Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2020, 15:39   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Offbeat cars to an offbeat location - Aurangabad with old Mercs, new Mercs & some Germans

Great images and a great adventure.
Nice to see these various Mercedes together. I did not do an exact count, but I got the feeling the W123 got the most “camera-exposure”?

Entirely appropriate of course, but then again, I am heavily biassed when it comes to W123.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 16:21   #17
BHPian

Re: Offbeat cars to an offbeat location - Aurangabad with old Mercs, new Mercs & some Germans

Pure bliss, oh my god such a visual treat! Hats off to you for providing us these beautiful pictures of old Germans. The class of old Mercs are here to stay! Could you please also mention about the camera + lens combinations you have used for clicking these pics.
Old 15th July 2020, 16:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan;4838928 [*
Mercedes-Benz C126 380SEC

Attachment 2027073

Oh my Goshh !

That C126 380 SEC in red looks splendidly voluptuous . I guess I never used this adjective for a car, but it deserves it.

Beautiful Trip, Sensual Photos and Magnificent Machines... Can't say more.
And that 380 SEC is going to stay on my phone for sometime.

Last edited by poised2drive : 15th July 2020 at 16:30.
Old 15th July 2020, 17:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Apart from my favorite vRS, I don’t know I’m not a fan of older gen cars. More of a gizmo guy. But that Red Mercedes caught my attention.

Germans know how to lure us enthusiasts in. Damn, I loved how well that car is maintained

Wonderful pics!
Old 15th July 2020, 18:08   #20
BHPian

Excellent thread Buddy. This is a dream garage combo.
Most of your pictures are Wallpaper material.
Special mention to 380SEC! Pure Bliss.
Old 15th July 2020, 18:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
The next stop was an extremely quick tea break. And another photo-op!

I piloted the W123 on the way to Ellora.
Attachment 2027306
Amazing. Couldn't take my eyes off the W123 and W211. But, the temperature guage of the W123 is not working or the beauty hasn't warmed up?

Edit: I zoomed up, and I see the needle has risen a bit above the zero mark, so I guess she was only warming up . Stupid of me to think that you guys will go for a long trip with a faulty temp gauge.

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 15th July 2020 at 18:24.
Old 15th July 2020, 19:57   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Travelogues Section. Thanks for sharing!

A thread full of eye candy. Every time I read your threads, I want to head out on the highway, ///RMan! Alas, the lockdown. Can't wait for the restrictions to lift. Excellent thread as always - it's as if you took us with you for the drive . Going to homepage today .
Thank You! Always happy to share the experience with fellow petrolheads !

And indeed, cannot wait to hit the highway again

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Wow! Awesome pictures man. The old Mercs look fabulous. The C126 is so rare and well kept. I am surprised to see a W211 E280 Petrol. There are very few of them around and my neighbour had one for a while. Cold starts of the E280 were pure music to ears. This thread has multiplied the craving for a proper drive.
Thank You! The C126 is a beauty indeed. The W211 is a minter, picked up recently by the friend. It is an ex-Bollywood celeb car but too well kept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
Wow Wow ! The SEC and 123 are absolute gems. I am more biased towards the SEC, what a timeless design, absolute drool-worthy !

Great pictures, there. Thanks for sharing such a soul relaxing post.
The SEC is a stunner! Comes up in my top 3 favourite Mercs ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Kudos to you for such brilliant snaps! Droolworthy post!
I have made this my phone's lockscreen wallpaper after a slight edit. Hope you don't mind it. Your watermark hasn't been tampered with

Haha glad you liked the pics. And no I do not mind at all!
DM me if you'd want a High-Res copy if this one isn't sufficient.

Attachment 2030572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moontan View Post
What a wonderful and diverse collection of machines!

If I may ask, what are the power specs of the 380? That car is a beauty!
I believe the car makes 200bhp and ~300Nm, but I've not cross-checked. The 380 is the smaller of the two V8s that came on the Gen I SEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edges View Post
Wow very pleased to read the trip log along with great pictures....very eager to take a trip near bangalore in my Merc W211 E200 Compressor after reading this elaborate log.
Thank You. The W211 is a time-less beauty. Happy Miles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
[/list]Beautiful snaps These cars look supremely maintained, kudos to the owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Lovely pictures, and great food for thought in these times when we're all cooped up at home and dreaming of highway runs. The pics of the 380 were drool-worthy, as were all the others too.

And now, back to playing Need for Speed to get my daily dose of high octane, socially distanced thrills.
Thank You! Highway runs are needed after being locked up at home, hopefully this CoViD menace ends soon and we can hit the highway again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Great images and a great adventure.
Nice to see these various Mercedes together. I did not do an exact count, but I got the feeling the W123 got the most “camera-exposure”?

Entirely appropriate of course, but then again, I am heavily biassed when it comes to W123.

Jeroen
The W123 and C126 were possibly the two most clicked cars, and rightly so. Not taking away from the other cars of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Pure bliss, oh my god such a visual treat! Hats off to you for providing us these beautiful pictures of old Germans. The class of old Mercs are here to stay! Could you please also mention about the camera + lens combinations you have used for clicking these pics.
The older Stars exude much more class and character than the modern day Mercs do.

The camera I used for the rolling shots was a Canon 60D and a 16-35mm lens.
Some other pictures clicked by friends are from a Nikon D750 and Tamron lens ( I don't remember the lens specs sorry )

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Oh my Goshh !

That C126 380 SEC in red looks splendidly voluptuous . I guess I never used this adjective for a car, but it deserves it.

Beautiful Trip, Sensual Photos and Magnificent Machines... Can't say more.
And that 380 SEC is going to stay on my phone for sometime.
Voluptuous it is! Just perfectly described it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Apart from my favorite vRS, I don’t know I’m not a fan of older gen cars. More of a gizmo guy. But that Red Mercedes caught my attention.

Germans know how to lure us enthusiasts in. Damn, I loved how well that car is maintained

Wonderful pics!
The Red Mercedes caught everyones eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash22 View Post
Excellent thread Buddy. This is a dream garage combo.
Most of your pictures are Wallpaper material.
Special mention to 380SEC! Pure Bliss.
Thanks! Glad you liked the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Amazing. Couldn't take my eyes off the W123 and W211. But, the temperature guage of the W123 is not working or the beauty hasn't warmed up?

Edit: I zoomed up, and I see the needle has risen a bit above the zero mark, so I guess she was only warming up . Stupid of me to think that you guys will go for a long trip with a faulty temp gauge.
The pic was clicked just after starting it, after being parked for about 14-15 hours. The temp gauge takes a while to rise, as you rightly spotted
///RMan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 15:02   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic cars, a fantastic destination, and a fantastic travelogue. It is shocking - but after 47 years of living in Bombay, I have never been to Aurangabad or Ajanta / Ellora. I do hope we find a vaccine, things return to normal, and I am able to correct that this year. But at this stage, reading a new travelogue on Team BHP is the best we can do. Thanks a lot for posting this - it has indeed been a feast for one’s eyes
Hayek is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 16:19   #24
BHPian

Loved the writeup. The C126 is just so good looking from every angle. Well, all of them were droolworthy. Great shots. Brought out the big cars really well.
megazoid is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks