Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2020, 21:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Patratu Valley & Mccluskieganj : On a weekend drive to Jharkhand (from Kolkata)

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Thank You for this beautiful travelogue ! ...

Dassam Falls however deserves a visit during the monsoons, ideally August and September
Thank you //M. Indeed, I could imagine that the Dassam falls would be a grand show in the monsoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Excellent mate. Road trips are always fun! How did your vahan (car) fair? Anything you missed or wanted in your car? May be you want to get it before the next trip.
Thanks surjaonwheelz. The car performed well. Actually, after a while, you get used the characteristics of your car and drive it accordingly. BTW, I am in the lookout for our next car ( https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...altroz-xt.html (Advice needed: Tata Nexon XM vs Altroz XT) ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunak2X90 View Post
I'm really happy to see Patratu on here! If you decide to do the drive again, I would suggest to do it in the monsoons or just after the rains. It is so green and pleasant.
Thanks raunak2X90. The monsoon drive would a be fun drive, no doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
... Keep traveling and keep these logs coming
Thank you Saket. Your suggestions before the trip were very helpful. Overall, the roads were driver's delight in Jharkhand and that itself makes the road trip very enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
The town looks awesome and quite calm unlike the cacophony of other mega crumbling Indian cities! I will for sure visit them
Thank you MDED. I am sure you will enjoy this beautiful part of our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
Ranchi - Jamshedpur used to take 5-6 hours at least during those days with potholed road.
Thanks a lot amit.s. The road is surely much better now and it is going to improve further once the widening work is completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Yet another stunning travelogue from you. ... I have a plan to visit Dalma this month, specially to witness the Palash.
Thank you Samba. In fact, while going to Dassam falls, my wife had pointed me out a stretch of jungle which had only Palash trees. The flowers were yet to bloom but in that moment I could remember the pictures of Palash flowers that I had seen in your earlier travelogues!
gmhossain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 21:52   #17
BHPian

Re: Patratu Valley & Mccluskieganj : On a weekend drive to Jharkhand (from Kolkata)

Wonderful travelogue. Already marked all the places in maps and we are probably gonna drive there once the virus scare is over or as soon as the time permits. A little far from Hyderabad but looks absolutely worth it.

P.S.: If I ever found a place this clean and litter free in India, I'd never tell anyone about it If the places are really as clean as the pictures, I am totally out of words. My reaction after seeing the pics was typical, "Ye to India jaisa lag hi nahin raha hai.. (this doesn't look like India)".
bordeaux is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 21:53   #18
BHPian

Excellant travelogue and specially the starting quote of your travelogue. Beautiful narration with crisp photographs. Enjoyed every bit of it. You have given me the destination for my next road trip. Thank You.
Sujoy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 00:33   #19
BHPian

Thanks for penning down such a detailed travelogue! I was planning to stop by McCluskeygunj while returning from my Madhya Pradesh drive but sadly it didn't happen due to time constraint. Hopefully, I will get to drive along this Patratu - McCluskeygunj circuit real soon!

Thanks again for the travelogue and beautiful pictures!

Last edited by turboNath : 6th March 2020 at 00:59.
turboNath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 10:17   #20
BHPian

Thanks a lot for penning down this drive and capturing such amazing photos. I am also from Ranchi and visit once a year. The development work recently has been phenomenal. Seems the govt. is making good use of the Smart City Funding that it is getting.

Interesting fact: Ranchi was called the City of Waterfalls before it turned into the Hometown of MS Dhoni . There are a number of very beautiful waterfalls, and because of the naxal threats, they were low on tourists and had preserved their natural beauty for quite sometime.

This brings back a lot of memories, thank you so much!
puneetakhouri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 11:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue and lovely pictures we well.

A short trip over the weekend surely does wonders to refresh us, especially if the roads involve good tarmac and greenery. Not to mention, in your case, the fantabulous Patratu ghat stretch was included. What more could one want!
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 13:18   #22
BHPian

Nice and crisp travelogue with beautiful pictures. Tomorrow I also have a plan to visit Patratu Valley before heading towards Netarhat
SourabH007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 20:29   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
If I ever found a place this clean and litter free in India, I'd never tell anyone about it ...
Thank you very much bordeaux. The countryside in Jharkhand was quite clean, "naturally". However, the urban areas were like as in other parts of the country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoy76 View Post
Excellant travelogue and specially the starting quote of your travelogue. Beautiful narration with crisp photographs. Enjoyed every bit of it. You have given me the destination for my next road trip.
Thank you Sujoy. By the way, I enjoyed both of your recent travelogues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboNath View Post
Thanks for penning down such a detailed travelogue! I was planning to stop by McCluskeygunj while returning from my Madhya Pradesh drive but sadly it didn't happen due to time constraint.
Thanks a lot turboNath. I guess, there is always a next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
Thanks a lot for penning down this drive and capturing such amazing photos.
Thank you puneetakhouri. Jharkhand is naturally quite pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Nice travelogue and lovely pictures we well. A short trip over the weekend surely does wonders to refresh us,
Thanks a lot arindambasu13. So true, weekend trips are quite rejuvenating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourabH007 View Post
Nice and crisp travelogue with beautiful pictures. Tomorrow I also have a plan to visit Patratu Valley before heading towards Netarhat
Thanks SourabH007 and best wishes for your journey. Also, please put up a travelogue after your trip.
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 13:53   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourabH007 View Post
Please do post the travelogue of the same.
Deowrat17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 21:23   #25
Team-BHP Support

Beautiful travelogue Dada! I am sure this will urge more bhpians to visit Patratu. It has been on my list for a long time, but somehow it is not happening.
By the way, heard that you are looking to buy a new car, most probably the Nexon. All the best and hope to see a lot more travelogues from you once you get the new vehicle!
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 12:13   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Beautiful travelogue Dada! I am sure this will urge more bhpians to visit Patratu. It has been on my list for a long time, but somehow it is not happening.
By the way, heard that you are looking to buy a new car, most probably the Nexon. All the best and hope to see a lot more travelogues from you once you get the new vehicle!
Thank you very much Sumitro. Yeah, Nexon is in our cross-hair.
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 12:28   #27
BHPian

Dada,

I think the forests of Palamau and Jharkhand evokes strong nostalgia amongst most Bengalis - primarily driven by Ray's movie Aranyer Din Ratri. The thing about the urban folks trying to get lost in a location where there is no television, phones or any kind of connectivity whatsoever. And Hazaribagh for Feluda's Chinnomastar Abhishap

Infact I was referring to Saket's thread on Betla/Palamau for the earlier and as to the later your thread is the new Bible

Superbly written and great photography once again. Longing to see these places - but never sure when will these materialize!

Keep writing and posting more blog.

Best Regards,
Sayak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
These are the words by one of the finest story tellers of Bengali literature, Bibhutibhushan Bandyopadhyay. It questions our over-engagement with the chores of mundane life. It forces us to widen our thinking. The life must not just be lived but also be enjoyed!

The word "Aranyak", literally "Of the Forest", another cult novel by Bibhutibhushan, induces such an intense feeling in me since childhood that a visit to the regions of Chota Nagpur plateau has been a long due. This travelogue is about our drive to Jharkhand over a long weekend in February 2020.
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 13:35   #28
BHPian

Marvellous travel log. Excellent pictures.

Except your first day trip ( Patratu Vally), I have done rest of the spots, like Maccluskieganj, Dassam waterfalls, Chandil Dam, Jamshedpur, Mahuliya. I hope to visit Patratu very soon.

I cannot resist myself from sharing some snaps of my trip.Patratu Valley & Mccluskieganj : On a weekend drive to Jharkhand (from Kolkata)-dscf2103.jpg

Patratu Valley & Mccluskieganj : On a weekend drive to Jharkhand (from Kolkata)-dscf2110.jpg

Patratu Valley & Mccluskieganj : On a weekend drive to Jharkhand (from Kolkata)-dscf2124.jpg

Patratu Valley & Mccluskieganj : On a weekend drive to Jharkhand (from Kolkata)-dscf2127.jpg

Patratu Valley & Mccluskieganj : On a weekend drive to Jharkhand (from Kolkata)-dscf2150.jpg

Patratu Valley & Mccluskieganj : On a weekend drive to Jharkhand (from Kolkata)-dscf2142.jpg

Patratu Valley & Mccluskieganj : On a weekend drive to Jharkhand (from Kolkata)-dscf8127.jpg

Patratu Valley & Mccluskieganj : On a weekend drive to Jharkhand (from Kolkata)-dscf8173.jpg

Patratu Valley & Mccluskieganj : On a weekend drive to Jharkhand (from Kolkata)-whatsapp-image-20191227-12.04.56.jpg

Patratu Valley & Mccluskieganj : On a weekend drive to Jharkhand (from Kolkata)-whatsapp-image-20191227-12.07.561.jpg
soumiksett is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 22:16   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
I think the forests of Palamau and Jharkhand evokes strong nostalgia amongst most Bengalis ...
Thank you Sayak! You have nailed the key reason really well. Given the main highways are vastly improved, the weekend trips to these regions are easily doable now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumiksett View Post
Marvellous travel log. Excellent pictures. ... I cannot resist myself from sharing some snaps of my trip.
Thanks a lot soumiksett. You seem to have seen lot more water in the Dassam falls. In which month did you visit Dassam falls?

Last edited by gmhossain : 11th March 2020 at 22:18.
Old 12th March 2020, 09:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Dada,

I think the forests of Palamau and Jharkhand evokes strong nostalgia amongst most Bengalis - primarily driven by Ray's movie Aranyer Din Ratri. The thing about the urban folks trying to get lost in a location where there is no television, phones or any kind of connectivity whatsoever. And Hazaribagh for Feluda's Chinnomastar Abhishap
Agree. I went to McCluskieganj many years back when I was a kid and had no awareness of these literary works or the forests referenced in them. Many years later, when I read these books and watched the movie, I silently planned to make another trip to these areas. Has not happened yet, but will happen for sure in the near future.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 12th March 2020 at 09:05.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks