Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 19:23   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
i am planning a trip to haridwar. what is the state of the roads now? anyone?
Hey !

I am just came back from Dehradun last Sunday and the roads are in pretty good shape as compared to what they were in the past.

If 4 months back roads were 40/100 this time they were 80/100. Just small patches here and there of bad road.
Old 11th August 2009, 19:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Hey !

I am just came back from Dehradun last Sunday and the roads are in pretty good shape as compared to what they were in the past.

If 4 months back roads were 40/100 this time they were 80/100. Just small patches here and there of bad road.
I had gone home (Dehradun) in April and couldnt believe they could screw up the roads so majorly. It took me almost 7 hours to reach doon from delhi even though I left at 4 am . Its nice to know that things have improved.
Old 14th August 2009, 11:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
wanted to bring every BHPIN’s attention to the state of roads in a state where fuel prices are the highest.
Hey Pramod, thanks for the write up and the info. Was planning my trip to Haridwar with wifey on my brand new ford ikon tdci.

After reading your experience, have dropped the plan till October. Will give UP govt. time to fix up the roads for me .
Old 14th August 2009, 15:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
Hey Pramod, thanks for the write up and the info. Was planning my trip to Haridwar with wifey on my brand new ford ikon tdci.

After reading your experience, have dropped the plan till October. Will give UP govt. time to fix up the roads for me .
Dont expect that to happen, our beloved CM is busy erracting her own statues for a budget of 750 Crore form the tax payers money and soon she realized she ran out of money for draught/flood releif, and had asked for 200 crore help from the center

. Seriously i do not think things are going to be any good till the next elections.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:47   #20
BHPian

Current road conditions?

Hello Guys,

I am planning a business cum leisure trip to Haridwar(from Gurgaon) early next week and wanted to know if any of you have traveled on this area recently and what is the current condition of the road.

If the road conditions are bad then we might choose to travel by Shatabdi Express.

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks