Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2019, 11:53   #31
BHPian

Re: Pacing through UK in a Jaguar F-Pace

Now thats some serious firepower!

Will PM you regarding the driving thing. Basically whenever I have been to Europe in the past on short office trips, I never thought I will be able to understand their road signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I will be able to answer this question, there were 4 cameras - Pawan's newly acquired Fujifilm X-T100, a Nikon D810, a one plus 5T and an iPhone XS Max.
Thanks PB! For the timebeing, that Salzburg & Wien stuff is being written, but in the assembly line is an older article, much, much closer home - Dooars which I plan to publish in the next 2-3 day

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Thanks a lot for those kind words Sayak. As told by Sumitro, Yes, I have recently bought a Fujifilm XT-100 mirrorless camera.
Cheers,
Sayak
sayakc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 13:51   #32
BHPian

Thoroughly enjoyed going through the pictures. Both the highlands and The Cat look gorgeous. You have a knack of discovering most unique and beautiful places to stay wherever you and Blackpearl travel.

Eagerly waiting for Blackpearl to return to base and install a panoramic sun-roof in his Bolero.

Thanks for sharing! Rated 5*
mi2n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 18:10   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Nice travelogue! Noticed the ladies were not wearing seat belts in the back or I hope this was a stationary shot. Else it is a fineable offence!
I doubt that is the case. I am in UK since 4 years and never got caught because my rear passengers were not wearing seat belts .. nor I see anyone else doing it here. Although, great practice to follow for safety.
Old 27th August 2019, 18:39   #34
BHPian

Amazing pictures. You could have visited Lake District and Yorkshire National Park on your way back from Scotland.

I recall few months back Sixt was giving a offer for Landrover/Jaguar F Pace for £59 a day which was a really good deal!
Old 27th August 2019, 19:05   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post

Will PM you regarding the driving thing. Basically whenever I have been to Europe in the past on short office trips, I never thought I will be able to understand their road signs
Sure Sayak, anytime. Also you can go through country specific road signs on the net for a quick reference e.g. https://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/Docume...road-signs.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post

Eagerly waiting for Blackpearl to return to base and install a panoramic sun-roof in his Bolero.
The Bolero is a rust bucket, I don't know how it will handle a sunroof

Quote:
Originally Posted by isheet View Post
I doubt that is the case. I am in UK since 4 years and never got caught because my rear passengers were not wearing seat belts .. nor I see anyone else doing it here. Although, great practice to follow for safety.
The rule is very simple -

1. You must wear a seat belt if one is fitted in the seat you’re using - there are only a few exceptions.

2. You’re also only allowed 1 person in each seat fitted with a seat belt.

3. You can be fined up to £500 if you don’t wear a seat belt when you’re supposed to.

The driver will not be held responsible if any adult in the car is not wearing seatbelt. The adult person will be fined by the police. The driver will be held responsible if children are not using seatbelt or are not properly restrained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMe91 View Post
I recall few months back Sixt was giving a offer for Landrover/Jaguar F Pace for £59 a day which was a really good deal!
These offers are very basic, add unlimited mileage and full insurance to it and the price rockets.
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 21:10   #36
BHPian

Loved the travelogue.
I kept google maps open in the other tab of browser to travel with you.

Regarding Jet Airways, I hope you have filed the claim. You can even see your name in list of creditors on the website if the claim is admitted. It will take lots of time to get money back.
rst89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 09:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Thanks PB! For the timebeing, that Salzburg & Wien stuff is being written, but in the assembly line is an older article, much, much closer home - Dooars which I plan to publish in the next 2-3 day
Looking forward to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed going through the pictures. Both the highlands and The Cat look gorgeous. You have a knack of discovering most unique and beautiful places to stay wherever you and Blackpearl travel.
Thank you mi2n !! Place finding responsibility is usually with Rajsri or me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isheet View Post
Rules clarified by Blackpearl. We were wearing it keeping safety in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMe91 View Post
Amazing pictures. You could have visited Lake District and Yorkshire National Park on your way back from Scotland.
These places were there in our first plan. But we had to cut them out due to shortage of time.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
These offers are very basic, add unlimited mileage and full insurance to it and the price rockets.
As BP said, adding the options increases the price. Just adding an extra driver is £18 pounds a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
Loved the travelogue.
I kept google maps open in the other tab of browser to travel with you.
Thanks a lot rst89.

Quote:
Regarding Jet Airways, I hope you have filed the claim. You can even see your name in list of creditors on the website if the claim is admitted. It will take lots of time to get money back.
Thanks for the pointer. Since I had booked it through make my trip, my name doesn't pop up as creditors.

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 02:38   #38
BHPian

What a travelogue Pawan bhaiya, finally managed to read it today. I am just back from Scotland, but I dont feel like writing it anymore, especially when you have written this tl so well, and ofcourse the pictures.

Shame that we couldnt meet here...Office...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Nice travelogue! Noticed the ladies were not wearing seat belts in the back or I hope this was a stationary shot. Else it is a fineable offence!
I dont think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Great travelogue - thanks for sharing. Reminds of my first Team BHP travelogue - dating back from my driving holiday in Scotland back in 2010. The drive to the Isle of Skye was truly magical. One spot we really liked was the Eilean Donan castle, just before the bridge to the Isle of Skye. Time for another trip to Scotland, I think
Apologies but I couldnt stop myself from posting this, took last Saturday.

Pacing through UK in a Jaguar F-Pace-dji_0068.jpg
Uprasenjit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 08:47   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post

I dont think it is.

How on earth did you pass your driving test?
https://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/answ...wear-seatbelts
https://www.gov.uk/seat-belts-law

Last edited by ajmat : 29th August 2019 at 09:05.
Old 29th August 2019, 13:22   #40
BHPian

What an amazing trip In fact since BlackPearl moved to UK, i felt this trip with PapaBravo is bound to happen sooner or later given the countless places you guys have been together. The choice of car seemed fit for the purpose and those lovely shots makes me wish planning similar trip in future. It feels good seeing familiar faces having an epic time of their life. Rated 5 Stars
Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 09:49   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
What a travelogue Pawan bhaiya, finally managed to read it today. I am just back from Scotland, but I dont feel like writing it anymore, especially when you have written this tl so well, and ofcourse the pictures.
Thanks a lot Prasenjit.

Quote:
Shame that we couldnt meet here...Office...
There is always next time.

Quote:
Apologies but I couldnt stop myself from posting this, took last Saturday.
That is a beautiful click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
What an amazing trip In fact since BlackPearl moved to UK, i felt this trip with PapaBravo is bound to happen sooner or later given the countless places you guys have been together. The choice of car seemed fit for the purpose and those lovely shots makes me wish planning similar trip in future. It feels good seeing familiar faces having an epic time of their life. Rated 5 Stars
Thanks a lot Sam !! Glad you liked it.

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 10:22   #42
Team-BHP Support

Pawan, Sumitro - Looks like you guys and your respective partners had a great trip! Amazing snaps too.

Thanks for sharing guys!
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks