Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2019, 08:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Cross country monsoon drive | Vitara Brezza | 7200 km | 17 days

Beautiful travelogue Thermodynamics! And more beautiful photographs! Your travelogue feels like an oasis in the middle of this ongoing summer. Thanks for sharing!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 10:01   #17
Team-BHP Support

Beautiful travelogue, very nice photographs, precise narration = total hit. Loved it.

One can not go and clean the registration plates every hour now, can one? Was that a challan or just random chai-pani fine?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 10:32   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful travelogue, awesome time to drive and indeed that was cross country!!

Loved the pictures and the flow throughout the journey, few of which I could relate to myself. Seeing lush green surroundings in the images and wet roads, sitting on my desk beating the heat outside, I can't wait more for the raingods to shower their blessings and I head for a drive!!

Thank you for the awesome experience I could experience through your journey.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 11:41   #19
BHPian

In a single page, I just got drenched in the monsoon travelling from south to north and back. Those are some amazing snaps and crisply written details.
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 11:43   #20
BHPian

Amazing pictures!
Your travelogue has made me crave for the monsoons and driving in the rains.
Great that you had such a long journey without any untoward incident.
Thank you for sharing
DreamsUnlimited is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 12:53   #21
BHPian

W-O-W I ran out of adjectives as I scrolled down. True 5* material.

You have magically captured the essence of monsoon of our beautiful country throughout it's length from your camera! The stunning photos helped me beat the heat and feel refreshed. Loved reading through those short descriptions.
Thanks for sharing.
arbaz906 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 14:02   #22
BHPian

What a trip! You guys just nailed it. The pictures are very beautiful and describe a lot, your short descriptions were more than enough. A trip of a lifetime, i must say.

How did the car perform on this trip? Were you able to compare the performance with Nexon? Lastly, any special preparations that you took for such a long trip with a kid? Any indications on the overall budget (ballpark!)?
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 16:55   #23
BHPian

Wonderful travelogue, Thermodynamics! Monsoon is surely one of the best times to step out and enjoy the beauty of nature. It was a joy to read your travelogue. Thanks for sharing!

P.S - How much fine you had to pay? I knew that covering number plates is illegal but I never expected that dirty number plates in monsoon could also be a reason for fine.
StarryFurry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 17:20   #24

This is really a great achievement to have done this kind of a looong trip, that too with a small kid. A trip like this has always been on my wish-list, but not sure when I can tick off this on from my list.

Coming to your travelogue, I think the wonderful pictures made this travelogue a real treat to read.

One question from my end on the road conditions between Hyd and Jabalpur. I am planning a trip to Jabalpul and Panchmarhi in next few months, and I will be driving a Ciaz. Do you see any reason to be concerned in taking a low GC vehicle to MP?

Last edited by aah78 : 8th April 2019 at 17:25. Reason: Spacing.
ADEY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 17:29   #25
BHPian

Epic photos, especially of the miscellaneous greenery en route & in Kashmir.
Countryside in monsoon is always beautiful, lush & vibrant. Reminds me of the bike trips is friends used to do to the Western ghats during monsoon. Soaked & frozen to the bone, & awestruck. Thank you for sharing this travelogue, had inspired me to plan something for monsoons this year.
superbad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 19:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Wow, epic travelogue.
In a single trip, you have covered so many "trips". And all during the lovely monsoon!
Loved all photos, and yes I also echo thoughts on your choice of the "photo of the trip". That tree looked mesmerizing against the backdrop of the sun.

Rating it a 5*, thanks for sharing.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 20:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I just love the monsoons, and after going through each post - can't wait for the summer to get over, rain to start - so I can take the bike out and get drenched while soaking in the countryside views!
Thanks for the kind words, fully agree with you, no better way to enjoy the monsoon than a gentle bike ride in the countryside and when it pours down, take shelter in some shack and enjoy the rain with a cup of tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
What people like me do in three different trips, you have done it in a single trip!
What a marvelous travelogue! Loved reading it thoroughly. Be it Goa, Rajasthan or Kashmir, all the pics you have shared are simply breathtaking.
Rated a much deserved 5*.
Nothing can beat the essence of a long cross country road trip. You get to mix with different people, know different culture, taste different local cuisines. One has to experience it, to feel it. Its like doing a practical session of what we have read in our history and geography books during our school days! Thanks for sharing this wonderful travelogue.
Thanks for the kind words Samba, it means a lot to hear from veteran travelers. There is a lot we can learn from meeting different people, culture, mindset, food and values. If time is not the only constraint, I would prefer traveling by road or public transport, its an opportunity to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Wow that is an epic travelogue with superb pictures! The Nexon joining you guys must have been a pleasant surprise. Moreover it is always good to have another car as company. Once again, you capture really nice pictures! Thanks for sharing the travelogue and wish you travel to many more places.
Thanks for the kind words, Sumitro da! it means a lot. The joining of Nexon was definitely a blessing I should say. Of course being with Family is fun but I would share something I did not discuss in the travelogue.

As soon as we entered Kashmir, my cell phone signal was out. So was my wife's. I was wondering what happened because even Google maps was out of reach. Later I learned, pre-paids don't work in Kashmir. And to my misfortune, I lost my ATM card in Srinagar. Soon ran out of cash. Imagine this, I cannot report the loss of card because of no phone connectivity. I have no cash to continue. I cannot do wire transfer because it would require OTP. The only savior was my brother. His phone was post paid and so his wife's. He gave me money, phone and peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Beautiful travelogue Thermodynamics! And more beautiful photographs! Your travelogue feels like an oasis in the middle of this ongoing summer. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the kind words, Frodo. It was a long delayed log. The pictures were too many, took several weekends to process. What we see here is only a fraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Beautiful travelogue, very nice photographs, precise narration = total hit. Loved it. One can not go and clean the registration plates every hour now, can one? Was that a challan or just random chai-pani fine?
Thanks for the kind word Sheel, I guess, he did not give me Challan but he noted my DL in his log so I believe it was a legal fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Wonderful travelogue, awesome time to drive and indeed that was cross country!!
Loved the pictures and the flow throughout the journey, few of which I could relate to myself. Seeing lush green surroundings in the images and wet roads, sitting on my desk beating the heat outside, I can't wait more for the raingods to shower their blessings and I head for a drive!!
Thank you for the awesome experience I could experience through your journey.
Thanks for the kind words, Parag. It means a lot. I am glad you liked the pictures. I wish this year's monsoon is good. It didn't rain well in Bangalore last year. Co-incidentally there was a shower in south Bangalore today. May be God heard your prayer I guess.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 8th April 2019 at 20:49.
Thermodynamics is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 22:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
In a single page, I just got drenched in the monsoon travelling from south to north and back. Those are some amazing snaps and crisply written details.
Thanks for the kind words Ravi, glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsUnlimited View Post
Amazing pictures!
Your travelogue has made me crave for the monsoons and driving in the rains. Great that you had such a long journey without any untoward incident. Thank you for sharing
Thanks for the kind words, I am grateful to Almighty that we were safe and sound, not even a cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbaz906 View Post
W-O-W I ran out of adjectives as I scrolled down. True 5* material.
You have magically captured the essence of monsoon of our beautiful country throughout it's length from your camera! The stunning photos helped me beat the heat and feel refreshed. Loved reading through those short descriptions.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the kind words, Arbaz. I am glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
What a trip! You guys just nailed it. The pictures are very beautiful and describe a lot, your short descriptions were more than enough. A trip of a lifetime, i must say.
How did the car perform on this trip? Were you able to compare the performance with Nexon? Lastly, any special preparations that you took for such a long trip with a kid? Any indications on the overall budget (ballpark!)?
Thanks for the kind words Tarik. There is always a first time to Himalayas and then you get addicted. I am suffering from this itch but have to save more years for funding.
Brezza was fantastic reliable partner, never gives up. Nexon on the other hand is a class apart although it fields the same competition. I suggested my brother to buy Nexon after reading the T-BHP reviews. If you ask my choice, I'll incline to Brezza because I like boxy, wide windows and more head space.
Managing the kid is not easy. If you have two kids that might help them engage otherwise we need something for them. I bought some activities for her like stencils, markers, sketch pens, drawing books, playdoh, a good set of animation movies in ipad and games. I think it should have roughly costed 90k, I mean the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryFurry View Post
Wonderful travelogue, Thermodynamics! Monsoon is surely one of the best times to step out and enjoy the beauty of nature. It was a joy to read your travelogue. Thanks for sharing!
P.S - How much fine you had to pay? I knew that covering number plates is illegal but I never expected that dirty number plates in monsoon could also be a reason for fine.
Thanks for the kind words, I think I paid 300.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADEY View Post
This is really a great achievement to have done this kind of a looong trip, that too with a small kid. A trip like this has always been on my wish-list, but not sure when I can tick off this on from my list.
Coming to your travelogue, I think the wonderful pictures made this travelogue a real treat to read.
One question from my end on the road conditions between Hyd and Jabalpur. I am planning a trip to Jabalpul and Panchmarhi in next few months, and I will be driving a Ciaz. Do you see any reason to be concerned in taking a low GC vehicle to MP?
Thanks for the kind words, the roads are excellent in Telengana. MP and Maharashtra were good and manageable except some sections which you can surely manage in Ciaz. Since it was monsoon period, the road construction was on hold. I hope most of those sections are complete optimistically before the elections. All the best, I wish your plans materialize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
Epic photos, especially of the miscellaneous greenery en route & in Kashmir.
Countryside in monsoon is always beautiful, lush & vibrant. Reminds me of the bike trips is friends used to do to the Western ghats during monsoon. Soaked & frozen to the bone, & awestruck. Thank you for sharing this travelogue, had inspired me to plan something for monsoons this year.
Thanks for the kind words, I am glad you liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Wow, epic travelogue.
In a single trip, you have covered so many "trips". And all during the lovely monsoon!
Loved all photos, and yes I also echo thoughts on your choice of the "photo of the trip". That tree looked mesmerizing against the backdrop of the sun.
Rating it a 5*, thanks for sharing.
Josh, Thanks for the kind words, I am glad you also liked that picture, it turned out well. You know what, expert photographers would easily make out these pictures come from cheap lens. For example, if you notice the pics with sun glare in some shots you can see the Hexagonal glare, that is basically the number of elements that make the aperture. Cheap lens have six elements and expensive ones have many and therefore the aperture is more rounded. If you count the number of rays in that pic, it would be six which shows up my gear quality.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 8th April 2019 at 22:14.
Thermodynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 07:12   #29
Team-BHP Support

The color of season and the color of our country! What a wonderfull log all along the line! Amazing!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 07:38   #30
BHPian

An excellent thread. Was wondering how you manage the cash expenses during such a long road trip. Do you carry cash with you always?
Maveryq is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks