Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2020, 12:24   #1
BHPian

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more

From 2017 to 2019, I was posted in my hometown, Guwahati and I used this time exploring nearby places during the weekends. As parents of a newborn, we had to limit trips of a longer duration and stuck to nearby places. I am going to list a few places which I visited with my family and good friends like Zubin and Pahar. In particular, Zubin would come up with names of places which I had not heard of before and we would just hop on to our cars and make a trip of it. I am listing a few places which might be of interest to people who are looking for a weekend getaway from Guwahati. I am going to leave out the usual suspects of Shillong, Cherrapunjee, Dawki etc. from this log.

Koka Panimur falls:

Koka Panimur is around 220 kms from Guwahati. It falls partly in West Karbi Anglong district and partly in Dima Hasao District and can be approached from either districts. Zubin and I started in his i20 CRDi on a hot summer morning. Somewhere near Jagiroad, we were rear ended by an i10 but with no visible damages, we went ahead anyway.

In most trips, I have observed that the last 20-30 kms would always be the worst. Here too, we took almost 2 hours to cover the last 30 kms. From then on, most of our impromptu trips have been done in my Bolero 4wd.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0165.jpg

Rough roads leading to a rough bridge

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0170.jpg

Checking out protruding nails. We got a couple of punctures

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0175.jpg

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0188.jpg

Kopili River in full spate

This place is a popular picnic spot during winters. On the day of our visit, a hot summer day, the Kopili River was furiously flowing by and we were the only visitors.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0218.jpg

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0224.jpg

The water falls is more like water submerged now

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0237.jpg

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0258.jpg

Huts for picnickers

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0266.jpg

Zubin and Gunin

Across the river lies Dima Hasao District. At a later date, I visited the falls during winter and could capture the following pictures:

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1704.jpg

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1705.jpg

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1708.jpg

The structures across the river is where Zubin and I were standing on the day of our visit
gunin is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 11:10   #2
BHPian

re: Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more

Chandubi Lake:

Chandubi lake is a natural lake located around 60 kms from Guwahati. The lake is a popular picnic spot during winter. There are two roads for reaching the lake. One can go from Mirza or one can take the more scenic route via Rani.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-832.jpg
Drive through Rani

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0487.jpg
Boat rides are available. Our pilot from the the Rabha community

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0502.jpg

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0538.jpg

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0546_01.jpg

Game of lights and shadows

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-840.jpg
Evening and early mornings are really good for a boat ride

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0510.jpg
Stay and food facilities are available here

Umrangso Lake:

Umrangso is a small town in Dima Hasao district of Assam located around 250 kms from Guwahati. Pahar and I visited this place during a drive to Meghalaya via Karbi Anglong district of Assam. The roads in Dima Hasao district are in really bad condition but I think the view of the lake is reward enough for all the hardship. Be sure to ask for a place called Golf Links to get close to the lake.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1633.jpg
Walking to see the lake. Entrance at Golf Links

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1635.jpg
A bench in the memory of a dear one.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1667.jpg

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1675.jpg

Bad roads lead to good views

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1677.jpg
Lake beach

By moving further ahead, one can see the Kopili Hydro Electric Project:

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1627.jpg

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1629.jpg

Kopili Dam
gunin is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 11:54   #3
BHPian

Looking back, I realise that I visited quite a few wild life/ forest reserves sanctuaries during the two years. Even though I am not at all equipped with the camera gear required for a safari, I love being in the company of nature and feel fortunate to have covered a few places during the weekends.

Pakke Tiger Reserve, Seijosa, Arunachal Pradesh:

Guwahati to Seijosa: 250 kms

We (myself, wife and 14 month old son) visited Pakke Tiger Reserve in March, 2018. Our son was learning to walk and the home-stay pictures available on the internet seemed like a nice place to let him tumble around.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0019.jpg
Driving through Assam's Tea Gardens to reach Seijosa

We had contacted Mr. Pait who runs the community owned home-stay in Pakke Tiger Reserve and booked our stay for two nights. The facilities, as expected were basic but the people and the great food made up for any lack of modern facilities.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0029.jpg
Our home for two nights

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0055.jpg
Learning from each other

The first day was spent in relaxing and seeing the nearby areas. Mr. Modi was to be our guide for the safari the following day.
Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0058.jpg
Evening by the Pakke river

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0075.jpg
We could hear elephants in the night very nearby. Turns out the place is located close to an elephant corridor

Pakke is the wilder cousin of the better known Nameri National Park, Assam. Since there are no official safari vehicles, one can drive one’s own vehicle (a 4wd is a must during rains) through the forest right to the Khari Forest Camp. There is an internal route from Khari to Bhalukpong which I hope to explore on another visit.

The following day, I set off with Modi and one forest guard to the Khari Camp in my Bolero 4wd. Since it was raining, we decided (rightly in hindsight) to leave my son and wife at the home-stay itself.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0079.jpg
Entry gate to Pakke

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0084.jpg
Baby with his father

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0091.jpg
About Pakke Tiger Reserve

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0095.jpg
To fallen heroes

Modi and the forest guard proved to be excellent guides with a lot of passion to showcase their forest reserve. They pointed out many varieties of birds to me- and I felt almost embarrassed at not having suitable camera gear for capturing the same. I was very happy engaging 4H and when the sliding got too much the 4L on the Bolero.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0108.jpg

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0116.jpg
Looking for Hornbills. When in flight, a sound like similar to a helicopter is made

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0129.jpg

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0132.jpg
Khari Forest Camp

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0133.jpg
Khari overlooks a valley. I can only imagine a night stay here. The route to Bhalukpong goes along the valley

While returning from the Khari Camp, on a upward muddy slope, Modi spotted a hornbill and motioned me to stop. We spotted the hornbill but my mind was on the rear wheel of the Bolero which seemed to be buried in the mud. Even after engaging 4L, the Bolero only slid towards the edge of the mountain road (I was still on the stock HT tyres then) without moving ahead. We could get out after placing some bamboos on the mud and some good old pushing by Modi and the forest guard. Modi was worried as a few days back, a local was killed by a wild elephant very near to the place where we were struggling.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0120.jpg

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0121.jpg
I may not be fast but I can get you places

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0136.jpg
Elephant of the Forest Department

After a tiring day, I thanked Modi and forest guard for the great outing and returned to the home stay all muddy but happy.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0076.jpg
Sleep tight in Pakke

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0165.jpg
Our hosts who ensured our stay was comfortable

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0171.jpg
Until next time, Pakke!
gunin is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 14:10   #4
BHPian

Manas National Park

Distance from Guwahati: 140 kms

Till date, I have visited Manas National Park twice- once with a friend and once with my family. Even though, one can drive through the forest in one’s own vehicle (which I did the first time around) all the way till Mathanguri camp, I think taking a gypsy safari is much more enjoyable. The safari goes through the inner jungle tracks which are rightfully off bounds for private vehicles. Since, Manas National Park is well documented elsewhere; I will only share a few pictures from our trips:

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190417_071820.jpg
Entrance

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190416_172531.jpg
From one of the forest watch towers

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190416_154632.jpg
Beside the Manas river

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190417_083045.jpg
Big fellow loitering just outside our lodge's campus

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0086.jpg
We drove further till Panbang, Bhutan. Manas is known as Royal Manas in Bhutan

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0102.jpg
Panbang, Bhutan

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0118.jpg
Hurrying back in the evening

Orang National Park

Distance from Guwahati: 120 kms

We visited Orang National Park in December, 2018. It is relatively less explored but it was one of the best experiences we have ever had on a safari. The forest guard who accompanied was very passionate about his duty and went out of his way in showing us around. Since we were the only visitors at that time, we had the entire safari route to ourselves. It is much smaller than Manas and Kaziranga but is also less frequented. Some pictures:

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1115.jpg
A river near the lodge we stayed. Kanoka Village Resort. Located around 20 kms from the National park. A nice place

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1138.jpg
At Kanoka Village Resort

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1173.jpg
Tourist facilitation centre at Orang

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1192.jpg
Orang

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_1188.jpg
Forest Trails

Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary

Distance from Guwahati: 30 kms

Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary is located very close to Guwahati. I have been there a couple of times with friends and family. The rhinos graze very near to the jeep trails and almost seem as docile as the cows who have encroached upon the forest land. It is a nice experience nevertheless to observe the wildlife at close quarters. Some pictures:

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0154.jpg

Gypsy safari

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0159.jpg
Cows and rhinos

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0166.jpg
Forest trails

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0189.jpg
Shot with my 35 mm prime lens

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-dsc_0222.jpg
A nice getaway

Nokrek National Park, Garo Hills, Meghalaya

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-930.jpg

Detailed log:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...meghalaya.html (Nokrek National Park, West Garo Hills @ Meghalaya)

Distance from Guwahati: 250 kms

Last edited by gunin : 25th February 2021 at 15:25.
gunin is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 15:06   #5
BHPian

Mawryngkhang trek, Wahken, Meghalaya

Distance from Guwahati: 150 kms

Trek time: 2-3 hours one way

I was in the mood for some adventure and who better to call than my friend Pahar for such stuffs. Pahar was clueless about where we were headed but knowing me, he wore his trekking slippers to the occasion.
We reached Wahken village at around 9 in the morning one Saturday and started the trek to U Mawryngkhang. It has a nice background story and do look it up if interested. I will let the pictures do the talking:

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_091727.jpg
Rains and Bolero 4wd. At Wahken Village starting the trek.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_093012.jpg
Inviting landscape

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_095820.jpg
I would like a Teambhp T-shirt in sweat wicking material

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_101106.jpg

Pahar going ahead

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_102259.jpg

Pahar and Gunin

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_103155.jpg
Interesting!

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_103419.jpg

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_103526.jpg

In bamboo bridges suspended over a cliff we trust

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_104910.jpg

That's U Mawryngkhang. We stopped for a breather.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_112644.jpg

Pahar is fearless. I wouldn't do this alone.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_113150.jpg

U Mawryngkhang. Bamboo railings are visible.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_113225.jpg

Another flight of stairs

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_114951.jpg

Stairway to heaven!

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_113935.jpg

Pahar silently cursing me.

Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more-img_20190322_121644.jpg

Recommended to carry a change of clothes. Can takes dips in pools like these then

After the trek, we ate like pigs at a nearby hotel and returned to Guwahati the same day.

That's all from me. I will try to keep adding to this thread in case I missed something. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by gunin : 25th February 2021 at 15:11.
gunin is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 15:39   #6
Team-BHP Support

Mod note: Thread moved to Travelogues. Thanks for sharing.
Rudra Sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 16:09   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, that trek and the bamboo bridge was absolutely mental! Looks like Assam is surrounded by wildlife reserves. Here’s to hoping they stay preserved and reserved!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 18:11   #8
BHPian

Rated 5 stars. This is an awesome collection for anyone looking to spend holidays and trek adventures in and around Guwahati. Your friend Pahar is a dare devil man, but you being a family man now I would advice to keep yourself safe although safety applies to everyone. The bamboo bridge shots, the landscapes with green and distant hills and the forest route clicks are awesome.

And I did not get to thank you for helping my friend once with tour guidance over phone. Your North East TLs are of reference quality. Keep sharing more of these and lots of love to your little one.

Last edited by haisaikat : 25th February 2021 at 18:13.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 11:47   #9
BHPian

Re: Getaways from Guwahati | Lakes, Tiger Reserve, Trek, Water Falls & more

Had there been a single IT company in Guwahati, I would surely had gotten myself a job there even taking a pay cut. In term of weekend getaways, Guwahati is heaven. There have been literally almost 30 places in my bucket list that still remain unfulfilled due to lack of enough vacation days. Some of them being:

Sibsagar, Majuli, Tinsukia, Digboi, Parasuram Kunda
The Golden triad of sanctuaries, namely, Manas, Pobitora and Kaziranga
Arunachal Circuits: Tawang+Bumla, Mechuka, Gelling, Anini, Wallong-Kibhithoo, Vijoynagar trek
Dzuko Valley
The beautiful, beautiful Loktak lake
Manipur Circuit: Ukhrul, Imphal, Moreh all the way to Tamu in Myanmar (though border is closed now)

I was seriously planning driving to Meghalaya and spend a few weeks working there in the late 2020, when my laptop went kaput. I was luck to be in Kolkata and got the issue repaired. It would have been a nightmare getting stuck in faraway state with a non-functional laptop, and realizing this I dropped the idea. Some other day perhaps.
RoadAtlas is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 12:47   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadAtlas View Post
I was seriously planning driving to Meghalaya and spend a few weeks working there in the late 2020, when my laptop went kaput. I was luck to be in Kolkata and got the issue repaired. It would have been a nightmare getting stuck in faraway state with a non-functional laptop, and realizing this I dropped the idea. Some other day perhaps.
So what are you implying? That we don't have laptops here? Or that it can't be repaired or serviced here?
On a serious note, take the plunge and visit our state. You will not be disappointed.
Maedhros is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 12:57   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
So what are you implying? That we don't have laptops here? Or that it can't be repaired or serviced here?
On a serious note, take the plunge and visit our state. You will not be disappointed.
Aha! One more local friend via this wonderful forum just like Gunin in the North East. I have realised that without someone who knows the lay of the land in each state of the North East, planning any trip is akin to harakiri.

You are still a newbie here, hence i cannot send you a private message. May i request you email me at kat dot ramana at gmail dot com so that i can get in touch with you? If you dont mind that is. Might be planning a trip down to your beautiful state.

Back to regular programming!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 13:34   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
When you are having a company laptop, you cannot service it in any repair center. For Hardware support, you have to come to any office location and get it repaired by the IT service team. The nearest office is in Kolkata.

I hope this explains.
RoadAtlas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 14:17   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Wow, that trek and the bamboo bridge was absolutely mental! Looks like Assam is surrounded by wildlife reserves. Here’s to hoping they stay preserved and reserved!
Thank you Red Liner. Your message woke me up from my slumber and I completed this log .

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Rated 5 stars. This is an awesome collection for anyone looking to spend holidays and trek adventures in and around Guwahati. Your friend Pahar is a dare devil man, but you being a family man now I would advice to keep yourself safe although safety applies to everyone. The bamboo bridge shots, the landscapes with green and distant hills and the forest route clicks are awesome.

And I did not get to thank you for helping my friend once with tour guidance over phone. Your North East TLs are of reference quality. Keep sharing more of these and lots of love to your little one.
Thank you haisakat and the pleasure is all mine. I think Mr. Atanu had a good trip. Thank you for the wishes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadAtlas View Post
Had there been a single IT company in Guwahati, I would surely had gotten myself a job there even taking a pay cut. In term of weekend getaways, Guwahati is heaven. There have been literally almost 30 places in my bucket list that still remain unfulfilled due to lack of enough vacation days. Some of them being:

Sibsagar, Majuli, Tinsukia, Digboi, Parasuram Kunda
The Golden triad of sanctuaries, namely, Manas, Pobitora and Kaziranga
Arunachal Circuits: Tawang+Bumla, Mechuka, Gelling, Anini, Wallong-Kibhithoo, Vijoynagar trek
Dzuko Valley
The beautiful, beautiful Loktak lake
Manipur Circuit: Ukhrul, Imphal, Moreh all the way to Tamu in Myanmar (though border is closed now)

Aah you seem to have a very sorted bucket list. You should definitely drive to Guwahati and see more of the region. I saw a TCS office in Guwahati. Not sure what they do though there.
gunin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 17:08   #14
BHPian

Hello Gunin,
A big thank you for coming up with this thread. Some of the pictures just look like those screen savers that we get in windows. I instantly fell in love with these two places,
Chandubi Lake and Umrangso Lake. If not for your thread, wouldn't have gotten to know them.
This thread is really handy for exploring least visited places and staying away from the crowd.
Let this thread be similar to what D-Bhpain Samba has created where bhpians can share photos and details of unexplored places that are off the tourist radar, from their visit .
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...-tourists.html (West Bengal - A treasure for tourists)

I request Bhpians from Assam to keep this thread active so that we get to see mouthwatering pictures and plan a trip.
Wish to see more suggestions

Cheers,
Abhinav.
Abhinav V is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 17:13   #15
BHPian

Aahh. You seem to have lighten my mood by sharing wonderful pictures of yours. I could not make it to many places nearing Guwahati despite the fact that i am from Guwahati itself. Left Guwahati in 2015 for Higher education and now job. However i look forward to exploring the places mentioned in your post. I will be glad to be a part of T-BHP guwahati meet up as well. Off topic: If you are in for a great road trip Guwahati - Siliguri- Darjeeling calls for a great route. Do check it out.
LONG_TOURER is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks