Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2019, 15:38   #31
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!

Always been a secret fan of your travelogues, right from Sikkim - Baptism by fire This happens to be your 8th one ! Team Light & Shade is going places and capturing beautiful memories. Rated *****
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 17:49   #32
BHPian

Epic Blog Mithunda, I have been keeping that circuit aside because of the young one. But you nailing that trial with family gives me a lot of assurance.
I will bug you 1-1 later for details. Thanks for sharing, keep traveling and penning down such experiences. Rated 5* .
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 10:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg4wheels View Post
It seemed that this was the "Movie of the Year" from Team-BHP Kolkata Chapter.Beautiful Narration and awesome pictures.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN13Sleeper View Post
Excellent travelogue. As a person hailing from deep south India, this virtual tour may very well be my only exposure to this place. Feeling proud about the "World's Highest" fuel station operated by Indian Oil. Glad to see the Polo being capable of the task. Have a Rapid myself and to see a car from the same platform handling the trip with ease gives me some assurance about the machine's capability.

Coming to think of it, even from deep down south, it would only be some 2000 kms extra for the round-trip. Add to that the pristine highways of the South and you can do this trip with 3 extra days at most. The Polo performed brilliantly throughout the trip. A testament to it's build quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnishD View Post
Mi2n da was super excited when u were telling the experience in person.
The blog completely satisfied the anxiety to know more.
Relived the entire journey.
Superb writing Brilliant Pictures.

Thanks Anish. Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
So that's where it began. Mithun, it's charming to read or rather enjoy your travelogue where you have been hitting fours and sixes all over the ground with your words! Keep it up

Best,

Thanks Golam da.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Always been a secret fan of your travelogues, right from Sikkim - Baptism by fire This happens to be your 8th one ! Team Light & Shade is going places and capturing beautiful memories. Rated *****

Thanks for the kind words. You are sorely missed in the Kolkata chapter.

Last edited by mi2n : 24th August 2019 at 10:17.
mi2n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 19:25   #34
BHPian

Quote:
We stopped for dinner at a very popular sweet shop in Rae-Bareily and then gunned our engines throughout the night. By daybreak we stopped at a Reliance facility near Aurangabad for refueling and a power nap..
Great travelogue. Which route you have taken from Rae-Bareily to Aurangabad? And how much time it was taken?
Old 27th August 2019, 10:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Epic Blog Mithunda, I have been keeping that circuit aside because of the young one. But you nailing that trial with family gives me a lot of assurance.
I will bug you 1-1 later for details. Thanks for sharing, keep traveling and penning down such experiences. Rated 5* .

Somehow, missed replying to your comment. Firstly, thanks for the appreciation. We had been taking advises regarding how the young ones would fare at such high altitudes and the consensus from the doctors were that kids above 3 years of age have fully developed lungs and that they are much less likely to suffer from altitude sickness than adults. Thankfully, the advises held true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Great travelogue. Which route you have taken from Rae-Bareily to Aurangabad? And how much time it was taken?

Thanks. We took the default GMaps route onto the Allahabad bypass and then along NH-19. Rae-Bareily to Aurangabad took about 6-7 hours.
Old 29th August 2019, 17:59   #36

Beautifully articulated. I went to Spiti in June this year. All the photos brought back the memories.
jalaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 14:07   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalaj View Post
Beautifully articulated. I went to Spiti in June this year. All the photos brought back the memories.

This is my Black Beast !
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!-img_7633.jpg  

jalaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 16:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:

We reached our hotel in Kanpur by evening, tired but excited.
What is the name of the hotel?
Old 1st September 2019, 09:09   #39
BHPian

Excellent travelogue!! 👍👍👍

Question on your Kaza stay:

Deyzor also allows stay, so what was your logic for booking HPTDC Kaza? # of rooms being a bigger group, or something else?

I was planning this year, didn't work. So I will pickup the plan again - hence thought of getting this point checked. TIA!
soleinkol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 21:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you! Glad it bought back memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
What is the name of the hotel?

Heaven View Clarks Inn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleinkol View Post

Deyzor also allows stay, so what was your logic for booking HPTDC Kaza? # of rooms being a bigger group, or something else? TIA!

We normally tend to opt for the Government facilities wherever available.
Old 2nd September 2019, 10:35   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleinkol View Post

Deyzor also allows stay, so what was your logic for booking HPTDC Kaza? # of rooms being a bigger group, or something else?

I was planning this year, didn't work. So I will pickup the plan again - hence thought of getting this point checked. TIA!

Although I was not a part of this group, buy I'd like to state my view on why we stayed in HPTDC instead of Deyzor (or any other hotel)
1) Frankly speaking, I had no idea that anything like Deyzor existed. We accidentally bumped into it while looking for a souvenir shop. We loved the place and the hospitality of the owner, staff and ofcourse Simba that we had all our lunches and dinners at Deyzor. Not sure if they take bookings online because of the lack of network and internet, but if they do, then this is definitely worth giving a try.
2) My second reason of booking HPTDC was that it allowed advance booking. We went to Himachal Bhawan (near CP, Delhi) and booked our entire itinerary hassle free (HPTDC Fagu, Kalpa and Kaza). Since we had our families accompanying us, we couldn't have taken chances and thought that HPTDC was the safest best. Their hotels aren't the best in luxury, but you'll find then decent and hygienic.
jalaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 13:52   #42
BHPian

Great travelogue Mithun. You have great style of narration and it is accompanied by great pics of nature and cars. How can get it better!
Rated 5-star and it deserves it. Completed it one go. Thanks for sharing.
If you dont mind, can you please share details of cost incurred for the trip?

I have been upto Rohtang Pass about 4 years back. But missed spiti valley then. Now reason for yet another Himalayan trip.
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 12:18   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Although I was not a part of this group, buy I'd like to state my view on why we stayed in HPTDC instead of Deyzor (or any other hotel)

Plus the fact that the state owned properties are inherently situated at the most picturesque locations, offer large and secure parking facilities, reasonable tariffs and are mostly very reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Rated 5-star and it deserves it. Completed it one go. Thanks for sharing.
If you dont mind, can you please share details of cost incurred for the trip?

Thanks for the appreciation. I'm not the person who keeps a keen tab on expenses. My guess would be around Rs.80,000/- (per family / car).

Last edited by mi2n : 16th September 2019 at 12:19.
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 12:34   #44
BHPian

Excellent thread and wonderful photos. Informative posts , beautiful photographs with "Swaad Anusar" dollops of humor. Gulped in one go

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks