Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2020, 13:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos

I visited Raan of Kutch in Dec-19 and while doing my research online, I came across a tourist spot called Nadabet. So I decided to club it with my ROK trip. The ROK trip was a standard itinerary and so I decided to mainly write about this particular place as there is no mention of this place on the Tbhp forum. The best part of this place is that you can freely take photographs unlike the other border outposts like Vighakot in the same area, where you have to deposit all your photo gear and mobiles.

Visited on: 22nd Dec. 2019.
Vehicle: Ford Endeavour.

Names: Nadabet / Narabet. Also referred to as Seema darshan by Gujarat tourism.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_120753.jpg

Some government website links for reference:-
1. http://guj.bsf.gov.in/seemadarshan.html

2. https://www.gujarattourism.com/desti...details/12/414

3. https://banaskantha.nic.in/tourist-p...an-at-nadabet/

4. https://www.deshgujarat.com/2016/12/...adabet-border/

5. https://cmogujarat.gov.in/en/cm-laun...do-pak-border/

About this place:-

India-Pakistan border stretches from Gujarat towards Rajasthan and Kashmir.

The total length of India-Pakistan border in Gujarat is 508 kms., out of which 340 kms. only are feasible for construction of physical fencing. 280 kms. of physical fencing has been completed and the target for completion of remaining 60 kms. is March 2020. The 168 kms. of border which is not feasible for physical fencing is being guarded by BSF through patrolling, round the clock surveillance, laying nakas and using technology etc.
Source: https://pib.gov.in/newsite/PrintRele...x?relid=188391

One such fenced border outpost is Narabet, which is being developed as a tourist attraction with the assistance of Government of Gujarat.

Hon’ble Chief Minister of Gujarat State Shri Vijay Rupani inaugurated ‘Seema Darshan’ program on 24 Dec 2016 at BOP Nadabet and expressed his commitment to extensively develop border tourism in Gujarat.

This Seema Darshan has begun on the basis of Wagah Border pattern with a view to observe bravery of BSF Jawans. The attractions at the border viewing point will be a retreat ceremony by the BSF, fusion band performance, camel show and bird watching. Visitors will also be able to watch an exhibition of weapons, a photo gallery and a film on BSF at the newly developed border viewing point by Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Limited (TCGL).

Besides the Border, the Nadeshwari mata temple is another attraction.

How to reach:-

In Gmaps you need to type or search for " Nada Bet Indo-Pak Border (Zero line)"
The last small town is Suigam which is about 200 kms. from Ahmedabad.
From Suigam to the BOP, its about 45 kms.
Suigam has a government rest house.
Link: vishram gruh
Suigam, Gujarat 385570
https://maps.app.goo.gl/kgcY7jr5bTmmagbx5

Another town before Suigam is Radhanpur which can be used as base for stay. Radhanpur - Suigam = 50 kms.

Radhanpur can also be used as your base. However there are very limited facilities. I found Yash hotel in Radhanpur (to be reviewed) which can be booked online as well.
Link: https://goo.gl/maps/NSv2hoCD59zRLZyX8

Your own car or hired car is preferable.

Gujarat tourism organizes a one day bus package with lunch from Ahmedabad, which also includes Patan.
Link: http://tourismdevelopmentcorporation...ma-darshan.php
Please share reviews if anyone uses this service.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-overview.jpg
Overview of route from Suigam towards Nadabet.

What I did:-
Since I wanted to visit ROK and LROK, I chose Little Raan resort as my base and did a to and fro trip to Narabet. Approximate driving time was about 3.5 hrs. one way. Little Raan resort is near Zainabad, which is very close to the entry point of Little Raan / Wild Ass sanctuary.

Route: Little Raan resort - Dasada - Shankeshwar - Radhanpur - Suigam - Nadabet. (Mostly single lane roads).
Shankeshwar which is about 50 kms. before Radhanpur has many Hindu temples, dhams, Jain Derasars etc. Hence there are a few dharamshalas as well which can be used if required.

Rough distances:-
Suigam to TCP Jaloya = 10 kms. about 2 kms ahead of Getco Jaloya (marked on gmaps).
Jaloya to Nadeshwari mata mandir = 11 kms.
Nadeshwar temple to BOP after Y junction = 2 kms.
BOP to Nadabet = 25 kms. (Single lane narrow road with white desert on both sides).

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-permits.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-border1.jpg

Procedure for permits:-

1. At the first BSF checkpost (TCP Jaloya) one has to enter the vehicle number and number of persons including children in the BSF register, after production of government ID card (I used Aadhar card). After that they give you a token number on a small piece of paper which has to be returned after crossing the same checkpost on your way back.

2. From here you have to go to Nadeshwari mata mandir (darshan can be done first or later / preferably first so you don't have to come here again). About 100 metres from the temple is the BSF post. Parking is available at both places. Here you have to register again with vehicle details and number of persons. Here BSF gives you a hand written permit (attached for reference). This area also has a parade ground, weapons exhibition, toilet facilities etc.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_123241.jpg

3. After this you proceed back towards the Y junction and turn right. Here there is another BSF checkpost which checks the permit and retains your government ID. Nadabet is about 25 kms. from here through a white desert. The road is entirely single lane and there are sidings on the left side for two vehicles to pass.

4. On arrival at the main outpost you park your car and cross the last BSF checkpost.

Note: On your way back, your ID is returned and the BSF permit is retained at the outpost.

Things to see: You can see the Border fencing and outpost no. 960. From the fence the actual border is about 150 metres.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_133310.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_132654.jpg
Border Outpost 960.

A selfie tower was also under construction just before the outpost.
Its a sense of satisfaction to interact with the BSF jawans who are posted here in inhospitable conditions and guard our borders 24x7. Being so close to the border and taking photographs is fun.

At the outpost near Nadeshwari temple from where you get permits, there is a BSF parade which happens on weekends in the evening. There is a huge crowd to watch this, something like the ceremony at Wagah border.
Although I visited on a Sunday, we did not see this parade. Kindly share your experiences if you see this parade.

Note: There is massive construction going on near the Y junction area by Gujarat tourism. The actual parade ground will be shifted here. The place is new and changing. Most of the details mentioned above are my personal observations and are subject to change. This is just a guide for fellow members and others to visit this wonderful place.

YouTube videos from Gujarat tourism

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 3rd January 2020 at 19:46. Reason: Editing
ruzbehxyz is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 08:13   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Travelogues Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 09:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos

Additional photos.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_120518.jpg
Approach road from TCP Jaloya.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_120539.jpg
The Endeavour.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_124222.jpg
BOP Narabet board.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_120731.jpg
Vast expanse of the Raan.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_123625.jpg
Near parade ground.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_123653.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_123715.jpg
The parade ground getting prepared.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_123939.jpg
Weapons exhibition.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_131056.jpg
The last 25 kms. single lane road.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_131101.jpg
View of water around the island "bet".

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_132247.jpg
Kids with the BSF guard.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_132318.jpg
BSF office.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_132323.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_132338.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_132426.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_132525.jpg
At the fencing.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_132542.jpg
The fencing stretching for miles.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_133942.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_134809.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_140406.jpg
At the Flamingo view point.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_140419.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-20191222_143713.jpg

Last edited by Sheel : 4th January 2020 at 17:19. Reason: Endy - Endeavour.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 12:49   #4
BHPian

Wonderful to see you and your Endeavour ruzbehxyz touching the western most limits of our beautiful country ! We had a plan for Gujarat in December 2019 which got cancelled. I had thought that after attending the Rann Festival, will head out in that direction towards the border. Your travelogue will be reference enough to plan that trip. Rated 5* for the content !

Although sharing some pictures from my 2016 trip to Longewala, Rajasthan :
Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2751.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2755.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2757.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2785.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2791.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2809.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2816.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2821.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2826.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2827.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2832.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2835.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2839.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2840.jpg

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img_2802.jpg

Unfortunately when we went during October 2016, things were on Red Alert and the gateway to BP 609 was blocked for tourists and they were not issuing permits as well. Thus the quest to see the international border still remains ! If not Rajasthan, Gujarat for sure !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 13:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Wonderful to see you and your Endeavour ruzbehxyz touching the western most limits of our beautiful country ! We had a plan for Gujarat in December 2019 which got cancelled. I had thought that after attending the Rann Festival, will head out in that direction towards the border. Your travelogue will be reference enough to plan that trip. Rated 5* for the content !

Thanks for appreciating my post.

Your photos of Loungewala are wonderful.

Jaisalmer, Loungewala, Tanot, Sam, Munabao, Barmer are on my bucket list next.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 4th January 2020 at 13:39.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 10:20   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Additional photos.

Attachment 1952945
Approach road from TCP Jaloya.

Thanks for sharing. I was planning to do Kutch this year, i will definitely include this into my itinerary. Descriptive pictures .

Just wanted to know if this region is too remote. Will there be help in case of a breakdown or health emergency ?
skyocean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 16:29   #7
BHPian

Amazing post ruzbehxyz

I also went on a roadtrip to Jaisalmer this Christmas and got a chance to visit BP609 ahead of Tanot village. The emotion of seeing our security forces guarding us selflessly is overwhelming. Salute to our forces for their dedication and service to the nation.
Attached Thumbnails
Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img20191229wa0144.jpg  

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-img20200103wa0014.jpg  

ShankarG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 20:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyocean View Post
Just wanted to know if this region is too remote. Will there be help in case of a breakdown or health emergency ?

Remoteness is now a relative term in many parts of India. Loads of people are now traveling in India on cars and bikes. Gujarat is pretty much safe and you will always get help if you are stuck.

Coming to the route, it not remote but there are very few facilities enroute. As mentioned in my first post, you can make Radhanpur your base which has a few hotels and eateries. Better still you can stay around Dasada if you plan to do Little Raan also. To and fro trip would be about 7 hours from here + about 1.5 hours for your border visit.
Another alternate is Patan which has Rani ka vav step well, a UNESCO world heritage sight. Nearby is Patola saree museum which is also unique to see.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 10:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

In relation to my first post, I have not mentioned much about Nadeshwari Mata temple, which you would be visiting if you visit Nadabet.

The temple is normally open from 7 am to 7 pm. Since its border sensitive area, entry is restricted and approach road is guarded by BSF. The only approach is from TCP Jaloya. For further details please see the details and map in post #1.

I have tried to compile all the details that I found online. There is no mention of this place in Wikipedia and not much history is known. Lot of information was in Gujarati which I could not translate or narrate here.

The old temple was built by BSF. The new and current temple was constructed in 2015 after earthquake damage by the Nadeshwari mata temple trust.

According to folklore, the King of Junagadh Navdhan had stayed here with his huge army while on his way to rescue his sister Jashal from the clutches of the ruler of Sindh. At that time, a Charan girl had provided food to the army and had guided them to ensure a safe passage through the desert. This Charan girl is worshipped as Nadeshwari Mata. In the past the Chauhans ruled over Nadabet and before independence it used to be prosperous.
It is said that during times of drought, when people migrated towards Sindh, they first offered prayers here.
Every year on Chaitra Sud Navam, thousands of pilgrims visit the temple and attend the annual fair. The soldiers at the BSF post near Nadabet take part in the worship too.

Indian Army & BSF connection:
Nadeshwari Mata temple is the only one in Gujarat where a BSF jawan is posted as a priest. They are changed normally after every 6 months.
From villagers of Jaloya to BSF personnel deployed on the Indo-Pak border, all devotees proudly narrate the legend of Goddess Nadeshwari. "In 1971, when the war broke out between India and Pakistan, BSF forces started marching towards Pakistan from Jaloya towards Nadabet," a soldier said. "Pakistani forces started moving from Nagarparkar in their territory." At the time, a BSF official, who was leading the Indian troops, told the then sarpanch of Jaloya, Bhana Rajput, that they were going for the final push and many of them might not return. The episode was recounted by Thanaji Dodiya, the current sarpanch. "To which, Rajput told the BSF official to offer prayers to Nadeshwari Mata before leaving for war," Dodiya said. "Thousands of BSF personnel did so and went to take on Pakistani forces. Surprisingly, we did not suffer any casualty and captured Nagarparkar district of Pakistan.
Source: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/68237558.cms

There was also a India-Pakistan peace march held in 2018 to the temple.
Quote:
The India Pakistan Friendship and Peace March from Ahmedabad to Nada Bet during 19 to 29 June, 2018 concluded successfully even though Ahmedabad Police detained the marchers for about 3 hours at the beginning as soon as it started from Gandhi Ashram and Border Security Force didn’t give permission to the march at the fag end from Nadeshwari Mata Mandir to the border, a distance of 25 km. Hence the total distance of this march on foot was curtailed to about 250 km. From Gandhi Ashram in Ahmedabad the march proceeded along Adalaj, Kalol, Chatral, Nandasan, Mandali, Mehsana, Bokarwada, Sihi, Balisana, Patan, Dunawada, Roda, Totana, Thara, Devdarbar, Diyodar, Kuwala, Bhabhar, Dudhwa, Suigam to Nadeshwari Mata Mandir at Nada Bet.

The March was taken out to demand from the Governments of India and Pakistan to reach an agreement to stop killing each other’s soldiers on border.
Source: https://www.ummid.com/news/2018/July...but-peace.html

If anyone has more information of this temple, please do share here for the benefit of others.
Old 14th January 2020, 21:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Found this video online which depicts the life of the BSF in the Raan of Kutch.

Old 27th August 2020, 09:59   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
That is an amazing travelogue.
I have visited the border near Jaisalmer. Hope I shall make this as well in future.
By the way what is that water body called? I searched on Google maps but could not find any name for it!
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 11:52   #12
BHPian

Amazing travelogue, very good pictures and fantastic narration.. The roads, the surroundings and the place looks mind blowing.. Thanks for sharing as I have also been to Gujrat and the Rann of Kutch, but never knew of this place.. I'm surely adding this on my itinerary and the information you have shared is invaluable..
AnishRanjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 17:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
That is an amazing travelogue.
I have visited the border near Jaisalmer. Hope I shall make this as well in future.
By the way what is that water body called? I searched on Google maps but could not find any name for it!
Thanks for appreciating my post.
The water body is salt water and has no name as such. In fact there are patches of water around with small islands of salt. In peak summer most of the water dries up and you can see white salt for miles and miles. In monsoon and little later, it gets mucky.
Just use the names mentioned in my earlier post for getting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnishRanjan View Post
Amazing travelogue, very good pictures and fantastic narration.. The roads, the surroundings and the place looks mind blowing.. Thanks for sharing as I have also been to Gujrat and the Rann of Kutch, but never knew of this place.. I'm surely adding this on my itinerary and the information you have shared is invaluable..
Thanks for appreciating.
Yes this place should definitely be on your list and its cool for tourists, as there are no restrictions as such, being a border area. In future, I believe there will be more regulations to regularize the tourist flow.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 13:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Video of BSF at Nadabet

Old 17th June 2021, 23:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

June 2021.

Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos-fb_img_1623952018932.jpg
Source: BSF.

Gujarat CM along with the tourism minister Jawahar Chavda visits Narabet for inspection and confirms that the project will be completed by 15th August.
The 'Seema Darshan' project is being developed at an estimated cost of Rs 125 crore and is expected to be completed before 15th August, 2021. Under this project, the Gujarat Tourism Corporation has completed the work of shelter development near Nadeshwari Mata temple.
The works of phase 1 which are nearing completion at a cost of approximately Rs 23 crore. The chief minister also inspected the development works of second phase which are under construction at a cost of Rs. 32 crore.
Replicas of weapons and arms including surface to surface missiles, surface to air missiles, T-55 tank, artillery gun, torpedo, wing drop tank, Mig27 aircraft will be put along the stretch from ‘T’ junction to Zero point for display.

Source: https://m.timesofindia.com/city/ahme...w/83606327.cms

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 17th June 2021 at 23:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks