feeling restless. The heat and dust and traffic of Gurgaon can sometimes be overwhelming. Decided to leave office early, around 3 pm, and drive away. Some place where I could immerse myself in nature. Called up a contact I knew, he said that yes, a tent is available for that day and the next. Rushed back home. Took 10-15 minutes for packing. Grabbed the camera bag and checked whether batteries were more or less charged (they were, from a previous trip). Bison – my old but capable 4WD Fortuner - was ready, like always. OT: Reminds me of Field Marshal Manekshaw's famous quote to Indira Gandhi "I am always ready, sweetie".
Sir what an amazingly captivating narrative it is. Once began reading couldn't stop until completed. Virtually felt like a co traveller with every line read. Impromptu trips always beckon. The real happiness lies in the thrills and the unexpected which such unplanned trips throw up. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience. The photographs which deserve special mention are the Bison in the mist, The empty chair and The late afternoon walk. Justifying the proverb 'A picture is worth a thousand words', all the photographs are a mystic filled narrative within themselves. Eagerly waiting for another masterpiece from your end. Keep posting. GODSPEED.

Last edited by ssambyal1980 : 21st July 2019 at 16:56.
ssambyal1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 20:17   #32
BHPian

A perfect example of man and machine in perfect harmony. I was never into SUVs, but after reading most of your travelogues, I am yearning to drive a fortuner.
It feels really good to see a Fortuner in its home terrain.
All my life, I have seen fortuners mostly in city - especially government vehicles .
To say you are an amazing photographer is an understatement.
It takes a lot of patience to be meticulous in each and every capture.
Please, for the love of god, do not sell your Fortuner
Abhinav V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 23:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikthomson View Post
Waahh! What a write up, felt like immersing myself in a jungle fiction rather than a travelogue. To the point, yet hiding a bit to allow the reader to do a little guesswork.
And I was really stunned by how easily you are expressing the desire to meet with a leopard
I would have easily stayed back, thinking the possible dangerous outcomes. I'm still not out of the shock of confronting a rogue elephant unnecessarily, near to mettupalayam, a few years back.
Oh, leopards are fine, as long as you don't provoke them. Though, dynamics depend on the region. I mean, leopards of Bera are different from leopards of Kumaon forests :-)

Bison Chronicles | Mist and Rain, Kumaon-_dsc1485_00003b.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Those photos are truly surreal. I could almost feel the cold, damp, misty, silent ambience on my skin. Not to mention the eerie feeling that a
wild beast could jump at you at any time. I love your style of narration too.

I too am one of those kinds who can survive in the wilderness without much creature comforts, as along as the place is soul stirring. So, I totally understand that bit.
I have looked up your instagram link, as suggested and I am feasting on the amazing photography.

Thanks for sharing the experience. Looking forward to your next write-up.

Cheerio!
Thanks. Many more adventures after that...need to sit down and write :-)

Haunted forest rest houses, tiger calls, leopards, close encounters of the Panthera tigris tigris kind, blue sheep in Spiti, 6500 km roadtrips...

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st May 2022 at 06:32. Reason: As requested
nilanjanray is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 11:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Oh, leopards are fine, as long as you don't provoke them. Though, dynamics depend on the region. I mean, leopards of Bera are different from leopards of Kumaon forests :-)

Attachment 2302678

Thanks. Many more adventures after that...need to sit down and write :-)

Haunted forest rest houses, tiger calls, leopards, close encounters of the Panthera tigris tigris kind, blue sheep in Spiti, 6500 km roadtrips...
Sublime captures as always! Look forward to the account of the haunted forest rest houses....
I remember Corbett's account of his night at the forest rest house in the Thak Maneater. Gave the creeps!
shashanka is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks