Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2020, 12:53   #16
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Kolkata in the midst of the Covid-19 lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Hey meetarin. My suggestion would be Vijayawada over rajamundry.
Yes, I have decided on making the first night halt at Vijayawada.

Quote:
You might want to consider a sea side town in Odisha just to catch a sunrise early morning.
I have been considering Gopalpur for the second night but am not able to find a lot of stay options. Any recommendations? Would need a place which has good hygiene, especially in the COVID situation. Recommendation for any other seaside town is also welcome
Old 29th September 2020, 18:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetarin View Post
Yes, I have decided on making the first night halt at Vijayawada.
Gateway Vijaywada. Run by Taj. Excellent hygiene and adherence to COVID protocols. Hardly a kilometre from Benz circle.

Quote:
I have been considering Gopalpur for the second night but am not able to find a lot of stay options. Any recommendations? Would need a place which has good hygiene, especially in the COVID situation. Recommendation for any other seaside town is also welcome
Mayfair Gopalpur. Ticks all the boxes. Be careful about the Orissa Tourism, (OTDC) stay options. They are a bit iffy.

If you wish you may refer:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ta-nano-2.html (Lockdown Travel: Chennai to Kolkata (in a Nano))

for further information.
Old 30th September 2020, 12:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Gateway Vijaywada. Run by Taj. Excellent hygiene and adherence to COVID protocols. Hardly a kilometre from Benz circle.
Thanks for your inputs, Arjab! However, we made a little change in plans and are going via Hyderabad, since we got the news of flooding in Vijayawada and dont want to take risk. The next stops are planned at Vizag and Bhubaneshwar. We are planning to take it relaxed instead of rushing
Old 30th September 2020, 17:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your inputs, Arjab! However, we made a little change in plans and are going via Hyderabad, since we got the news of flooding in Vijayawada and dont want to take risk. The next stops are planned at Vizag and Bhubaneshwar. We are planning to take it relaxed instead of rushing
Vizag, you can try Best Western Ramachandra near Gajuwaka. It is hardly 200 metres off the NH-16 and will save you a lot of commute time into and out of the city as Vizag gets irritatingly crowded during peak hours. I stayed at Best Western thrice and can vouch for its cleanliness and adherence to COVID protocols.

Instead of Bhubaneswar , you may also contemplate a night halt at Balasore which is closer to the Bengal - Orissa border. Vizag to Balasore is around 625 kms and it takes exactly 12 hours driven/ridden in a leisurely manner. At Balasore. there is a very good resort called NOCCI Residency , again very clean and well looked after where you can spend the night. From Balasore to Calcutta its only 250 kms so you can take it really easy on the last leg.
This is the itinerary which i usually follow, so thought of sharing with you.
Best..,
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 20:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Vizag, you can try Best Western Ramachandra near Gajuwaka.
Hi Arjab! I could not reach Vizag as planned because nature and my bike had other plans! Will document the travelogue in the Durga Pujo week. I had to halt the night at Rajahmundry. Next morning, rode all the way till Bhubaneshwar and next day to Kolkata.
Old 2nd September 2021, 19:27   #21

Quote:
Hi Arka, I'm late in asking but have you traveled already? I'm looking for some company in the weekend of 10th October for the same route.
Apologies for the delayed response. Due to personal reasons, I was not able to make the trip. However, I am planning to make the same trip at the end of this month but this time in my new Polo TSI. Pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Kolkata in the midst of the Covid-19 lockdown-img_20210821_112006_copy_3182x2381.jpg  

Bangalore to Kolkata in the midst of the Covid-19 lockdown-img_20210822_140402_copy_3059x2289.jpg  

Arka Saha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 21:06   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka Saha View Post
I am planning to make the same trip at the end of this month but this time in my new Polo TSI. Pics below.
Amazing! I'm sure you're excited
Old 3rd September 2021, 21:22   #23

Quote:
Amazing! I'm sure you're excited
You can bet I am. Unfortunately in the last 1 month I have only been able to do 470kms due to unavailability of time. But planning to do atleast a 1000kms before the first service check up on 11th September before leaving for Kolkata on 30th September...But every single time I take her out for a drive, I am literally jumping with joy when I realize how confident i feel when driving. And for this I would like to thank all those vloggers/presenters who have consistently praised the polo for the thrill of driving aspect. Now I trully understand what they were on about..The feeling is amazing...Thank you.
Arka Saha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks